Status: starting up again. updates may be slow.

I Know You Are, But What Am I?

Old Friends & New Lusts

I wanna taste those lips, why don't you shake those hips?
I wanna taste those lips, why don't you shake those hips?

Come girl, pull your chair up next to mine
I'm not gonna believe you
And make sure you don't forget that smile
Why don't you come and find me?
So come tell me, what's your story?
You better stay away from him
I've got time to kill, so entertain me

You look so fucking good to me
You look good enough to eat
You look so fucking good to me

Your eyes make me feel weak
I close the door
Without you here
I left you begging for more
Your eyes make me feel weak
I close the door
Without you here
I left you begging for more


Friday, April 9th 2010

“Damn. This bus is amazing,” Kassi mumbled as she stared at the monster in front of us in awe. “Since when do American’s have double decker buses?”
“I don’t know. But I ain’t complaining. You know I think I saw this in a video on YouTube the other day. It was some interview with that Welsh band.”
“You mean Lostprophets?”
“No, that other one. The one with the blondie tap-able singer.”
“Oh, you mean The Blackout? Huh, I think I saw that video too, come to think of it.”
As Kassi finished the sentence, a cab pulled in behind the bus and young guy got out of the back, quickly paying the driver after the trunk was empty and his belongings were piled on the pavement.
He was taller and skinner than both Kassi and I and had long, brown hair that hung to his shoulders. He removed his Raybans and walked over to where Kassi and I were standing with a smile on his face.
“Hey, I’m Josh,” he said as he looked Kassi up and down appreciatively.
“I’m Kassi,” she smiled. “And this is AJ, the writer. I’m her PA.”
“So, you are the boss lady, here to control us. I‘m the co-photographer,” he glanced towards me properly for the first time since he had arrived.
“If I can,” I joked. “And she isn’t my PA, she is my slave, I swear it.”
“HEY!” Kassi glared at me for embarrassing her in front of the hot new guy.
“Whatever, you know it is true.”
“Man, you two act just like sisters,” Josh mumbled.
“Shaddup!” Kassi and I both shouted at the same time before bursting into giggles.
Being so caught up in our laughter, we failed to notice yet another cab pulling up to the curb. This time, however, two people stumbled out of the car.
One, a male, was short and chubby, wearing glasses and clothed completely in black. The other, a female, was wearing high heels, canary yellow tights, and an electric blue, thigh length dress that clung to every curve of her body.
“Joshy!” the girl shouted as she ran over to Josh and threw her arms around his neck.
“Hey, Jess, how’ve you been? You are wearing last night’s clothes, aren’t you?”
“Well, yes, but I’m not drunk,” she shot worried glances towards Kassi and I.
“Hi, I’m AJ, I’m the writer. And this is my PA, Kassi,” I introduced myself as the guy walked over.
“I’m Simon, nice to meet you,” he smiled shyly.
“And, I, of course, am the wonderful Jess,” Jess giggled as she grabbed a couple of the bags that the cabby had put on the sidewalk near Josh’s bags.
We all boarded the bus, and once we our belongings were in place, and all of us were seated comfortably, Josh informed the driver we were ready to leave

