Touched by Angels, Though I Fall out of Grace

Hello Angel

Mikey’s POV

We walked over to our new next-door neighbours I was so excited. I’ve always seen people go over to their next-door neighbours with like cookies or something it always looked so fun. I stood at their door and waited for Gerard to catch up, I don’t really think he wanted to meet them, although he felt fine about watching them from his window. When he finally caught up I knocked on the door, it opened instantly and there stood the most amazingly beautiful person I had ever seen. His skin was so pale and flawless it looked like it’d crumble if I touched it. His features were so perfect; his eyes were a vibrant green I felt like I could drown in their depths. His hair was a golden brown colour and not much longer than mine which didn’t quiet touch the tops of my ears, he was perfect.

“Hello” he greeted us in the most astounding voice,

“Hi” Gerard replied as he nudged me from behind

“Oh um… hi” I managed out he was leaving me speechless

“Sorry about him he’s been acting weird all day, um… we just wanted to welcome you to the neighbourhood and my brother wanted to give you these” Gerard said without effort and nudged the cookies in my hand forward

“Thanks” the boy smiled and took the cookies off me

“It’s fine, no hassle” I said trying to sound confident but I think my voice was coming out all broken and such

“Thank you for these, now I should really get back to unpacking, need the house to be ready for tomorrow with school and everything” he replied giving us a glimpse into the house which already looked like they had been living there for a while.

“We’ll let you finish then, might see you around school” Gerard said and then started pulling me away I waved and then turned around. He was so beautiful I didn’t want to stop looking at him; I wanted to stare at him all day and nothing else.

“What was that all about?” Gerard asked me as we walked back to our house

“Are they all that beautiful?” I asked him still stuck in my thoughts

“Yeap every single one of them, they all look like they were dropped from heaven” he said dreamily, I think Gerard had a stronger hold of his emotions than I did because he didn’t become speechless like me

“You got to teach me how to be confident like that,” I told him I didn’t always want to become speechless around them. Gerard looked at me like I was crazy and then started laughing

“You think I’m confident?” he asked unbelieving

“Yeah, well you could speak back then and I couldn’t. You were so… you.” I tried to explain though I didn’t make much sense

“Mikey you have to stop caring what other people think, it’s not confidence it’s just ignoring” he replied, I thought about that. It’s the same thing to me, but I still have to learn to do that.

That night all I could think about was the boy from next-door, how beautiful he was, the sound of his voice, his smile. I couldn’t wait for school the next day, just the thought of having him in one of my classes was excruciating to think about. I was up and ready half an hour before we had to go, I woke Gerard up though he didn’t like that so much, he normally only woke up 10 minutes before we had to leave. Gerard was really care free and had an ‘I don’t give a fuck attitude’; I wish I was like him sometimes. Gerard stood outside drinking his coffee and having a smoke while I paced the hallway and ran up and down the stairs a few more times than needed. We left 5 minutes earlier than normal and were at school on time which was unusual, we normally got there just when the bell rang and I would have to run to class before the teacher, I was just glad my teachers were always late in the mornings.

Frank was so surprised when I caught up with him this morning, I told him about my new neighbours and how beautiful they were, he didn’t believe me. Half way through first period they came in, him and his sister, the teacher looked over their schedules

“Class we have two new students, this is Aiden and Gabriel” she motioned to the two siblings. The girl was just as beautiful as he was, she had the same perfect flawless skin but her eyes where violet, I had heard people could have violet eyes but I had never met anyone with them, they were beautiful just like her. Her hair was really dark and cut really short like a boys, she had on dark makeup she reminded me a lot of Gerard. She had the same dark look and dressed a lot like him, showing no skin and wearing many layers, though she pulled the look off a lot better than he did.

“Wow you were right they are really beautiful” Frank whispered to me, the teacher eyed Frank evilly; she hated both Frank and I.

“There are two free desks over there behind Frank and Michael” the teacher pointed to us, I hated how she called me by my real name, I preferred Mikey she knew that. Aiden and Gabriel walked past us, Aiden smiled at me I loved his smile.
When the class finished the teacher called the four of us up to her desk

“Frank Aiden here has the same class as you this period, I was wondering if you could take her with you please and show her the class?” the teacher asked, it though Aiden was the boy who I had met the day before but I was wrong, Gabriel was the boy and Aiden the girl.

“And Michael Gabriel has the same class as you, so please do the same” she told me as she ushered us out of her class, I smiled at Gabriel and remembered what Gerard said It’s not confidence it’s just ignoring.