Status: Complete

It Isn't Real If It's Just One Night

Chapter Thirteen

John’s Point Of View

Two days. It’s been two whole days since the last incident with Demi, and Jared finding out. Two long days where I could’ve mustered up the courage to tell Jazmyn everything. But I failed to. Jared was tolerable enough to give me at least a week to tell her myself before he did.

Today, I decided, is the day.

Jazmyn and I sat contently on one side of the front lounge, whilst Demi sat on the other end glaring daggers at Jazmyn. I shifted uncomfortably in my seat. On the other side of the room, I could feel Jared giving me a warning look. Indicating now is a perfect time to isolate Jazmyn from the rest of them and tell her.

I nodded vaguely, turning my attention to Jazmyn, who was reading Youth in Revolt.

“Jaz?” I said. She averted her eyes from the pages of the book and smiled up at me. “Let’s take a walk?”

“Uh, okay.” She folded the corner of the page she was on, closing her book and setting it aside, taking my hand in hers.

We left the bus and reached our destination of a slightly secluded area of grass. Jazmyn took a seat and patted the ground next to her. I smiled down at her, taking the seat.

“Are you okay?” She asked. “You’ve been awfully quiet.” I nodded, smiling again and kissing her forehead.

“I’m fine. Just a little tired, that’s all.” I replied, still smiling. Jazmyn smiled back, hugging me.

Minutes passed in silence until I finally found the courage I’ve been looking for these past weeks. Before the words came out of my open mouth to speak, the sound of Demi’s voice calling out my name caused me and Jazmyn’s head to snap to where she now stood only a few inches in front of us.

“John.” She exhaled. From the corner of my eye, I could see Jazmyn flinch as an irritated look came upon her face. “I hope you weren’t busy.” She shifted her gaze towards Jazmyn. “I need your help with something.”

My eyebrows raised and I got a sick feeling in my stomach telling me this wasn’t going to turn out good. Jazmyn stood up from beside me, standing right up to Demi’s face. I quickly stood up next to her.

“Alright,” Jazmyn started. “My female intuition is telling me something’s up between you two.” She pointed between Demi and me, with a look on her face that could kill. Neither Demi nor I uttered a single word. “John, tell me what’s going on.” She demanded.

I stood up, reaching for her hands to hold, but she retreated them, growing impatient for me to answer her question.

“Jazmyn, Demi and I…” Her eyes already began to water. Her female intuition must be sharp as hell. I guess being together for four years does that to a woman. “I, we kissed.” Although I felt relived for letting such a big secret out, I couldn’t help but frown.

Jazmyn looked at me with so much sadness in her eyes; it almost brought me to tears. “How long?” her lips quivered. “How long have you been cheating on me?”

“It only happened twice, I swear. And I was drunk both times, Jazmyn. Please forgive me.” I pleaded.

“Jazmyn—” Demi tried to speak.

“Shut up!” Jazmyn quickly shut her up.

“Jaz,” I used my thumb to wipe away the tears streaming down her cheek.

“Don’t, John.” She pushed me away with both her hands. Jazmyn let more tears well up in her eyes. “How could you do this to me?” She whispered.

Right then and there is when I felt my heart drop to my stomach and break into a million pieces. And all I wanted to do hold her and tell her everything is going to be alright.

“I—I don’t know. I’m so sorry, Jaz.” She shook her head, turning to leave. I grabbed a hold of her arm, stopping her.

“Let go, John.”

“Where are you going?” I desperately asked.

“As far away from you as possible; I really can’t stand to see your face right now.” She tugged out of my grip and vastly walked away, disappearing in the sea of people.

I stayed quiet. How could I have done such a stupid thing? How could I have fucked up everything I’ve ever had with a girl I love so much, who did nothing but be completely faithful and honest with me?

“Go after her.” Demi spoke. I looked at her with exasperation and annoyance. “John, I’m truly sorry. I’m sorry for ruining your relationship with Jazmyn. It’s just, I saw you with her… And I guess I was jealous. I was jealous of her; of what she had. She’s so happy with you and I guess I wanted that for myself too. I was being selfish and stupid.” She looked down at the bracelets on her wrist, distracting herself.

I should be infuriated with this girl, but I wasn’t. I don’t even care for her at all to be feeling anything. All I cared about is Jazmyn.

“She doesn’t want me to go after her.” I muttered.

“Every girl wants the guy to go after her.” Demi stated. “Your relationship is worth saving. How often are twenty year old kids together for four years?”

That may have been the smartest thing she’s ever said.
♠ ♠ ♠
Jazmyn Ashley (third set)