Status: Hiatus! But comment anyway (:

Postcards from Seoul

The Third Postcard

Oh if looks could kill I’d be dead ten times over and rolling in a pool of my own blood.

Beside me stands the sunlight in human form, Kevin smiling down on me. In front of me sits Eli giving me death glare after death glare – and I wonder what I ever did to him (besides swinging a door open on his face – but that happened to all of them and he’s the only one being a bitch about it)
“No, It’s fine” I turn to Kevin and give him my best thumbs-up smile “It’ll be just like summer camp”

I swear I hear a scoff from the bed, but I choose to think of it as a ... friendly gesture. That’s it.

“So, How come you don’t speak Korean and yet you’re here?” a voice pops out from the middle of no-where and as I turn around to look who it is, there’s Alexander holding a mug with what I suspect is hot chocolate. I practically jump the man and grab the mug only to stare at it in awe. Hot chocolate! I haven’t had that for years!

“My parents sent me here so that I’d grow up” I admit and take a sip of off my mug “Learn more about I life I guess” I shrug and with that he lets it go. Kevin casually flings an arm across my shoulders which causes me to almost spill out the content of my (now) precious mug. I’ve been here for thirty minutes and I’m already getting uh... close with the guys. Well, some of them. My eyes wander to Eli and I make a face before I meet Kevins questioning eyes “Which school are you attending here?”

I blank

“Uh...” I panic for a moment before I remember “Hanlim..?” my answer sounds more like a question, but it looks like several light bulbs are being lit in the room.

“That’s Donghos School!” Alexander exclaims happily, grabs my arm and skips towards the living room while yelling something which yet again makes me feel stupid. I make a mental note to read that book I bought when I go to bed – the chances to get any sleep seems slim with the current... err, bed arrangements.

I get dragged to the sofa where they’re all (minus mr. Moody) is now sitting and they’re watching a music show. Alexander is talking to Dongho about (what I think) is my... our school.
My thoughts gets confirmed when Alexander turns to me and grins

“What’s your major?”
“Acting.”
“When’s your first day?”
“I haven’t registered yet but they said that after I do that then... a week from then?”

Like a little kid, Alexander jumps up and down in glee and claps his hands

“Then we have a week to teach you Korean!”

Somehow, I have a feeling this isn’t anything to be excited about but they are all too kind (minus one) so I add another note to my mental note collection; Enjoy yourself.

Dongho gives me thumbs-up and even the two that haven’t talked much, Kibum and Kiseop smiles at me. This of course causes butterflies to go crazy in my stomach. 7 (6) good looking guys thinking you’re pretty cool? That’s –any- girls dream.

The hours pass quickly and I feel like I’ve gotten to know a little more about the guys. Soohyun, the radio guy, is really passionate about singing. He even sang for me (in English!) and his voice is truly amazing. They also told me that they’re actually pretty famous kids (or well, seeing as the majority is older than me they’re not “kids”) and that they’re in an idol group called U-KISS. Alexander (who now has told me to call him Xander or Alex – Alexander is too formal he says) leant me his iPod so that I could listen to some of their songs – and I’ve got to say, they aren’t that bad.

We say our goodnights and Kevin tells me where I can find towels and other things I need. He even explain how to use the toilet (in Korea there’s fancy electric ones!) and it’s really hilarious. He told me a few embarrassing stories about his first encounters with them and it made me feel better about the whole “foreigner” thing.

As I walk into my bedroom I see that Eli’s at his desk. Going over the few words I learned in tonights Korean lesson I can’t remember the word for “I’m Sorry” but before I’m able to collect myself he simply shrugs and says – in almost perfect English;

“I’m almost done now anyway”

Oh.

I quickly gather the things I need and escape to the bathroom. While I brush my teeth and wash my face I even write another postcard to send back home. When I get back to the room, the lights are off and he’s in bed already. My heart is running a marathon when I slide into bed, pulling my covers as far up as possible and lying as close to the edge I possibly can. As I turn to find a better sleeping position, I realize that Elis covers aren’t... covering much. He’s... shirtless. Gawking at the way the dim light plays across his skin I suddenly realize I’m staring - flushed, I turn my back to him and quickly close my eyes.

This will be a long night.