Status: Indefinite Hiatus until furhter notice

Fallen Angels Rising Star

Songs and Memories

Amber lay on Terry’s bed, wondering what his mom and him were talking about. She had a good idea, but she didn’t want to think about it so she decided to lay back and wait for Terry to come back up. She looked over to see his iPod, which was resting in the dock, so she decided to turn it on and see what kind of music Terry liked.

Why does it always have to Come down to you leaving, Before I'll say 'I love you'
Why do I always use the words
That cut the deepest
When I know how much it hurts you
Oh baby why, do I do that to you


She hit the next button.

Baby you know that I miss you, I wanna get with you tonight
But I cannot baby girl and that's the issue
Girl you know I miss you, I just wanna kiss you
But I can't right now so baby kiss me thru the phone, I'll see you later on
Kiss me thru the phone, see you when I get home [i/]

She hit the next button again.

Tell me what you want to hear
Something that were like those years
I'm sick of all the insincere
So I'm gonna give all my secrets away
This time
Don't need another perfect lie
Don't care if critics ever jump in line
I'm Gonna give all my secrets away


She was quickly getting frustrated, He was humming a song last night while he was sleeping and she was hoping it was on his iPod. She hit the next button again.

i] I'm still alive but I'm barely breathing
Just prayed to a God that I don't believe in
'Cause I got time while she got freedom
'Cause when a heart breaks, no it don't breakeven


Her eyes flew open. That was the song !

Her best days will be some of my worst
She finally met a man that's gonna put her first
While I'm wide awake she's no trouble sleeping
'Cause when a heart breaks, no it don't breakeven, even, no

What am I suppose to do
When the best part of me was always you and
What am I suppose to say
When I'm all choked up and you're okay
She laid her head on the pillows and closed her eyes, breathing in Terry’s sent, a earthy sent mixed with something lighter, but she couldn’t tell what. She soon fell asleep listening to the song and started to hum along. I'm falling to pieces, yeah
I'm falling to pieces They say bad things happen for a reason
But no wise words gonna stop the bleeding
'Cause she's moved on while I'm still grieving
And when a heart breaks, no it don't breakeven, even, no


~~~~~~~~Dreamscape~~~~~~~~

Amber was all at once very aware of the warmth of the sun on her face and the noise of the village bustling around her. She opened her eyes wondering when she had closed them, why she was just standing here in the middle of the path. The colors around her smudged slightly at the corners of her vision as she looked around. The air felt comfortable in her chest. It felt like home. She reveled in the content feeling, watching people walk past her as she stood unnoticed. “Amber!” She jumped and turned. A boy with dirty blonde hair and dark hazel eyes stood to her left.
Terry.

Wait.

Who?

“Zane,” she replied mechanically. Her stomach fluttered a little at the name. He was frowning. She smiled.

“Amber, what are you doing spacing out here? We have a meeting, Stupid.” Amber opened and then closed her mouth.

“Oh. Sorry. Let’s go.” Zane’s eyes traveled the length of her once before quirking an eyebrow.

“You good?”

“Yeah, I’m good,” she replied. He turned and started of down the path. She followed. She couldn’t help but give Zane a once over as they walked down the road to the Council building. It was scary how much he resembled Terry, except for his eyes and Terry was slightly broader in the shoulders (at least at that time he was) and Terry had a slightly slimmer physique, due to the fact he played basketball and ran track.

Whoa… talk about Deja Vú ’ She thought. She remembered this day, and she remembered what would happen in a few hours if she didn’t stop it.

“Hello, anyone home?”

Amber squeaked when a hand waved in front of her face. She placed a hand over her heart, it was beating a mile a minute.

“Are you trying to give a freaking heart attack?”

“Sorry, I was calling for like five minutes but you weren’t answering”, Zane said sheepishly, taking her hand in his and asking, “Are you ok Amber?”

Amber nods and put a smile on her face, “Yup, perfectly fine”

Zane didn’t seem convinced, but he let it go without saying anything, dropping her hand and started walking again. Amber couldn’t help the small pang of hurt that passed through her when he let go of her hand, but shrugged it off. She took a deep breath and followed him.

A few minutes later found Amber and Zane at the council building, her standing behind her father and him behind his.

“I now call this council meeting to order”, Oligan, her father, said, “First on the agenda, a warning. I have been told, and this has been proven, that a shadow from our past has been awakened.”

All of a sudden everyone was speaking at once, so that each voice bled into the next.

“We should run, escape while we can…”

“What are we to do, what about…”

“We must fight, and lock him away for good this time.”

SCILENCE ”, Oligan was now standing, looking at all the council members, “As long as we stay united, we shall be fine.” They all nodded and went on to talk about lesser things.

Some time later, Zane tapped on her shoulder and motioned for her to follow. She did with out second thought.

“Thank you SO much, if I had to sit there any longer I would’ve screamed” Amber said, rubbing her temples. She head Zane snicker.

“What the hell is so funny, Blondie?”

Zane raised an eyebrow, “Blondie? Whatever. I find it amusing that Mr. I’m so level headed and nothing can bother me is frustrated about sitting in a meeting.”

Amber rolled her eyes and playfully pushed him, “What, aren’t I entitled to getting annoyed every now and then?”

Zane laughed and nodded, wrapping one arm around her waist. Amber laid he head on his shoulder, smiling. Zane always gave off such strength, yet was able to ease her mind and just a simple touch. Her eyes flew open as she was suddenly picked up bridal style.

“If you where sleepy, you should’ve said so silly,” Zane said, smiling at her. Amber shook her head and closed her eyes.

