Status: Completed

The Belleville Mystery

10- The Agreement

The scene was horrific. Mounds of black blood pooled around piles of decapitated corpses. Melody had to stifle a scream as she scanned the area.

Amelia just swept the horizon as she found several Liberians closing in on Mikey as he tried to pry Ray from a death hold. She ran with superspeed, not really paying attention, but loosing herself to her instincts. Amelia snarled as she caught the huge man by surprise.

His eyes widened as he issued a war cry and advanced on her with his horse underneath him. He had a wooden sword pointed out to where it would hit Amelia's chest.

Amelia jumped and flipped over on her back as she reached her hands down. She smiled as she felt herself grap his jaw line. She pulled on his head and held it up in victory as she landed on her feet behind the horse with a now headless rider.

She threw it to the side as the body turned to dust and crumpled to the ground. She turned her attention to the others fighting a seemingly loosing battle.

Gerard had finished Sheba with much sadness. He had already shoved her head into the fireplace when he decided to look out at the battle. His eyes widened when he seen Amelia ripping a head off of the Liberian holding onto Ray. He bolted outside to try and save her.

Amelia was ripping heads off with amazing speed and strength. She never really thought of herself as having a strong stomach, but she didn't mind the black blood spatter on her clothes nor did she mind watching the bodies twitch before exploding into dust.

She looked up just in time to see her father swoop above. Her heart began to beat fast as she seen Gerard running towards her.

Her father looked like a dark angel coming at the sign of death and destruction. He landed and looked around. His eyes glinted maliciously as his eyes rested on Gerard.

Gerard was running, but suddenly he evaporated. He turned up behind Amelia, "We must go somewhere safe."

"What about Melody?" Amelia asked as she turned around to face him.

Gerard grabbed her around the waist, "She'll be fine." He stated before they both evaporated.

Suddenly Amelia felt the ground beneath her once again, "Care to explain why you did all that?" She asked hotly.

"You're father will join us shortly. But this place is safer for all of us." Gerard explained quickly.

The forest around them was cool, and dark. A symphony of crickets, frogs and various birds echoed around them.

Suddenly another figure came into view. "That was a nice trick back there. But luckily everyone leaves a trail." Nick growled softly.

Gerard pushed Amelia back, "What are you doing here?"

Nick laughed, "Well, at first I was just going to see about my daughter here. Then Hilda came back to tell me that you guys were in the middle of a battle. Not to mention, I was watching when you took advantage of my daughter. So now you will pay!" Nick yelled as he advanced on Gerard.

Amelia got between them, "STOP!"

They both looked at her. Nick's eyes were wide as his nostrals flared. Gerard was calm and stood in his defensive stance.

"No one took advantage of me. I didn't know you were my father, so you really don't have much say in what I do. But with all due respect, Gerard is the one who found out what I was. He's the one who helped me through the change. So you should atleast give him that." Amelia spat.

Nick's eyes lowered, "I too didn't know of your existance. But I should have stuck around to make sure."

"Well it's too late now. So I think that we have a much bigger fight on our hands, why don't we deal with it together?" Amelia asked as she looked at Gerard and then back to Nick.

Gerard nodded, "We're fighting against the Liberians. They want Amelia because she's a half breed. They're against reproducing with Humans."

Nick lowered his guard, "Alright. I'll go back and get my men. Together we shall fight."

Amelia sighed inwardly with relief, "Then let's do this!"

Both men nodded in agreement. Nick was the first to evaporate. Gerard turned to Amelia, "You didn't have to do that. It was going to be an easy fight."

Amelia shook her head, "I don't want anything to happen to you." She looked up at Gerard in wonder. The scenes of him and Sheba still running through her mind.

"What?" Gerard asked as he noticed her wondering look.

"I know about you and Sheba." Amelia said as she bounced nervously from one foot to the next.

Gerard shook his head, "Sheba... She was a beautiful, smart, sweet woman. Until she got in to the Liberian clan. I always knew that she wasn't like the rest of us. She was more wild, and easy to anger. She wasn't strong enough to resist Human blood."

"But you loved her..." Amelia prodded with a soft sigh.

"That I did. I loved the woman that I thought she was, not the woman that she actually was."

Amelia nodded and looked down. But Gerard cupped his hand underneath her chin and tilted her face up towards him, "But I love you. I will always love you. I'll do whatever it takes to protect you."

Amelia searched his eyes, "I love you too."

"Now, we've got a battle to finish. What do you say?" Gerard asked as he held out a hand.

Amelia nodded as she took his hand, "Let's put an end to the Liberian clan."

Gerard smirked as they evaporated once more.
♠ ♠ ♠
Like it? Comments? Thanks for reading.