Status: On hiatus.

What If?

This Is The First I've Seen Your Face

"Where you car?" He asked after they had walked past his friends. It was obvious to Sara that he had left them with a wink. His car was completely visible from the table that his friends occupied so in order to make them believe he scored, she had to climb into his black sports car.

"I don't have one here. I was at a bachelorette party." She stated as he pulled onto the road. "But you can just pull over up here I'll have a friend come get me or something." She spat out not wanting to be too much of a hassle.

"No, I drop you off. It too late for beautiful woman to stand alone on side of street." He explained as he continued to drive."Where you live?" He asked.

"Uhm.. I think back the... wait maybe were going the right way. To be honest I'm quite lost." She said in frustration. "I don't know my way around town, now if it was light out I bet I could point you in the right direction." Sara paused. "You can just let me out I'll find another ride, it's really not a problem."

"Not safe. You just stay at my place & I take you home in morning." He said giving her an option. "or we drive around & get lost, you choose."

"For someone I just met you care an awful lot." She said surrendering to him & his cute accent.

"I'm nice guy & my house is right around corner, short drive." He said with a smile as he pulled into the driveway of a brick house. The house had two huge trees in the yard that gave the front porch shade in the summer.

"I have one question before I spend the night at your house." She stated as she got out of the car with a smile on her face.

"What this?" He wondered while pressing the button on the key ring to lock the doors to his tiny car.

"Whats your name?" She asked.

"I sorry." He said walking over to her. "I'm Evgeni, but you call me Geno." He explained as he reached his hand out to shake hers.

"It's okay, must have slipped your mind. I'm Sara by the way." She replied as she followed him into his house.

"So who getting married?" He asked making conversation as he threw his car keys into a glass dish that sat on the counter near the door.

"My sister. I flew out from Texas." Sara said as she slid her heels off at the door.

"You grow up in Tex..." He started to ask but was cut off by the ringing of his cell phone. Geno was quiet for a moment as he stared down at his blackberry. Without looking up he made a motion with his right hand telling Sara to follow him. "You sleep in this?" He questioned as he threw a Jersey on the bed.

"Yeah, that's great thanks." Sara said picking it up & examining it a bit.

"You change then make self at home." He said in a soft whisper as he walked out of his bedroom shutting the door behind him.

Before Sara put the Jersey on she looked it over, noticing the Penguins emblem on the front. She knew of the team cause of her father but she never really watched them just like her mother. Tracing the letters on the back she read the name quietly to herself M-A-L-K-I-N sounding it out almost perfectly.Then she slowly traced the numbers 7 & 1 as she admired the stitch work. She might not be a hockey fan but she was smart enough to know that the Jersey was authentic. She slipped her tiny dress off & replaced it with the large jersey immediately feeling comfortable. Sara hadn't realized but shortly after sitting down on his big bed she had dozed off & the last thing she heard was someone mumble something in Russian as she felt a blanket envelope her tiny frame.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry for the lack of updates, I've been so busy trying to work on my One Shots for contests. Speaking of Contests you should joing my hockey player song fic one :)

Comments are greatly appricated.