Sequel: For You, I Will
Status: Updates Every Weekend (if not sooner)

Undisclosed Desires

Chapter 11: Oh No He Didn't!

**So, I dunno if any of you read my HP Story [Essential Hope], but I just switched over the narrative from second person, like this story, to first person. I’ve gotten all positive feedback on that, so I’m gonna try switching this one over too. If you like it, let me know! If not, tell me. I’ll be going with majority. If no one tells me anything, I’ll just stick like this.**

*My POV*

You’re so stupid! Jacob barked again, turning around to pace back to where Paul was standing.

Paul, his ears flat to his head and his teeth bared, only snarled.

You could’ve killed Alex! Quil exclaimed, shaking his wolfy head.

You really messed up man, Jared sighed, settling down on the ground next to Paul.

Alright, anyone else gonna point out all the obvious shit I’m already aware of? Paul snapped, getting to his feet.

Look man, you overreacted. Jared said calmly. Alex didn’t do anything wrong-

She was with Seth!

Correction… Seth plus me plus Quil, Embry put in.

Paul growled.

It’s not like we went and had an orgy behind your back, Quil said, letting Paul watch the images in his head. Paul watched moodily as he saw Alex sitting miserably on the porch steps; then laughing through the movie with the others; then as she and Seth laughed together about something as they paid the bill.

Paul shook his head to clear the thoughts away.

Look, you weren’t there, and she was having a bad day, Embry explained, shifting his attention from the Cullen house to look over at Quil, who nodded.

Yeah, where were you anyways? Quil asked carefully, narrowing his eyes slightly.

You weren’t home when I went to check on you after Alex left with them, Jared added, looking up at Paul.

Paul shifted uneasily under their stares.

Paul, Jacob asked in a low voice. Where were you today?

Paul immediately locked his thoughts away, but not before Jared could get a peek; Jared already knew what to look for.

Bleached-blonde hair flashed through everyone’s mind as Jared recalled what he had seen. Jared jumped to his feet and shoved his face into Paul’s.

Oh, no, no, no… he growled so viciously it made Paul take a shocked step back. Is that Kara? Were you with Kara? Paul, God damnit! That is Kara, isn’t it???

No! Paul snarled; he took his mind off guarding his thoughts, and they all fell out for everyone to see.

Paul, walking down the beach, a gorgeous blonde girl beside him. His hand was tucked into the back pocket of her jeans.

Paul, eating lunch at the local diner. The blonde girl cuddled up next to him, kissing his neck.

Paul, naked underneath the also-naked blonde girl. Kissing. Touching. Grabbing. Fucking.

Paul, kissing her goodbye as she drove off. He was smiling the whole way over to the Cullens’.

YOU MOTHER FUCKING ASS HOLE! HOW FUCKING LOW CAN YOU GET?!?!?! Jared howled, throwing himself at Paul. At first, the others didn’t get why Jared was so upset; he wasn’t particularly close to Alex. Jared’s mind was reeling with images of Kim, with images of how much he loved his imprint. He could never see how Paul could be able to hurt Alex like that.

Paul fought back as viciously as he could. He sunk his teeth into Jared’s shoulder and flung him off, sending Jared skidding across the dirt. As Paul surged after Jared, Jacob threw himself in the way, baring his teeth at Paul. Images of Renesmee encircled everyone’s head. He understood Jared’s anger now, too. Even Quil was snarling at Paul now as he thought of Claire.

So now I’m automatically the bad guy?? Paul cried, backing away from the pack of angry wolves.

You cheated on your imprint! You’re such a disgusting little hypocrite! Jared snarled, getting to his feet and shaking himself off. You were so worried about Alex cheating on you, or hurting you somehow, that you came here and made a big deal about her having a good time with her friends when you were out fucking that slut Kara!

Kara isn’t a slut! Paul defended automatically.

Oh, don’t even-

ENOUGH! Jacob snarled, and silence rang out around them. Paul… He began, but ended up just shaking his head.

Can you blame me? I didn’t see her, and I have my needs too-

That’s the thing, Paul. You could’ve seen her! I would have let you go see her if you asked. You never even thought about her. She spent the last week waiting around for you, being miserable. And this… This is how you decide to treat her??

Paul was silent.

It was two weeks, Paul! Two fucking weeks you were with her, and you break her heart.

Her heart isn’t broken, he said angrily, looking around. I haven’t told her, and I don’t plan on it.

Oh, so you expect us to keep this a secret? Jared fumed, baring his teeth.

No, Jacob said, and Paul winced. I expect you to keep this a secret. No one else knows, and if Paul chooses to treat his imprint like this, so be it.

But Seth will find out-

Is Seth still not back?

Everyone automatically listened for Seth’s familiar voice; they had been so wrapped up with the current events, he could have slipped into his wolf form completely unnoticed. It was silent.

He’s probably still with Carlisle getting his collar bone straightened out. Jared said bitterly, throwing a glance at Paul. Paul ignored him.

Good, Jacob said calmly. We don’t tell him what Paul did.

