Moonlight and Red Wine

The Move

"You know," Xander started as he sat across from me at the table, "People are going to think you're a vampire with you wearing that hoodie and sunglasses like that."
"I've only fed them," I mumbled as I sat up looking around this small diner.
"Where exactly is your lover boy Deegan?" Xander smirked as I took a sip off the luke warm coffee.
"He had to get the rest of our stuff, remember," I nodded at him, "Besides pick up his car."
"You know, it's kinda rude for him to just leave us-"
"Xander," I groaned as he stopped.
"Just shut up. Angel's never hurt you and he hasn't hurt me."
"Yet," He pointed out.
"I swear," I mumbled as the girl brought the check, "I don't like being here as much you but we both know it's where we've got to be."
"Yeah," He sighed while looking at his watch, "We better be going."
"Of course," I pulled out some money, "And stop being so down, you know I love you."
"You're just saying that," He shook his head as I smirked.
"No, but still. The Slayer and her Watcher, kinda an odd combination, don't you think?"
"No more than Slayer and Vampire," He stood up as I rolled my eyes.
"And lose my best friend," I smirked as I followed him towards the door, "Then what I'd be lost."
"Ok, ok," He laughed as he opened the door for me, "I get it."
"Good," I sighed as the sun hit me in which I felt it sear into my brain, "Ow."
"And you wonder why I think you're a vampire," Xander smirked at me as I smacked him, "Hey."
"Come on, we need to start unpacking," I smirked as I walked to my car to see some kids admiring both of them.

"Hey, don't drool on the cars," I nodded as I walked up to the group of high school looking kids who were staring at my '83 Silver Corvette which was an automatic with black interior then my '83 blood red Camaro which I was driving at the moment while Xander drove the other.

"Sweet rides," One of the kids smiled as I nodded and went to open the door.
"Thanks, just don't touch," I got in the car to the engine.
"You're new here aren't you?" The kid nodded as I slowly shifted the gear.
"What's it to you?"
"Welcome to Forks," He smiled as I turned on the radio then moved to get out of the parking lot.

I followed the instructions that Angel gave both Xander and I to our new house on the outside of town as a million different trees passed by us.

It was beautiful, no LA but still, it was calming. Almost too calming for my liking. As the road we were on came to the driveway entrance, it was guarded by a fence which was opened as I pulled in followed by Xander to find this beautiful three story house sitting in front of us. I parked my car as I got out to stare in awe at it.

"Oh my god," I stared at it in disbelief, "This is the house Angel got for us."
"I take back what I said earlier," Xander stood next to me as I rolled my eyes.
"Come on, let's unpack," I nudged him as we went to get all the things out of the car.

It took a good couple hours to take everything out of my cars and put into their respective rooms, rooms in which Angel had already gotten furniture for us. We had like 5 bedrooms, a study, a basement, and a few other rooms in which I explored before finally getting to the master bedroom in which I was sharing with Angel.

There was a note on the queen sized bed lined with red and black sheets and pillows.

Hey Deegs,
I hope you and Xander enjoy the house. I'll see you later tonight. Don't forget I've got someone you need to meet before you go out on patrol.
Love you,
Angel


I smiled as I sat down his note then started to unpack the suitcase. The sun was starting to set along the city line now as I took one last look around the house before changing into some active wear pants and tennis shoes.

I walked down the stairs to find Xander already setting up all his Watcher stuff in the study.

"Looks like your all settled in," I smirked at him as I went to find my bag for tonight.

"You too," He nodded.
"Eh, it's ok," I shrugged as I tossed a few stakes into the bag.
"Hey, what's the point in the stakes if they don't kill a vampire?"
"Paralyzes them," I shrugged as I watched him boot his computer, "Makes it easier in case they're on the run."
"Which with you is what-"
"Funny," I ruffled his hair as I went back to finding my knives and daggers, "You can only kill one with fire or cutting their heads off and when you're outnumbered, they come in handy."
"Or silver," Xander added.
"That too," I smiled as I watched him log onto the interweb, "What are you doing?"
"Video chat with Giles," He sighed, "He wants to go over more Watcher stuff with me."
"Don't you know enough?" I lightlyl chuckled, "Saved my ass so many times."
"Yeah but he says there's still a lot for me to know," He sighed as he turned to look at me.
"Just means I'll be in super good hands," I smiled at him as I heard the front door open, "Angel?"
"Yeah," He nodded at me as the video screen popped up and I seen Giles.
"Hey Giles," I smiled at him as Angel walked into the study.
"Hello Deegan."

"Hey," Angel nodded at me, "Ready to go?"
"Yeah," I nodded at him as I looked back at Giles, "Giles, don't bore Xander to death. I need him, you know."
"Is she still that snarky?" Giles asked Xander as he snorted.
"Afraid so," He laughed as I rolled my eyes ast him.
"We'll be back, Xander."

I followed Angel out to his car in which I got in the car as he was silent for a bit when he finally spoke.

"I got you a job at the local high school coaching dance," He mentioned as I looked at him.
"What?"
"I know it's not a studio or anything yet but I'll look for one for you."
"You don't have to," I looked at him as he sighed.
"I took you away from it all and threw you into the middle of nowhere."
"It's a sweet house," I smiled at him hoping he'd feel better, "I don't mind."
"Are you sure?"
"Angel, I love you," I touched his arm lightly, "Trust me, I'm ok with here as long as you're with me."
"Thanks," He smiled as I moved to kiss his cheek.
"So where are we going?"

"There's this family, vampires," He nodded, "We can trust them."
"When you say "we" you mean me as the Slayer can trust them?"
"Yeah," He nodded.
"Sometimes, I don't know about you Angel," I shook my head as he drove down the street as the last sliver of sun could be seen as I closed my eyes.
"What are you doing?"
"Making a wish. If you get it out before the sun fades away, it'll come true."
"You're amazing," Angel chuckled lightly as I opened my eyes when I seen Angel pull up into another drive way.

"Wow," I stepped out of the car to look at the house, "Are vampires like millionaires or something?"
"Come on," Angel took my hand, "We're only meeting a few members of the family."

I followed him to the house as he knocked at the door as a woman answered with a warm smile then let us in. I took in my surroundings, watching everything, as I followed them to a study or something in which we stopped as I stood in front of two male vampires. One older looking than the other.

"Deegan, this is Carlisle Cullen, his son Edward, and Esme," Angel pointed out as I nodded.
"Not biological son, though," I mumbled to myself as I studied the one named Carlisle, I knew him from somewhere.

"Angel told you a lot about us," Carlisle spoke softly, that voice.
"Did he?" I looked at Angel as he tensed a bit.
"You're the Slayer," He nodded, "He told us about your story. You can trust us."
"Hopefully," I nodded but I couldn't help but to feel safe with Carlisle around for some reason.
"Is something wrong?" Carlisle asked as I shook my head.
"No. I just need to get to patrol."
"Of course," He nodded with a smile as he looked at Angel.
"We've got some things to discuss," Angel looked at me as I nodded.
"Edward, why don't you go with Deegan," Carlisle nodded as I looked at him.
"Oh, I don't need anyone to come with me," I protested as Angel elbowed me slightly.
"He'll show you around town," Carlisle smiled as I nodded.
"I'll meet you back at the house," Angel whispered as I smiled.
"Of course."
"Be careful," He mentioned.
"You know me."
"I know," He sighed, "And be nice to him."
"We'll see," I smirked as I kissed Angel goodbye before heading towards the door.