Touched by Angels, Though I Fall out of Grace

Pain

Gerard’s POV

I hurt all over there wasn’t a part of me that didn’t hurt. My heads feels like someone took to it with a hammer and my ribs, well it felt like each and every one of them were broken. I tried to sit up but couldn’t that’s when I noticed I was in my bed; how the hell did I get here? Who was strong enough to carry me?

“Lie back down” Aiden’s commanding voice came from the darkness of my doorway. I looked up at her darkness surrounding her but her pale, flawless skin was so illuminating she literally lit up the room. As she walked towards me I remembered the events prior to my blackout. She and Gabriel had burst through my front door; she somehow carried Mikey all the way up the stairs and then came back down in little than five seconds. She then went on to restrain my father from hitting Gabriel without breaking a sweat, she had threatened him to stay away, she had scared him so much that he left. Then… then she simply asked how I was and then… things got blurry I could’ve sworn she disappeared at lightning speed at the sight of… there was something on the ground that scared her.

“How are you feeling?” she asked standing above me the moonlight from my open windows making her skin glow even more. Why were my curtains open?

“I would be lying if I said I was fine, I fucking hurt all over like I was beaten or something” I said without thinking, she looked at me as if I was joking then I clicked

“That’s because I was and I’m an idiot” I said embarrassed at my stupidity. Right that was really impressive, I’m sure she thinks I’m a genius now.

“Yes you can be sometimes” she replied without any emotion on her face. She was weird like that; she hardly ever showed any emotion it was really hard to know what she was feeling or thinking. I just lay there trying not to think about how much pain I was in.

“Do you need anything?” she said with a sigh, she hadn’t moved an inch. All I could think of was painkillers.

“Painkillers, lots and lots of them” I replied not looking at her it’s not like I’d see anything different, I would just be reminded of how much I liked her and how absolutely different and incompatible we were.

“Hey” I heard Mikey a few minutes after Aiden had left, he looked like crap and he had a black eye, stupid, horrible, despicable father.

“Hey Mikey, how you?” I asked turning my head towards him; I was glad that didn’t hurt.

“Better now these helped though,” he said holding up a glass of water with painkillers in one hand and in the other a plate with pizza.

“You’re a life saver,” I told him as he came over and helped me swallow the painkillers, I could eat the pizza on my own.

“Actually our heroes would be Gabriel and Aiden” he contradicted me, he was right them and their super speed and strength. I wonder if I imagined it or was it actually real? Mikey wouldn’t know he was passed out.

“True, hey do you know how I got here?” I asked him; maybe all three of them carried me up here.

“Don’t know, maybe Gabriel did he said he carried me up to my bed” Mikey explained, I thought about it and then I remembered Aiden took him upstairs

“I saw Aiden carry you up here” I said confused, why would Gabriel say he carried Mikey up here, it is more likely to believe that Gabriel carried him up to his room than Aiden.

“He said he did” Mikey said shrugging his shoulders

“But seriously neither of them could carry us up here” I laughed and then gasped as my whole chest hurt.

“Well I tried to argue but he stayed with what he said, he even offered to do it again” Mikey said and then stared off into space dreamily. I knew that look, it wasn’t the look he first had for Gabriel, it was stronger, deeper he really, really like him.

“My little brother’s in love” I chimed coming to my conclusion

“Shut up Gerard, I am not,” he said throwing a pillow at me, it hurt more than it should have.

“You are so, I can tell” I whispered grinning, he was blushing

“Am not, now drop it” he told me as I heard a door slam violently I looked at Mikey a little frightened; maybe it was Aiden or Gabriel.

I was wrong they were now standing in my room a few seconds later and then closed the door.

“Your parents are home,” Gabriel told us standing next to Mikey they looked so cute. I shouldn’t be thinking about that when my violent, alcoholic father and my workaholic mother were back.

“Both of them?” Mikey asked a little puzzled

“Yes and I don’t think either of them are happy” Gabriel explained, I think anyone could have figured that out. Their shouting was so loud that we could all hear it.

“We need to talk to those boys about their attitude and those friends of theirs” I heard my father yell at my mother. Our attitudes? Oh yeah right, so when we stand up for ourselves we have bad attitudes, and if we have friends that save us they’re bad, just typical.