__________

“Kassi, I don’t think it is really necessary for me to get all dressed up. I mean, its not that big of a deal is it?” I grumbled as she tugged my hair into a plait.
“Of course it is,” Jess gasped from the other side of the table we were all seated at. “It is your first chance to meet all the bands. First impressions are key. You want to look hot for all of those boys.”
“I have already met like some of them anyway,” I continued my relentless complaining.
“Really? Like who?” Josh asked as he grabbed a beer from the fridge.
“Well, for the short time I worked in Australia, I got to know a few bands. Some of them, I am still friends with today.”
“I’m finished! What do you think, Jess? She looks damn fine, right?” Kassi said, practically bouncing in her seat.
“Finally, we can leave!” Jess shouted as she jumped out from the table and grabbed Kassi’s hand.
“You better follow them. You know they will get pissed if you don’t,” Josh giggled as he sat down at the table.
“Yeah, I know. You’re coming to the party later, right?” I asked as I stood up from the table, straightening up my pleated skirt and pulling my Drop Dead shirt down slightly.
“Yeah, maybe.”
“Alright, well, bye,” I shouted as I ran to the door where Kassi and Jess were waiting impatiently for me.
I saw the tent as soon as I stepped off of the bus. It stood out from the darkness, being the only lights, other than the buses.
As I stepped into the tent, my eyes were stung by the bright fluorescent lights the buzzed overhead. My eyes were beginning to adjust to the brightness when a body came hurtling into my own.
“I am so sorry, see my friend just pushed me, and we didn’t realise…” I recognised not only the accent, but also the voice. “AJ?”
“Luke!” I shouted as I threw my arms around the neck of my favourite guitarist from Parkway Drive.
“What are you doing here?” he asked, astounded. I didn’t blame him. The last time we had seen each other was in Sydney in August of 2009 on their The DVD Tour.
“I got a job at AP magazine and they are making me do Warped,” I explained.
“Wow, that is so great, I’m happy for you,” he said as he pulled me in for another hug. As he pulled away, something over my shoulder caught his eye and he looked back at me smiling.
I turned around to see what he had been looking at and was soon running across the room.
“Christofskiiii!” I shouted as I leapt into the open arms of the singer of Closure In Moscow, Chris De Cinque, one of my best friends.
“Annie-Boo!” he shouted as he wrapped his arms around me. “Why are you in LA? I thought you were moving to Ohio?”
“I’m doing Warped.”
“Oh, I am so happy for you!”
Chris and I had met when we were six years old. He had been my best friend since we were eight. During those two years, we had hated each other, but when our mothers became friends, we had to spend more time together. When we were fifteen, we had tried dating, but we soon realised that it was way too awkward to kiss someone who was more like a sibling to you. We had remained friends, but when Closure In Moscow had finally started making it big in Australia, the band toured and we had grown apart quite a lot.
“Yo, Chris, where have you been, man?” an American voice shouted from behind me.
I turned to see none other than Jonny Craig.
“Oh, hey Jonny. This is one of my best friends in the entire world, AJ. AJ, this is… Nevermind,” he laughed as he remembered my obsession with Jonny Craig.
“Hi, its nice to meet you. I’m a huge fan of pretty much all of your work,” I admitted while trying to hide the blush that was creeping onto my features.
“Yeah, she even likes that rap thing you do with Mike,” Chris laughed, embarrassing me further.
“Really? Stay right here, I will be right back,” Jonny shouted as he ran off into the crowd.
“Okay, now I’m worried.”
“Relax, it’s a party, you are meant to be having fun.”
“Shut up, I know that. Its just, what was all that about?” I asked as I pointed in the direction that Jonny had run off in.
“Oh, you are going to love what Jonny brought back,” Chris managed between giggles.
“AJ, I would like you to meet Mike, he is the drummer from Pierce The Veil,” Jonny said as he emerged from the crowd.
I stared at him with my mouth hanging agape. Not only was he the drummer of my favourite band, not only was he my favourite member of said band, not only was he fucking hot, he was also standing right in front of me. Shirtless. His tattoos all over his torso were shining slightly with a light sheen of sweat and he was wearing a baseball cap with the letters ‘SD’ written on the front.
He smirked when he saw me checking him out and I quickly closed my mouth and stood up straighter, sticking my hand out in front of me for him to shake.
“Hi, Mike. Pierce The Veil are my favourite band. It’s really great to meet you,” I said as he took my hand in his own.
“Hmm, likewise, AJ.”
The way he said my name had me weak at the knees.
Fuck, he totally knows he has the control here. I thought as I pulled my hand away hastily.
“Excuse me boys, but I just spotted some people I would like to catch up with,” I said while looking at Chris and Jonny. “See you later.” I said while looking up at Mike through my eyelashes.
I walked towards the makeshift bar, being sure to swing my hips slightly. I approached two of the guys out of Enter Shikari and quickly struck up a conversation while grabbing a beer.
“Of course I remember you, love,” Rob, the drummer, laughed as he slung an arm around my shoulders.
“Good, it would have been really embarrassing if you hadn’t!”
I spotted Kassi standing on the edge of the party, looking into the crowd worriedly. I politely excused myself, promising Chris and Rob that I would see them later and made my way over to where Kassi stood.
“Oh my God, AJ! I was so worried!” Kassi shouted as she wrapped her arms around me. “I mean, first, that weird guy almost knocked you over, then you run off and attack some other guy. And then, of all people to see you with, I see you chatting up Jonny fucking Craig!”
Over the few days Kassi and I had spent in LA together, we had discovered that we shared many things, including obsessions with Jonny Craig and Pierce The Veil.
“I just bumped into a few old friends,” I laughed.
“Oh my God,” she repeated. “Don’t look now, but Mike Fuentes is staring at you.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so I wrote this chapter last night, then I clicked save, and Mibba had logged me out, so it had all disappeared. I have learnt my lesson.
Anyway, I know this is super boring so far, but it will get better. The drama will start soon, hopefully. I say hopefully because I actually had a chapter plan for this story, but it is going in a completely different direction to what I had originally planned. But I’m pretty sure I like this.
OMG! I have a subscriber. Sorry, I think a little bit of wee just came out. LOL.
Anyway, that video is real, and if you want an idea of what the bus in my head looks like, go YouTube it. It is an interview with Sean Smith from The Blackout on the Kerrang! Tour.
Oh, and I changed the name of this story for a couple of reasons. If you didn’t know, it is a song by The Blackout, and the vibe of the song fits this story pretty good. And there are other reasons that you will probably figure out later on. ;)