~~~~~~

Amber awoke because some time later to find herself in a cave. She looked around groggily.

“Zane”, She called out, but to no avail, she was alone.

“Zane”, She called again, with no answer.

“Zane… Dad… Anybody… ZANE”, She shouted in frustration and fear, praying nothing bad had happened to them. A tapping on her shoulder had her twirling around, drawing her daggers out incase she needed to defend herself.

“Chill out princess, it’s just me”, She heard someone say, and instantly felt better.

“ZANE”, She yelled and threw herself at him in a bone-crushing hug, “What happened”?

“Genia attacked us”

Amber looked at him in shock. Genia? Her father’s personal assistant? There had to be a mistake.

“No, that’s not possible, why would he do it?”, she questioned.

“I don’t know, but I say we find out”, Zane said, with a smirk on his face. Amber was quick to match that smirk.

“Oh yes, lets pay him a… “Friendly” vist”

~~~~~

When they arrived in the village, it was quiet, like a ghost town. Amber went in first, with Zane using his ability to turn invisible to follow behind her.

Zing
Twang
Swish

Amber, thanks to her heightened senses, heard these sounds of an attack being launched at her and acted; easily avoiding, dodging, and evading the three projectiles launched at her. What she failed to notice, was the presence sneaking up on her, and knocking her out.

~~~~~

When Amber came to, she realized she was in a cave again.

This is getting really freaking old She silently mused, cracking an eye open and looking around.

She was in the Prophecy Hall, as it was called. It was the cave where they found the drawings depicting the supposed “future” of her people.

“How nice of you to join us in the land of the living, Amber”, said a voice that made her skin crawl and her blood boil.

“Genia”, she said with as much hate and malice she could muster.

“Oh, now that’s no way to speak to your elders, and your father’s assistant to boot.”

“That no longer applies to you, you worthless piece of sh—“ She was stopped short by a slap to the cheek.

“How dare you, you worthless brat”, Genia spat at her, “If you don’t learn to hold your tongue, I guess I’m going to have to kill your precious boyfriend.”

Amber’s head snapped up and saw him holding Zane by his hair with a knife pressed to his throat.

“Zane!”

Zane gave her a look saying Don’t worry about me

Amber nodded and felt her inner powers coming to life, coursing through her veins. If she so pleased, she could snap the restraints holding her to the wall in a second, but chose not to.

“Good, now that I have your attention, listen, and listen good,” Genia said, and she saw just what caused him to attack everyone, he was going insane, she could tell by the look in his eye.

“I have taken over the council, and I, and I alone, rule over out people, and under my rule, we will conquer our enemies and rule this great land,” He said, pausing to take a breath, “Even if I have to kill everyone who gets in my way”. He threw a glance and Zane and herself.

“You and what army,” Zane said, earning him a backhand to the jaw.

“You warriors of course, with my ability to control the weak minded, you will follow my commands, you foolish boy”

Zane spat in his face, “Over my dead body”

Genia didn’t like this and backhanded him again, kicking him in the stomach for good measure.

Amber was quickly losing her temper, but pushed it down so she could concentrate.

“The won’t follow you, you know that. They are loyal to my father and the council, the real rulers of the kingdom”, Amber said, smirking, “Face it, you have no army, no power, you have nothing.”

Genia looked like he had been slapped. His face contorted into a mask of anger and loathing.