“What would you know? You’re hardly here, how would you know what their attitudes are like? You’re only angry now because they finally stood up for themselves and their friends? Well they were only helping and they’re just normal kids, they aren’t extra-terrestrial like you think” my mother replied in a very harsh and loud voice. Yeah what would he know? Actually what would our mother know either?

“Yeah and like you’re here to know either, you’re always working” my father yelled violently, he didn’t sound drunk but that didn’t mean he couldn’t be violent.

“I have to work, they understand that they also understand that I’m here for them if they need it” she nearly screamed in reply to his accusations.

“Sure, and what about their friends? Have you ever meet them?” he shouted not so loudly but he also sounded like he had a little joy in his voice.

“No I haven’t but I’m sure they’re good kids too, those boys are good kids and I know they wouldn’t make friends with troublesome kids, just look at Frank” she shouted but we could only just hear her.

“I wouldn’t be so sure, that girl that was here, she had the strength and the speed of… of the flash and the hulk put together.” He shouted, so I didn’t imagine it but then again he was drunk. I watched Aiden’s face for a sign of anything but there was nothing, like normal.

“You were drunk and anyway that’s impossible,” is what I think she said, her voice was becoming quieter

“No I saw it that’s why Mikey’s in his bed, I bet you if we go upstairs we’ll find him there” at this all head turned towards Mikey.

“You’re not going anywhere” Gabriel said protectively, there was strength in his voice that made me feel safe. I heard their footsteps climbing the stairs; Gabriel, Aiden and Mikey came and sat on the bed with me.

“See he’s not here” I heard my mother say, she sounded worn-out and tired

“Then where is he and where’s Gerard?” my father shouted and then he walked towards my door, it was locked. He knocked fiercely no one moved

“Open up boy or I’ll swear you will wish you were never born” he shouted, Aiden stood up and then practically ran to the door. She slid the lock off and opened the door with so much force I thought it would break. My father’s face when he saw her was priceless; he looked like he was about to wet himself.

“Who are you and what are you doing in my son’s room?” my mother asked protectively and then walked out of the shadows. Aiden took a step to the side so my mother could see Mikey and I but her eyes didn’t move off of Aiden. I could tell she was mesmerised by her beauty like everyone else well she was extraordinarily beautiful.

“I’m sorry Mrs but your husband here has acted violently towards both your sons and we didn’t want to leave them alone in case your husband repeated himself” she explained politely and formally, my mother’s face lit up even more as she looked at Gabriel sitting next to Mikey on the edge of my bed.

“That was very kind of you, I’m sorry what were your names?” she asked smiling sweetly, it was like she had forgotten what was happening. My father was just leaning against the hallway wall behind my mother looking scared shitless.

“I am Aiden and this is my brother Gabriel. We also live next door.” Aiden pointed out my window to their dark house. My mother looked so happy and then she looked down at her watch

“It’s very late don’t you think you should be going home? I’m sure your parents are wondering where you are.” She said then my heart sunk, I didn’t want them to leave they made me feel safe.

“No Mrs Way our parents know exactly what's going on and my brother and I would like to stay just to make sure” Aiden said as she shot my father a look that scared him back into the shadows.

“No that’s fine, there’s a spare room downstairs if you want,” she said still smiling, I think the only reason she agreed is because of the effect Aiden and Gabriel had on her.

“Mr and Mrs Way I think you should go to bed” Aiden said and then at that they turned around and went to bed, it was like she commanded them to. The rest of the night was quiet, Aiden slept in my room on a make shift bed she had made up from the couch cushions downstairs. I offered her the other side of my bed but she declined politely, it was a long shot I know. Gabriel slept in Mikey’s room I don’t know if it was in his bed or on the floor like Aiden. The rest of the night was quiet and for once I slept peacefully because I knew someone was there to protect me, even if it was a girl.
♠ ♠ ♠
Happy 2008 everyone
Now this chapter i want three more comments because i do and i also want to thank Seph's Master for the continual comments which brighten my day, thank you :D
Now comment and the next update will be sooner than this one