Status: Completed

The Belleville Mystery

09- Gerard's Secret

Gerard sighed heavily as he let the curtain go to fall back into place. He knew that Sheba was probably working her way inside if she wasn't already inside. He quickly walked down the stairs and found her admiring a photo of Amelia. "What are you doing here?" He demanded as he stood in front of the staircase.

Sheba held the framed picture in her hand, "Is this your new 'pet'? She's rather young isn't she?"

Gerard snatched the photo from her, "What are you doing here?"

Sheba's eye brows raised slightly, "You haven't seen me for years, and all I get is a, "What are you doing here?" You know, I missed you too." She purred as she lightly dragged her nails across his skin.

Gerard stiffened, "Why are you here?"

"I see that this still turns you on." Sheba said as she ignored his question.

"I'm only going to ask you one more time..."

Sheba looked at Gerard, "I want the girl. I want Amelia."

Gerard shook his head, "Over my dead body. You'll never get the girl."

"So be it, I really didn't want to do this." Sheba said as she extracted a wooden stake from her back.

Gerard eyed it, and shoved her to the wall. Sheba crumpled to the ground with a sickening thud as the wall fell to dust.

She got up and began charging at him.

Amelia and Melody were underneath in the basement still. Amelia could see the sawdust coming from in between the floor boards, "Do you think that he's going to be okay?"

Melody shrugged, "I don't know. But he's pretty good. Don't worry about him."

Amelia sighed as she continued listening to the fight. And before they knew it, Sheba fell through the floor. She didn't notice the girls as she jumped back on the ground floor to continue fighting with Gerard.

That's when Amelia felt like she was being sucked out of the real world again. This scene was different.

Gerard was much younger and a little thicker. He didn't have the same smouldering look like he did now, but he seemed more boyish.

And that's when Amelia saw her, she seen Sheba. She was younger and thinner, but it was her. She walked up to Gerard, "Gerard, do you think about me?"

"What do you mean, do I think about you?" Gerard asked as his young innocent eyes looked at her black eyes.

Sheba smiled softly as she leaned up to kiss him. She smiled shyly, "I love you Gerard. I will always love you."

Gerard smiled awkwardly, "I like you too Sheba. I'm glad that we're in this together." He said as he held her hands.

Sheba smiled, "Me too."


Amelia blinked and this time she was at a different scene.

Gerard sat on an old time colorful floral couch. He was flipping through a magazine when Sheba walked in the living room with a couple of suitcases.

Gerard looked up, "Where are you going?"

Sheba looked up with something like annoyance in her gaze. "I'm leaving."

Gerard stood up, "Why are you leaving? Is it because I wasn't ready for a baby? Come on, I'll give you a baby and I'll eventually be ready for it..."

Sheba put a finger to his lips, "Shh... It's not that. I just found the real meaning and purpose for Vampires."

Gerard backed away from her, "What do you mean, "the real meaning and purpose for Vampires,"? Please don't tell me that Thuyoung got to you!"

Sheba glared up at Gerard, "I knew you wouldn't understand. So I'm going with the Liberians. My father showed me the path that I should have been on a long time ago, with people like me."

"And what about me? You're just going to drop me like that?" Gerard asked hotly with tears threatening to spill from his eyes.

Sheba walked up to him with pain etched in her expression, "If you love me, then you'll come with me."

Gerard sighed, "I'm not playing games with you. I don't want to be a monster, don't you understand that? And if you leave, you'll never be welcome on this property again."

Sheba gasped as she looked up at Gerard, tears brimming over her bottom eye lids, "Well atleast I know my place. Goodbye Gerard."


Amelia was then sucked back into the real world. She looked over at Melody, "Gerard never told me he knew Sheba..."

Melody looked at her quizically, "I didn't know either."

"Come on, you two. We've got to fight. We need all hands on deck. Just try to rip the heads off, and the rest will be dealt with later. I hope you're ready for this." Anna said as she approached them from behind.

Melody and Amelia exchanged looks and stood taller.

"I'm ready whenever you are." Amelia said with a grin.

Melody shrugged, "I'm as ready as I'll ever be."

"Good, follow me outside. That's where all the action is right now." Anna said as she turned around.

Both girls then walekd behind Anna. Not knowing whether this would just be their first or last battle. But each knowing that they had to preserve their clan. No matter what the cost.
♠ ♠ ♠
Like it? Comments? Thanks for reading.