Touched by Angels, Though I Fall out of Grace

Siblings

Gerard’s POV

I was standing waiting by my car having a smoke when Mikey finally arrived, Frank was with him of course and so was our neighbour, I think Mikey had told me his name was Gabriel.

“Hey” I greeted them and threw down my smoke, Mikey didn’t like me smoking so I made it a rule to not smoke around him, and also the fact that he had asthma

“Hello Gerard” Gabriel replied first, his voice was so sweet, like an angels

“Hi there Gabriel, so how’s your first week of school been?” I asked smiling at him, he was a sweet kid being friends with Mikey. He could be friends with anyone in this school with looks like that but yet he chooses Mikey something I will never get.

“Pretty good, Mikey’s been a real help and Frank too. Oh Gerard this is my sister Aiden” he introduced me to his sister who had been standing behind him looking really bored and kind of like she wanted to kill someone, she made me smile.

“Hi Aiden” I greeted her as she walked next to her brother so we could see each other better. The first time I had seen her I thought she was the oldest but now by the way she was acting and the way Gabriel was acting I think she was actually the youngest.

“Hello Gerard” she said, her voice was just as sweet as Gabriel’s but there was something different about it, it was more… old? No that doesn’t sound right, more… knowledgeable? No still not right, more… protective like she knew something I didn’t, yeah that’s about the best I can do. It was like she was warning me of something, I don’t know if it was me or her or something around us, but it was just a little frightening and also by the way she looked at me. Her eyes narrowed it was like she was examining and analysing every particle of my being, it didn’t help that her eyes were so dark and violet which gave them a dangerous look to them, I take back my earlier statement she is much older than she looks, much older than Gabriel.

“So who’s older?” I asked them as I leaned against my car

“He is by a year and some” she replied regrettably, looking away from me and out over the field. Aiden rolled her eyes and let out a sigh, I looked over in the direction she was. Walking towards us was another angel; they were taking over the school. She had long straight blonde hair not a strand of it was out of place, she was just as beautiful as Gabriel and Aiden but it seemed she embraced it more than them, much more than Aiden at any point. She was taller than the other two I think she was about 5’11 or around that, if Barbie were a person she’d be it.

“Hi there” she greeted us flipping her hair over her shoulder with her free hand in the other one was a soccer ball.

“Gwendolyn” Aiden greeted her angrily, her eyes held even more of a warning for her sister than they did for me

“Hi” I greeted her, being in the company of all three of them at once was becoming a little too much. I looked over at Frank and Mikey they both looked stunned, their eyes were glazed over and they kept looking between the three siblings, I took a deep breath.

“Well it was nice to meet you two and it was nice to see you again Gabriel but we have to be going home” I motioned to the two speechless statues standing next to Gabriel, Gabriel laughed when he turned to look at them

“That’s fine, we have to be getting home too, so I guess well be seeing you in the driveway” Gabriel smiled as he stepped away from us, his sisters were already heading to their car, which I must say was a pretty nice ride especially compared to mine.

“Most probably” I smiled at him, I normally don’t smile so much but around those three it’s like the plague.

I finally got Mikey and Frank in the car after slapping them, though I did have fun while doing it. When we did get to our house I wasn’t expecting to see their car in the drive since we had left before them but there it was and they were already inside, it was amazing but what did I expect from them. I went straight up to my room after I got home, Mikey and Frank went off to Mikey’s room like normal. When I got up to my room I tried so hard not to peek out my window but I couldn’t help it. When I did I saw Gwendolyn playing soccer in the back yard, she was really good and didn’t miss a shot she didn’t even look like she was trying either. The way she moved was so graceful and effortless it looked like she was floating, she turned around and looked directly at my window after I had been watching her for a few minutes, it was like she knew I was there like she could sense I was watching her. All she did was smile and flick her hair back, I think she might have been showing off but once she looked at me I shut the curtains immediately, I wasn’t really subtle.

The next day at school I was noticing Gwendolyn a lot more around school, it seemed she was around the corner from all of my classes. After ever class she was there and every time she would say ‘hi’ to me, she was taunting me with her beautifully fragile face and that perfect body which was dressed in a little amount of clothing. She looked even more beautiful when she was outside and the sun shone off her immaculate pale skin, she was the epitome of beautiful, although her brother and younger sister were too. I wonder what their parents look like I’ve never really seen them around, Gabriel, Aiden and Gwendolyn seem to be absolutely dependent upon themselves, like Mikey and I am.