Status: Comments = Fast Updates :)

Perfect Chemistry?

Chapter 17

“Do you want to come over to my place tonight? We can have the place to ourselves to just have some quality time,” Andy said as we say under the bleachers for lunch.

This had become our usual spot to stay away from all the punks. It’s been a month or so since the whole incident, and I have been able to avoid most of them. Matt and the rest of the guys made it very clear that if anything happened again, there would be hell to pay.

“Sure, that sounds really good. It’ll be nice to get away from my brother for the night.”

“Is he getting to you or something?” He asked, laughing lightly.

“I love my brother, but sometimes he and the guys just get on my nerves.”

“That’s understandable; he is your brother after all.” I laughed, nodding my head. I knew he didn’t mean anything harmful by the remark.

“Is Jimmy still going Nazi on you with the drums?”

“Not as much as before. He knows that I love to drum for fun and not because I’m made to. But he loves having someone to teach new and different things to. That’s his favorite part about it.”

“He seemed so excited to get started with helping you. It’s really fun to watch.
Especially when you throw a drum stick at his head.”

“I think everyone loves that part.”

“Are they going to keep using Zack’s parent’s house for practice?”

“For now, but they were just talking about finding a place to rent for the six of us.”

“Oh joy,” he laughed at my expression.

“It wouldn’t be any different than it is now. They’re all practically over every night. Well, Jimmy’s just living with us now, and I’d rather have that than have him sleeping at the Laundromat.” He gave me a confused look. “Don’t ask.”

He shrugged and went off onto another subject. It was nice how easily we could jump from subject to subject and never run out of things to say.

After school, Andy waited for me outside my last class like usual, and we walked to his car together. “Do you want to call Matt and let him know you’re coming over?”

“Yeah, I probably should. I’ll do it when I get to your house.” He nodded and we took off from the hell hole for the weekend.

When we came to a stop in a spiral drive way, I felt my jaw drop. “Is this seriously where you live?” I asked him, looking up at the million dollar home.

He grinned sheepishly, almost like he expected my reaction. “Yeah…”

“Holy shit,” I muttered, looking everything over.

Inside the house was even more breathtaking. I wouldn’t believe he lived here and hadn’t ever mentioned it! This place was awesome!

“Damn this place is huge,” I said, still in awe.

He laughed, taking my hand and leading me off somewhere. “Are you hungry or anything?” He asked as we entered the kitchen.

“I’m fine, thanks. I should probably call Matt, though.”

“You can use the house phone. I’m going to go grab something from my room real quick,” he said, before disappearing.

I took the house phone off the hook and dialed Matt’s number. After a few rings, he picked up. “Hello?”

“Hey, Matt, it’s Ros.”

“Hey, where are you? You’re usually home by now,” he said, sounding confused.

“Sorry, I came over to Andy’s.” It was quiet for a little bit, and I prepared myself for his reaction.

“And what do you two plan on doing? Are his parent’s home?”

“We just wanted to spend a bit of time together without being interrupted every ten minutes by someone. And don’t worry, he doesn’t have any plans to jump and impregnate me.”

“Not funny, Ros,” he muttered, and I could just see the look on his face.

“Oh, come on, Matt. We’ll be fine together, you even said yourself that you like him.”

He sighed. “I may have said I like him but not that I trust him.”

“Oh so mature, Matthew,” I said, rolling my eyes.

“Can you blame me? What do you think the guys would say?”

“I don’t care what any of you have to say. I’m a big girl; I can make my own decisions. And it’s not like we’re going to be making moonshine or some shit. God, give me a break, Matt.”

He groaned and I knew my ranting got to him. “Fine, fine, I’m sorry. How long do you plan on staying?”

“I don’t know; however long Andy wants me to. If I’m not home tonight, then you know where I’m at.”

“You know I’m still not happy about this, right?”

“Good-bye, Matthew. I love you, too.” I hung up the phone, laying my head between my hands.

“It went that well, huh?” Andy asked, walking in a minute later and seeing my position.
“Oh, yeah; It went great,” I said sarcastically.

He chuckled softly, and walked over to kiss the side of my head. “What did he say?”

“Just that he wasn’t too happy with my decision of being here, with you, alone…”

“What does he think I’m going to do? Randomly jump you and tear your clothes off?”

I laughed, nodding my head. “Exactly what I asked him. I think that’s exactly what he thinks. You know my brother, crazy imagination that runs wild.”

He nodded. “You can say that again.”

“It was pretty funny to hear him freak out, though,” I laughed, shaking my head.

That man worries me sometimes…
♠ ♠ ♠
Getting better at updating... I think?