Status: In Progress

What a Gift Right?

You Belong With Me

The night seemed to go slowly after that, unsure of how nick would react if I went to talk to him about what just happened, I kept putting it off. The storm, didn’t seemed like it was getting any better, so I went to the utility cupboard, found some torches and spare batteries, left one of each outside nick’s room’s door, in case the power went out and he needed it.

Not knowing what to expect, I plugged in my phone, laptop and i-pod for charging, I was so used to technology, lord only know what I would do if the power went out here.

It was late by now; I went around the house for one last check, to check if everything was secure and locked. Making sure everything was safe, I turned off the gas connection, seeing that we wouldn’t be cooking anymore tonight and if nick wanted to eat, he would have to just turn on the thing himself.

I headed back to my room, switching off all the lights behind me. I entered my room, and switched on the light, rain is one thing that calms me, and since the thunder and lightning had reduced drastically, making sure that the windows and the balcony doors, were shut, I opened the blinds, just to watch the raindrops hitting the glass and making that wonderful pit-pattering sound, almost as if they were saying that, don’t worry, you’re not alone.

I went into the toilet, took a nice, long and hot shower and changed into a pair of tights and a warm t-shirt. I put on the lamp in my room that was just bright enough so that I could read a book without straining my eyes, but dim enough not to make me feel like it was daytime.
I picked up a new book- Double Cross By James Patterson, switched on some music at an extremely low volume and cozied myself up under the blankets.

Boys, why did they have to be so complicated?
♠ ♠ ♠
Finally, i got a new chapter out!
I started working, so updates are going to be slower than usual.

Comments?

Selena :)