Wanna Tell You How I Feel Inside

Siete.

“Sage! Time to get up!” I groaned, rolling over to bury my face into my pillow. “Come on Sage. You can’t stay in bed all day.”

“I don’t feel so well. I should stay home today,” I whined pathetically. An arm slid around my abdomen as I turned over to look up at Mrs. Baker. She let out a light smile and rolled her eyes.

“Hun, if you’re going to fake sick try harder. Zacky and Mattie has ruined your chance at that. Now get ready. It’s your first day of school.” She commanded, reminding me what day it was. I groaned again before she left, shutting my door behind herself.

“I hate you Zacky!“

“Told you she wouldn’t believe the sick act.” Sighing, I decided I should get up. I sat up and pushed the comforter off my body. I shivered and quickly pulled on a hoodie. This helped my legs none what so ever since they were only covered by short shorts, but I knew I’ll live. I walked as fast as I could to the bathroom where Zacky was also headed. I slammed the door in his face and giggled.

“You suck!” I simply turned the lock in reply. I took my bathroom break followed by washing my hands, face, and brushing my teeth. Finally happy with my personal hygiene, I left the tiled room. Zacky glared at me playfully before walking into the bathroom. I skipped back into my room and shut my door.

“What to wear, what to wear.” I turned on my stereo on top of my dresser and left my Metallica CD to blare out. I mouthed along to the lyrics as I danced around, picking out my clothes. I pulled on dark purple skinny jeans, a black baby tee with Metallica is silver letters, my black converse, and my black wrist warmers. I slipped on my necklace with a black vintage key and a purple choker. What can I say? I love black, purple, and skinny jeans. I looked in the mirror at my hair and huffed. Fuck that.

“Are you almost ready?” Zacky called through the door.

“Yeah! Two minutes,” I promised. I brushed my hair out before slipping on my black beanie over the back half of my head. I sure as hell hope I’m allowed to wear it all day. I picked up my neon green backpack that held on a binder with some paper, my CD player, my notebook, and a few pens. I slung one strap over my shoulder before heading out my door. At the bottom of the stairs I saw Zacky waiting for me, his back to me. I smirked, quietly walking down the steps. When I was two steps from the bottom I jumped on him.

“Holy shit!” Zacky stumbled but held us both up. Peeking over his shoulder, he rolled his eyes. “What are you doing?”

“Making you give me a piggyback ride, what else does it look like?”

“Psh. You’re crazy.”

“Giddy up horsy!” He scoffed and gently placed me on my feet. “So are we riding the bus, walking, or other?”

“Other,” Zacky said simply, walking out the front door. We called goodbye to Mrs. Baker before I shut the door.

“What is said other? Ooh! Are we riding a unicorn there?!” Zacky raised an eyebrow at my excited face.

“No…”

“Ah you fucking suck! I wanted to ride a unicorn since you won’t become a horse. Dragon?”

“No.”

“Well hell! This place sucks ass,” I whined as we headed to stand at the end of our driveway.

“Did you have unicorns and dragons where you last lived?” Zacky asked in confusion.

“By unicorns you mean bulls and dragons you mean heroin then yes,” I replied. Zacky’s eyes grew wide.

“You did heroin?!”

“No, but I knew some hobos that did. Still no idea how they got it though.”

“And you had bulls walking around in Hawthorne?”

“No, but me and my friends always jumped the fence that some were held in. You should have seen us acting like matadors. We even got the fruity gold and red outfits one Halloween,” I laughed crazily. Just then a black Mustang with purple tribal appeared in front of us. The passenger window rolled down to reveal Brian in the driver’s seat.

“Like the car?” He asked while wiggling his eyebrows.

“Hell yeah! It matches my outfit.” With that I pulled open the door, climbing over the back. I made sure to shove my ass in his face before plopping down in the backseat. Zacky climbed into the front and glared at Brian who was looking at me in the rearview mirror with a smirk.

“Keep staring at my sister like that and I will do the honor of smashing your guitar into itty bitty pieces,” Zack threatened before slamming the door shut. This snapped Brian back to reality as he started down the street.

“I have no idea what you’re talking about.” I chuckled and looked out the window as Brian and Zacky started playfully arguing. Pretty soon the familiar building of a high school came into view. Brian pulled into a parking spot of the busy lot. I impatiently waited for the car to stop before just climbing over Zacky to get out. I stretched and stepped forward so Zacky could also get out.

“Impatient?” He asked as he shut the door.

“Yup. Also ADD, ADHD, and OCD. Now that we’re done with that, where do I get my schedule?”

“Let’s go,” Zacky replied, jerking his head towards the front door. I followed along, my eyes wondering the school grounds. Cliques joined together in clusters. Nerds, jocks, cheerleaders, outcasts, punks, even teachers. I shook my head and followed Brian and Zacky into the cool building.

