Status: Active :)

When It Rains

Girlfriend?

Sydney sat in her last class before lunch, the one she had with Edward, and talked to him the entire time.

“So, you know our secret?” He asked quietly.

She nodded. “Yes, but I promise it’s safe with me.” She assured.

He smiled. “I have no doubt about that.”

When the bell rang, Emmett was waiting for Sydney to walk with her to lunch. They walked side by side, until Sydney grabbed his cold hand with her warm one. He looked down at her, shocked. She smiled up at him and they continued to walk to lunch.

Bella Swan was sitting with her new friends at lunch when Jessica made a disgusted noise. “Here come the Cullens.” She sneered.

“Who?” Bella asked, confused. Jessica pointed them all out.

“Oh, and the pretty redhead is Sydney Jones. She’s Hunter’s sister.” Angela said.

Bella watched as Sydney talk to the Cullens for a couple seconds, and then stand up, walking towards them.

“Hey.” She said to Bella.

Bella smiled. “Hi.” She said quietly.

Sydney sat down in between Mel and Hunter. Mel smiled, and nudged her.

“Okay, you so have to spill about you and Emmett, Syd.” She said.

Sydney chuckled. “There’s nothing to spill, Mel.” She said.

She saw Emmett look over at her, and she winked. He smiled back and then his nose scrunched, along with everyone else at the Cullen table. She saw them glance at Bella for a couple seconds then look at each other.

“Syd….Sydney….are you okay?” Mel asked, waving her hand in front of Sydney’s face.

“What?” Sydney asked, snapping her gaze to her.

“You were kinda of spacing there, honey.” She laughed.

Sydney laughed along with her. “Whoops. I better watch that.” She giggled.

Mel gasped loudly, making Sydney look at her in alarm. “Syd, hey, hey, hey, hey!” She said loudly.

“Mel, what, what, what, what?” Sydney asked in the same way.

“We should go shopping in Seattle!” She yelled loudly, making everyone in the cafeteria look at them. “Look away, there’s nothing to see here!” She shouted, waving her hands in an over-dramatic way.

Sydney sighed, and banged her head against the table a few times lightly. “You’re so hopeless.” She groaned.

Mel glared slightly. “Yeah, love you, too, Syd. Love you, too.” She said.

Sydney grinned up at her. “I love you.” She said, and hugged her.

Mel laughed.

“Oh, and sure, I would love to go shopping in Seattle. When do you want to?” She asked, biting into her apple.

Mel thought about it for a second. “Tonight?” She asked.

“Sure, just let me clear it with Zac.” Sydney said.

“Already on it.” Mel said texting away on her phone. “Riss is checking with Zac as we speak.” She said. A couple seconds later, Mel’s phone vibrated, and she looked at her phone. “You’re good.” She said.

“You wanna take your car this time?” Sydney asked.

Mel nodded. “Sure.”

Sydney dug through her purse, and threw her keys to Hunter. “Do you think you can make it home on your own?” She asked in a baby voice.

He glared. “Don’t make me hit you.”

She rolled her eyes. “You do anyway. Remember that giant stick you threw at my head in La Push?” She asked.

He laughed. “Good times, good times.”

When school was over, Emmett walked Sydney to Mel’s car.

“Sydney, can I ask you something?” He asked.

She stopped and looked back at him. “Sure, what is it?”

“When Melissa asked you about….us, do you want to be able to tell her something?” He asked.

She raised an eyebrow. “I figured you wouldn’t want anything out in the open.” She said.

He smirked, and cupped her cheek with his hand. “I wouldn’t mind having us out in the open.” He said.

Sydney smiled. “What are you trying to say, Mr. Cullen?” She asked jokingly.

“Sydney Jones, would you be my girlfriend?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope everyone likes it. Message, comment. Thanks.