But- Quil began.

If we tell him, he’ll tell Alex. And that’s not our place, it’s Paul’s.

It’ll slip, though! Can’t we just tell him, and then you command him never to talk about it? Embry asked desperately.

I would never do that to him, Jacob said quietly. It would kill him to hold that from her. He cares for her too much.

Paul turned from the others, and made his way towards his house.

He had heard enough.

*~*~*~*Alex’s POV*~*~*~*

“Are you sure you’re okay?” I asked again, looking anxiously up at Seth. He gave me his lopsided grin and gave my shoulders another squeeze. We were currently lounging on the Cullen’s couch; he was sitting upright, to allow his ribs to set right, and I was stretched out, tucked under his arm, resting my head on the good side of his chest.

“’Course I’m sure!”

“But, I mean, you’re collar bone, and your shoulder, and your ribs…” I trailed off, feeling guiltier with every body part I pointed out. He just laughed.

“I’m a wolf, I heal like, right away,” his eyes trailed from the TV down to my right arm, which was currently bandaged from my wrist to my elbow. Seth let his fingers trail down the bandage and he said softly,

“I’m sorry… I should’ve been faster-“

“Don’t even, Seth,” I groaned, smacking his leg. “You saved my life. I can put up with a few scratches.”

Seth just chuckled.

“You don’t have very good luck with werewolves, do you?”

I remembered the injury to my leg and my side. They were better now; Emily had taken out the stitches just a few days ago.

“No, not really,” I agreed, smiling weakly. Seth squeezed my shoulder again, and turned back to the TV.

I let my mind wander over what happened earlier as I leaned into Seth some more.

Paul’s body exploded into his wolf form seconds after what Seth had said. I was standing too close, and one of Paul’s paws flew out and sliced down my arm. Before Paul could hurt me any further, a burst of sandy-brown fur shot into him.
Seth had phased just in time, throwing himself into Paul to keep me safe. I heard the sickening crack of bones, and the heart-wrenching howl come from Seth as Paul lunged at him again and again. At one point, Paul lunged towards Seth, and Seth ducked out of the way. Paul’s body came careening towards me, and before I knew it, I was in ice-cold arms fifty feet away.

I craned my body around and locked eyes on Paul. He met my gaze, and I shouted angrily,

“We’re over Paul! It’s all over!”

Edward held me gently as he carried me into the Cullen house; his face was a sheet of concentration and determination. For a moment, I was afraid smelling my blood would prove too much for him; but he made it up to Carlisle’s study without eating me. I’m pretty grateful for that.

He sat me down on an exam table, and then rushed away from my side, pressing himself against the wall opposite me. Jasper, Alice, Emmett, Rosalie and Esme were nowhere to be seen. I didn’t blame at all.

But to my sheer surprise, Bella’s slender form walked into the room, holding Renesmee in her arms. Edward stiffened, and rushed to her side as Bella practically forced herself to stand beside me. Renesmee wiggled around to stare down at me, looking concerned and a little upset. I reached my hand to her and let her palm rest in mine.
It’s okay, I told her, smiling.I’m gonna be alright. It’s just a little scratch.

She frowned down at me.
Your Paul did this?

I sighed and nodded.
Why?It was an accident, I told her quickly. She nodded, her eyebrows still drawn together.

“Bella, love, you don’t need to do this, Alex-“

“I don’t care,” Bella hissed at Edward, stepping towards me. He looked desperately from me to her, and said,

“I know you think you can control yourself, but what if… something happens?”

“I would
never hurt Lexi. She’s my best friend. I couldn’t, Edward.”

Edward sighed, but allowed her to stay next to me as Carlisle examined my arm.

“A few severed nerves, and only one artery cut. I consider that lucky,” he told me as he began to stitch me up.

Edward looked up from my arm suddenly, and stood so swiftly I didn’t even see him move.

Bella and I stared at him expectantly, waiting for an answer.

“They need help with Seth,” he said quickly, giving Bella a swift kiss on the cheek and Renesmee a gentle kiss on the forehead. “Apparently, it’s taking everyone to hold Paul off of Seth except for Embry. I’ll bring him up for you, Carlisle.”

“Yes, thank you Edward,” Carlisle murmured, intent on my arm.

A few minutes later, Embry came backing into the study, supporting the top half of Seth. Emmett and Jasper were on either side of Seth’s limp body, and Edward was supporting his legs tenderly. They laid him down on the extra exam table just as Carlisle finished stitching my arm up.

“I can wrap it for you,” Bella offered, setting Renesmee down on the table beside me. She curled up between my arm and my side. Carlisle nodded as he hurried over to examine the unconscious body of Seth.

“Thanks, Bells,” I said quietly, staring anxiously over to Seth. She smiled and patted my shoulder.

“Let’s wait for him downstairs,” she suggested, helping me up. I held onto Renesmee. It was my first time actually holding her, and I didn’t want to let her go.

