Status: Completed awaiting sequel

Percy Jackson and a Forgotten Daughter

Chapter Nine

I don’t know why I woke up in the middle of the night but I did, just after Percy started the quest Apollo showed up at my cabin and wanted to teach me how to play the guitar. I was suspicious until I realised that Zeus wanted me to be watched for some reason.

So here I was in the middle of the night at the edge of the forest where the harpies would not bother me playing my guitar quietly.

That was until he walked passed.

I stayed silent as I watched a cloaked figure walk past me, whoever it was couldn’t see me, and I followed them slowly and quietly.

I even went through the camp boundaries out into the open world and froze behind a tree as the figure turned around revealing his face to me.

It was Luke

I continued following him, even when he took off with his shoes I followed him because he had given me a pair years ago, I stayed far enough behind him so that he couldn’t see me but I could see him.

That was when I noticed his destination; he was on his way to the Empire state building where the door to Olympus was situated.

When he landed on the side of the railings of the building I went down to the bottom floor and took the lift up to the top floor, when the door s opened I heard Percy who had just revealed that Luke had let the Hellhound in, he had stolen the lightning bolt and he had blamed it on Percy.

I walked out of the lift and looked my big brother in the face, his face dropped as he saw that I had heard the truth.

“Luke?” I whispered quietly.

“Lia, I…They don’t deserve power Lia, they abuse it, look what happened to you” He told me, desperate for me to understand “They haven’t even claimed you yet, it’s been twelve years”

I looked away from my brother with tears running down my face I hadn’t even noticed that Percy and Luke had taken off after each other. Anna took my hand and pulled me into a hug as I cried into her shoulder.

When Percy returned the four of us, Percy, Grover, Annabeth and myself took of up into Olympus, I ran through the town leading the three of them but I stopped dead before entering the hall until Percy took my hand pulling me with him.

“Stop” Percy shouted as we heard Zeus and Poseidon arguing “I believe this is what you are looking for”

Percy held out the master lightning bolt to the lord of the sky who slowly and carefully removed it from Percy’s grasp.

Zeus nodded at Poseidon and Percy.

“You owe him Zeus” I told the God

Zeus spun around and glared at me angrily but his gaze softened as he saw that I had been crying, “I owe him nothing he has only returned what he stole”

“Luke a son of Hermes took the bolt” Annabeth told the God

“He was angry because he says you abuse your power, he used Lia as an example with the fact that it’s been twelve years and yet she still hasn’t been claimed” Percy told the Gods

“If we knew who’s child Axelia Calla is then we would claim her however we are still curious” Athena told us.

“Great I’m the forgotten daughter” I growled sulkily

Apollo shrank to his original size and pushed me slightly as he smiled at me, I smiled back at him then looked up at Zeus who still looking at me.

“You seem troubled Axelia” he said to me

“My best friend has been a quest that he shouldn’t have had to face because the Gods were selfish and I’ve had to deal with the repeated screams from the Fields of Asphodel” I growled at him then stormed off down to the elevator, I was later joined by my three best friends.

Percy took my hand and we went into the elevator together, as we started to go down Anna and Grover started talking then Percy looked to me.

“Hades sends his apologies” Percy told me

I looked at him shocked, and then I smirked as I thought of Hades the great Lord of the Underworld giving an apology to his nephew for him to give it to me.

I pulled out the brooch from the inside of my jacket where I always kept it, and whispered for it to open.

An image of Hades appeared before me a lot bigger than last time he seemed a little depressed,

“What’s up Hades? You look a bit down”

Hades jumped slightly at my voice then smiled lightly at me.

“Persephone Axelia is using her brooch” he called to his wife, Persephone rushed into the room and smiled at me.

“Axelia Calla what was that shouting for last time?” Persephone scolded

“There was a fury attacking me I have a good reason since last time I met one I almost died” I protested “Anyway Percy gave me your apology and I thank you for that”

Hades smiled lightly at me then noticed Percy beside me who still held my hand; he then glared lightly at Percy.

“You look after her nephew or you will have hell to pay” he threatened the his voice softened “there will be a surprise awaiting you outside the camp boundaries”

I smiled at Hades I knew what he had done and I knew what the surprise was.

“Goodbye Hades, bye Persephone”

The both of them said their goodbyes and I closed the brooch which in turn closed the communication. Percy stared shocked at the brooch.

“Hades gave it to me for my birthday” I explained to them as we got into the car from the elevator.

When we arrived back at the camp I groaned slightly as Mr D and Chiron awaited our return, when I got out Mr D glared at me as did Chiron.

“All we found was your guitar” Mr D growled

“I followed Luke” I protested shifting my weight slightly as Mr D still glared at me.

“Percy!” we heard a woman shout when we turned around I saw Percy in the arms of a woman who I assumed was Percy’s mother.

I smiled at the scene and then was shocked when Mr D sighed, gave a light clip across the head then pulled me into a hug.

“Please don’t scare us like that Lia” he told me softly

I hugged him back and buried my head into his chest as the hurt and betrayal I felt for Luke poured out of me in floods of tears. Mr D picked me up carefully and took me back to my cabin where Caleb the smallest wolf cub of the litter was asleep on my bed.

“It’s okay Lia” he soothed “Shh”

I continued to cry and in the end I guess I cried myself to sleep because the next thing I remembered was waking up in my cabin with Caleb curled up by my side

When I left my cabin, Caleb decided to follow me into the camp where many of the campers backed away from the both of us, I found Percy in the Poseidon cabin packing ready for his move back home, and he had given his mother a medusa head which she had decided to use upon Gabe Percy’s horrible step-father.

As soon as Percy spotted me he smiled at me then he saw Caleb and he slowly outstretched his hand for Caleb to smell so then he turned back to me.

“You okay?” he asked me

“I will be don’t worry, just enjoy your time home, Anna’s leaving too” I told him “I’ll be okay, I always am”

Percy smiled hesitantly at me then he kissed my cheek “You be careful okay, I don’t want you hurt”

I blushed and nodded in return, “You be careful to I won’t be there to save your butt next time”

Percy chuckled and then he left me standing in the doorway of his cabin watching as many of the campers disappeared to their lives outside of the camp.

A life I would never really have.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow I am really making progress
*sighs* now i must log of and got to my Environmental Studies lesson oh well maybe tomorrow i will write more