“You will pay for you insolence, girl”

As he stated toward her, he drew his blade, and amber broke the bonds holding her to the wall, drawing her daggers from their sheaths in her boots.

“Bring it”

And with that Amber rushed him, throwing strike after strike, all of which he managed to either parry or evade. She was quickly growing tired, she was not used to fighting at such a quick pace for such a long time. She faltered in her stance, and he quickly brought her to her knees, with multiple cuts on her arms and upper body.

“It is time for you to die, you pest.”

As he raised his blade, a knife buried itself in his arm, causing him to cry out in pain and drop his blade. Amber looked around and saw Zane, standing with his arm outstretched and holding another battle knife in his other hand.

“Amber, run” He shouted, and she obeyed, knowing she was useless in this fight. She ran until she collapsed, half way from the caves and in a field, and then the worst happened.

The cave system exploded, initial blast sending her flying, she looked up in time to see a column of fire shooting in the sky then the shockwave hit her, knocking her out for the third time that day.

~~~~

Amber awoke in the infirmary and noticed that it was full to bursting. She stopped a nurse to ask her what happened, fearing the worst.

“The cave system exploded, killing thousands and injuring just as many. I’m sorry to tell you this, but Zane confessed to it, and has taken full responsibility” The nurse said, before giving her a weak smile and walking off.

Amber was at a loss, hadn’t Genia done it, attacked the council and then her and Zane. Wasn’t he the reason she was in her with all these injuries? Amber couldn’t believe what had happened and resolved to tell her father what really happened.

A few hours passed and she had also learned she had been unconscious for three days, and that her father was waiting for her.

When she arrived home, she sought out her father.

“Dad… Dad… FATHER”

“Amber, please, come here”, her father said, his voice coming from his study.

When Amber stepped into the room, she started to tell her father what happened, but stopped short seeing his face, and instead asked:

“What’s wrong?”

Her father suddenly looked much older, and she feared the worst.

“I’m sure you’ve heard of Zane’s attack”, he paused and nodded her head, “He told me everything, how it started out with Genia, and how it ended when he blew the cavern apart.” So she hadn’t imagined Genia.

“But he also told me that it was his idea from the beginning, but he needed Genia to help him get it started, and how he controlled Genia by using a latent ability of his he discovered. He also explained how he slaughtered the three people who caught him and knew about his plan, two of them young children.” His face grew, if possible, even more grave.

“Who was it”, Amber asked, fearing for the person she just realized she hadn’t seen since before the attack.

“You mother was one of the people he killed, along with Yondi and Kida. They are all dead.”

Amber’s body froze, her mind locked in place. Her mother, and her brother and sister, where… Dead.

“No…”, Her father looked up at her voice, “Your LYING ” She shouted at her father, hoping this was some sick joke, tears threatening to spill down her face.

Her fathers silence and his own tears where proof enough for her. She shook her head, as if to wake from a bad dream.

No, no, no, no…

“NO”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Exit Dreamscape~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Amber woke with a yell, tears streaming down her face. She heard the door burst open but didn’t care, still in shock from her dream.

I haven’t had that dream since…

She was shaken out of her thoughts by hearing her name.

“Amber… Come on answer me damn it… AMBER”, She looked up and for a second she saw Zane, but realized where she was.

“Terry…” Her voice was barley above a whisper, but he heard her. He instantly wrapped his arms around her, holding her to him, stroking her hair, rubbing her back, whispering soothing words.

“It’s ok, I’m here… It’s going to be ok…”, He whispered softly, rubbing her back as she cried into his shoulder, wrapping her arms around his neck as if he was her lifeline, and right now, he was.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Unknown Location~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What do you want, boy, I am busy ” Said a deep voice, it’s owner shrouded in shadow.

“Please, we both know who’s really in charger so shut up and listen”, Said a young voice, glaring daggers at the man, “Now that I’ve made myself known, we must move swiftly if we are to turn young Terry, am I clear, Genia?”

The owner of the deep voice stepped out to revile a man looking to be about six foot tall, who kneeled before the young boy.

“Yes… Master Zane”

Zane looked at his second in command and smirked, before speaking:

“Good”

And with that, they both faded out of sight, as if they had never been there before.
♠ ♠ ♠
*takes a deep breath* there ya go, sixteen pages of awesome-ness, and the first real fight scene in the story :D Sorry it took so long, but i had some dificulties with getting my muse to come back and help me..... and my laptop kinda spazzed out >.< BUT!!! It finally got done :) Enjoy

R&R