“Hey Zack! Brian! Sage!” I turned my head to see Matt, Johnny, and Jimmy approached us. I sent a smile to them who in return smiled back. Jimmy, Zacky, and Brian talked while Matt, Johnny, and I stayed back.

“So how are you this fine morning?” Matt asked cheerfully.

“Tired as hell,” I yawned. Matt and Johnny laughed as I grinned tiredly.

“Not a morning person?” Johnny guessed.

“Damn skippy.” Another yawn escaped my throat. Soon we walked into a room that had the front of it all glass wall. Inside was a big half circle desk that had two secretaries behind it. One lady looked up from her computer and sighed.

“You boys in here again? School hasn’t even started yet.” She looked about thirty-five with already graying hair. The plaque on the higher part of the desk in front of her read ‘Mrs. Rigby”. Automatically the Beatles song “Eleanor Rigby” popped into my head which I began to hum.

“No trouble yet Mrs. Rigby. We’re actually here because my foster sister needs her schedule,” Zacky announced. I stepped out from behind Jimmy and smiled at her. I saw her frown deepen and look annoyed. Just by her eyes I could tell she was already thinking ‘Great. Another one.

“Name?” she asked with a light sigh.

“Sage Edwards,” I replied with a fake politeness. I don’t like her already, but I’m not letting that shine though just yet. She typed it in and then printed out my schedule without as much as looking at it.

“I’m sure your friends can help you find your way. Welcome to our school.” With that I was given my paper. I led the way out, really annoyed with this lady already. As soon as we went back outside the school, my paper was ripped out of my hands. I turned to protest, but saw it’d be useless. All the guys were hovering around Zacky who held my schedule.

“Holy shit! How do you have all senior classes?!” Jimmy exclaimed. All eyes turned to me.

“Did I forget to mention that I’m smart?” I asked nervously.

“There’s something written at the bottom. Dude! Your IQ is at one hundred and thirty-eight. You’re almost a genius!” Matt stated in shock.

“So….do I have any classes with you guys?” I questioned with a light smile, trying to take their minds off my smartness. I was never one to flaunt it or like to be praised for it. They looked back at the paper, each calculating in their heads.

“Math, Science, and English with me,” Matt stated with a nod.

“History with me!” Jimmy stated excitedly.

“Art and P.E. with me,” Zacky announced.

“PFD with yours truly,” Brian said. I won’t tell him he actually creeps me the fuck out. I think that would be rude.

“And we all have the same lunch,” Johnny added. I felt kinda down. I was hoping to get to know Johnny more, but since he was a junior in normal classes that won’t be too easy. Suddenly a bell went off overhead. My eye twitched and I groaned. I hated those damn things.

“What’s first?”

“Science,” Matt announced. We bid our goodbyes, Zacky hugging me before we left. Matt grabbed my hand and led me through the crowd of teenagers. Once we got to the hall our class was in, I noticed it was a lot emptier.

“So you know, kids might be a lot wearier about you coming into class since we only have three months until school’s out,” Matt warned as we walked up the stairs to the second floor. In all my school years we had never had a two story building.

“So the kids here are welcoming?” I asked sarcastically.

“Well usually unless it’s a kid that should be a freshmen that is smarter than them. Then they might be a little peeved,” Matt replied with a smile. I gave a nervous smile in return. “Don’t worry, I won’t let them give you shit.”

“Thanks,” I replied with a real smile. Matt nodded and we walked into the classroom that had about half of the seats full. There were four columns of six lab tables. The teacher sat behind a huge desk with shiny black surface in the very front. Matt led me up to the man who was turned in front of a computer in the smaller desk next to it.

“What can I help you with Mr. Sanders?” The man asked, not even noticing me.

“We have a new student Mr. Taylor.” The man’s head snapped up to look at me. I gave a small smile and he returned it with a huge grin.

“Ah, the little prodigy herself. I am very excited to meet you. My name is Mr. Taylor. I will be your chemistry teacher,” He introduced, standing and shaking my hand.

“Sage Edwards,” I replied. I don’t like this man already. Prodigy is a name I’ve been called since second grade. After a while it just wears you down.

“Well Ms. Edwards, just sit wherever you like. Class will start in a minute or two.” I nodded and followed Matt to the lab table in the back He told me that it was his assigned seat and that the kid who use to sit next to him got expelled to another school. Bottom line: I had good timing. Soon the bell rang again and students suddenly flocked in, walking casually to their seats.

“Class, we have a new student today. Everyone, this is Sage Edwards.” With that everyone turned to stare at me. Great way to start the day. Sarcasm intended.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for commenting:
If You Only Knew...
xXRipMyHeartOpenXx
foREVer RIP
ikickshins

Sorry it took me FOREVER to update. I've been sick, out of my home as much as possible, dealing with the family, in a shitty mood, and my ADD has not let me concentrate much.
Please comment!
Xoxo,
Tina