‹ Prequel: Broken Hearted
Status: FINISHED :'(

This Loneliness Is Killing Me

Chapter Five

“Shaun! I leave tomorrow, where in the fuck did you hide my skateboard?” I shouted from upstairs as I searched around our room frantically searching for my board that I needed for my photo shoot.

“What would I possibly want with your board?” He shouted back as I heard him climb up the stairs.

“I don’t know; that’s why I’m asking you where you put it.” I replied as I got on the floor to check under the bed.

“Because that makes sense.” He replied unimpressed as he walked into our bedroom.

“It does, because you’d be the last one I’d expect to take my board, now where’d you put it?” I asked.

“I didn’t take it, I have my own board, and I think the last board you’d see me ride with would be one with a huge marijuana leaf on it.” He replied flatly.

“It doesn’t have a huge pot leaf on it.” I stated as I got up off the ground.

“Sorry, it says 420 where the 0 is a pot leaf, definitely a board I’d want to steal.” He replied sarcastically.

“Shut up.” I mumbled before walking over to the closet to check there once again.

“Did you check outside or the garage, I mean, since when do you keep your skateboards in our room?” He replied as he leaned against the doorframe.

“So you do know where it is?”

“No, it’s just a possibility. I mean, I don’t keep my board here, so why would you? Didn’t you say, like, the first day I moved in that all boards remain outside or in the garage?” He laughed.

“What’s your point, White? It’s my house.”

“Our house.” He smirked in response.

I rolled my eyes as I walked up to him, “It was mine first.” I smiled as I walked past him to go search for my board outside.

“If I were Shaun, where would I hide my board?” I asked to myself.

“I didn’t steal it!” He exclaimed as he followed me outside.

“So sure.” I laughed as I started searching around for my board. “Could you at least help then?” I asked Shaun, noticing he was just watching me.

“I guess I could.” He replied as he walked past me to go check on the halfpipe and vert ramp for my board.

“You best help me.” I mumbled to myself as I checked the pool and the bowl for my board, coming up empty handed, which was making me frustrated.

“Guess what Alison?” Shaun sang from the top of the halfpipe.

“What?” I sang back.

“I think I might’ve found your board!” He replied, stretching out the word board.

“You mean my board you hid?” I laughed as I climbed out of the pool and started walking towards the halfpipe.

“Fine, you caught me, I hid your board.” He laughed sarcastically.

“Knew it.” I smiled as I climbed up to the top of the pipe and grabbed my board out of his hand and sliding it down the halfpipe.

“What do you say?” He asked as he set his hands on my hips.

“Why’d you steal my board?” I laughed making him roll his eyes.

“No.”

“Yes, you stole my board, so what do you say?”

“I love you.” He smiled.

“That’s not the answer I was looking for, White.”

“Stop calling me by my last name.” He whined.

“Why should I, you stole my board.”

“First off, I didn’t steal your board, and second off, it’s like you’re making fun of my last name.” He stated.

“What’s your point, White?” I asked, using his last name on purpose to piss him off.

“I love you.”

“Yes, we’ve established that. I love you too, but that doesn’t quite answer my question.” I replied, a bit thrown off by his response.

“Well, what if I don’t want you making fun of your future last name?”

I raised an eyebrow and stared at him, “That’s in the future though, so I’ve still got time to make fun of you.” I joked before I kissed him lightly.

“What if I told you that, hopefully, the future is closer than you think?” He whispered.

My heart began to pound harshly and the only thing I could hear was my heart beat. I didn’t know how to react so all I did was stay quiet and looked at him blankly; a million different things were running through my head at this moment.

“Excuse me?” I asked quietly, trying not to sound as nervous as he might be.

I mean, don’t get me wrong, I’m more than excited to hear what he has to ask, I as extremely excited about the thought of possibly marrying him, but I was really nervous as well and I really hope this didn’t play off as me being really scared and making him even more nervous than he already was.

“Alison?” He asked shakily as he dropped his hands from my hips and held my hands in his.

“Shaun?” I asked jokingly, trying to lighten the mood and make him less nervous.

He smiled softly and took a deep breath before continuing, “Will you marry me?” He asked shakily yet looking me straight in the eyes confidently.

As soon as those words came out of his mouth my heart beat instantly slowed down before beating rapidly once again, but this time out of excitement instead of nervousness.

I wrapped my arms around him, hugging him tightly before kissing him; I was ecstatic. I mean, we’ve talked about this hundreds of times but I’ve only ever imagined it. I never even really thought it would ever happen.

“Is that a yes?” He asked, laughing slightly.

I nodded my head as I continued to hug him, “Yes Shaun, it is.” I laughed, feeling him hug me tightly as he stopped shaking and his heart beat slowed down.

“Alright, cool, sick.” He said to calm down.

“I love you Shaun, I really hope you know that.” I smiled, “Especially when you get all nervous like this.”

“I know; I love you too.” He smiled kissing me softly. “Oh, I should probably give you a ring or something, huh?” Shaun laughed.

“You don’t have to.” I stated, completely seriously.

“Well, I did anyway.” He smiled triumphantly as he dug around his pocket and took out a simple silver banded ring with a single diamond; it was stunning.

“This isn’t just some scheme to get laid tonight is it?” I joked as he slipped the ring on my finger.

“Oh, you caught me! You know me too well, Alison.” He laughed, “I wanted to make sure I’d get laid tonight before we don’t get to see each other for another two weeks.” He laughed.

“Well your tactic worked, White.” I joked.

“Watch out dude, you’re going to be Mrs. White really soon.” He taunted.

I made a disgusted face, “I don’t like the whole ‘Mrs.’ part, I feel like it makes me sound like some housewife or something.” I stated, causing him to laugh.

“I agree, the ‘Mrs.’ thing definitely doesn’t suit you, it’s almost cougar like too.” He laughed, moving his hands back onto my waist.

“Alison White sounds fine though.” I replied.

Shaun nodded his head, “I think so too.” He smiled.
♠ ♠ ♠
YAY!! He proposed :D How lovely !! I know you were probably expecting it to be more flashy or something but after much thought about how he''d do it, this seemed more likely. He doesn't seem like he'd go all romantic like and the whole romantic proposal doesn't sound like how Alison would like to be proposed to.

THANKS FOR ALL THE COMMENTS THIS TIME BTW!!! Keep it up, I really enjoy all the comments, and as a result you get daily updates :D Keep it up for more updates haha :)

So that's all :) OH, and if you didn't know there's this Facebook app called Shaun White Will Eat You... it made me laugh XD

Also, someone made a rap about Shaun... you should check it out, here's the link

Anyway, COMMENT&&SUBSCRIBE PLEASE!!!!! :D