Bella led me downstairs and we sat on the couch; the TV flicked on, and I curled up beside Bella, with Renesmee between us. Alice, Rose and Esme joined us on the couch as well, and we got absorbed in the movie; that is, until the bone-shaking pounding sounded on the door. Renesmee and I both jumped from shock, while the others leapt up, rage on their faces. I could hear Paul shouting at me, asking me to come outside and talk with him. Moments later, I heard Jared shouting angrily at Paul, and when Rosalie opened the door, Jared came in and then turned around, crossing his arms and glaring outside.
Paul tried to shove past Jared, but Jared kept him out as he shut the door.

Seth came down a few hours later, supported by Edward. He looked to be better, but I didn’t believe he healed fast until I watched the wounds on his arms and chest literally vanish before my eyes. He lifted his good arm and motioned for me to snuggle up beside him; Bella, Renesmee, Alice, Rose, and Esme disappeared from the room, leaving Seth and I to watch TV while Jared kept watch on the door.


I hadn’t realized I had dozed off until I was woken suddenly by the familiar pounding on the door.

“JARED! OPEN THE FUCKING DOOR RIGHT NOW! GET THE FUCK OUT OF THE WAY YOU ASSHOLE!”

Seth sighed, which sounded more like a growl, and he rubbed my arm comfortingly. I glared at the door as I wiggled out from Seth’s hold and stood up, stretching. Seth stood as well, and I said,

“Okay, well, I’m going to bed. Sound good?”

“Yeah, I’ll walk you up and-“

“SETH! GET THE FUCK AWAY FROM MY GIRLFRIEND!”

“Ex-“ Seth began, but Jared cut him off with a frustrated growl.

“You really wanna piss him off more?” Jared snarled. Seth shrugged.

“ALEX! ALEX, COME OUT HERE RIGHT FUCKING NOW! C’MON, ALEXIS! I LOVE YOU, PLEASE!”

“Get the fuck out of here, Paul!” I shouted back, turning to walk up the stairs. I had only made it up a few steps when Paul shouted, even louder than before,

”ALEX! YOU FUCKING BITCH! GET YOUR WHINING LITTLE ASS OUT HERE RIGHT FUCKING NOW AND FUCKING LISTEN TO ME! GOD DAMNIT ALEX! YOU’RE SUCH A STUPID LITTLE BITCH! YOU KNOW THAT? FUCK YOU! FUCKING WHORE!”

I felt tears spilling from my eyes as I ran upstairs, sobbing to myself. I rushed into my room and slammed the door behind me, aware of the footsteps following me.

“Alex, hey, c’mon, it’s me! Open the door please?” Seth begged from outside my door. I hastily wiped the tears from my eyes as I called out shakily,

“I-I’m getting dressed…”

“I wont look, I promise!”

I sighed; even though I wanted to be alone, I wanted Seth even more.

“Fine… Come in…”

I watched as Seth came into my room, a hand over his eyes.

“See? Not looking. Just like I promised.”

“I’m not naked Seth. You can look.”

His hand dropped down from his face and he gave me his lopsided grin. I gave him a weak smile in return.

Seth dropped down on my bed and held his arms open. I sighed and walked to him, wrapping my arms around his body. He held me close and rocked me back and forth as I cried into his chest.

“Please don’t cry, Alex. He’s an asshole. Don’t listen to him. Please Alex?”
I just cried.

“Put some pajamas on,” Seth suggested, standing up with me still in his arms.

He sat me on my feet and I shuffled over to my dresser.

“I don’t care if you look,” I mumbled as I heard Seth put his hand to his face. I pulled out a pair of oversized black pajama pants with pink and purple stars dotted on them. They hung off my waist and engulfed my legs in a sea of fabric; they were my favorite. I dropped my jeans and kicked them to the hamper.

Seth continued to chat with me, totally unphased as I yanked off my shirt and threw it after my jeans. He told me about the one time he and Embry had gotten stuck in a tree. I laughed in spite of myself as Seth talked. I pulled my pants on and then grabbed a white spaghetti strap tanktop. It was one I’d had for a while, but it fit me perfectly. It hugged my body nicely, and it was the most comfortable shirt I had to sleep in. I grabbed my hair brush off my desk and ran it through my hair a few times.

Finally, when I was done, I made my way back to Seth. I snapped off the overhead light, and the light from the moon illuminated my room in a eery white glow. Seth held his arms open again, and hugged me to him as I curled up on his lap.

“Tell me about you,” Seth asked quietly. I snuggled to his chest and began telling him about my mom. Seth shifted gently and maneuvered himself to lay down on my bed. He rolled onto his side and I curled with him, my back against his chest. He wrapped his arms around me, and nuzzled his face into my hair as I talked. Every now and then, he asked me a few questions.

After an hour or so, I began to drift to sleep. My words became jumbled, and I just stopped talking as I slipped off to sleep. Seth tightened his arms around me and murmured,

“G’night, Alex. Sleep well.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey! So let me know what you think about the POV change! If you like it, tell me. If not, tell me. I'm going with majority vote here, so let me know! If I don't get any feedback, I'm just leaving it. Kthx!