Status: Active, when I get round to it. ;)

Times Can Be so Hard

Oh, That explains things...in a strange way!

David’s P.O.V

I walked into last lesson and sat on a double desk. The other seat was empty. I was in Science Class, and Mr. Johnson started the register.
“Ashley Atkins…present
Bonnie Anderson…present
Colin Andrews…present
David Best…present
Emma Best…” Why wasn’t Emma here? What had held her back from coming to class, she was a straight A student!
“Does anyone know where Emma Best is?” …Blank faces
“David? Do you know where your sister is?”
“No, sir, the last I saw her was at lunch”
“Well, I’ll have to ring…”
“Sorry I’m late, sir!” Emma ran into the room out of breath, and it looked like she had been crying…a lot. She looked frantically around the room for a seat. She sat down by me! Again!
“Would you care to explain why you are late, Emma?”
“Oh, I just got held up at year book”
“Year book?”
“Oh, a group of us sort out the year book every lunch time getting it done for the end of the year”
“Okay, well try not to let this happen again, understood?”
“Yes, understood” she smiled and got out her stuff.
“You don’t do year book, you liar,” I whispered to Emma through the corner of my mouth.
“Okay, whatever” she hissed back, seeming embarrassed, and not wanting to explain her absence.
“Why were you late? Tell me”
“No, why should I, you’d never tell me”
“I would so tell you, Emma, seriously, I’m just being a concerned brother”
“Sure you are—I thing you’re just being nosey, and you’re going to tell all your ‘popular’ friends about it” she said, with an air quote around the word popular.
“I wouldn’t, Em, It’s between you and me”
“Well, it’s too embarrassing to say, and you can probably guess anyway”
“Please, Em, just tell me”
“Please, Dave, just let it go”
“Okay, fine, tell me when you’re ready” Emma groaned and smirked at me. I really wished we could be close friends again, I mean, we were always joking around and stuff, but I didn’t want to look un-cool by hanging around with someone unpopular, even if Emma was my sister. The wall that was building between us had been my fault, I had started to block her out of my life, and I was the one who started going off with the popular ones. Thinking about it, I felt so mean.

End of P.O.V

Back to Emma’s P.O.V

I had been crying my eyes out in the toilet, and had made the excuse that I had been held up at yearbook. It was quite a bulletproof excuse, because I did sometimes go to yearbook.
If there was one thing I couldn’t believe, it was that Will had been kissing Lucy!! I mean Lucy!! What’s so great about Lucy, that I can’t do better!? I really thought Will like ME! Not Lucy, he’d never even shown an interest in her before!
*
“ Hey Emma, you okay?” asked Will, I ignored him and shoved past him.
“Emma, let me explain”
“What?” I yelled
“Let me guess, you have an identical twin brother who was kissing my ‘friend’ Lucy, and it just so happens that I’ve never heard of him or seen him before”
“Yeah, that’s exactly what happened” he chuckled
“Are you kidding me, I’m supposed to believe that crap! What do you think I am, stupid?”
“No, I don’t think you’re stupid, wait let me go and get him”
“You are joking, right?”
“No, no, wait, he should be by his locker” this was unbelievable, Will had a twin brother that I’d never seen or heard about before, this was so far fetched.
But standing right before were two Will’s, this was too weird!
“Hi, I’m Finn, nice to meet you” Finn smiled.
“Oh, hi I’m Emma”
“Yeah, Will told me about you”
“What’s that supposed to mean?” I asked curiously
“Oh, it’s good stuff” he laughed
“Finn, Explain to her” Will badgered impatiently
“Oh, Lucy and I are dating, so that’s why you saw Will kissing her, it’s because it was me, not Will” he explained
“Well said, Finn,” sighed Will, I was really embarrassed, this meant Will knew I was upset when I thought he kissed Lucy, which meant I liked him. Now Finn knew as well, though Finn didn’t seem to be as much the bright spark as Will, he suited Lucy perfectly.
“Um, I better take off, I’m going to miss my bus” I smiled, any excuse to get me out of this mess.
“Why don’t you catch my bus?” Will asked
“Well, because it wouldn’t take me to my home” I answered, stating the rather obvious
“No, I’m asking you over my house” this was unexpected. I was stunned
“Oh, well, I need to tell David, otherwise I might get missed” I said, I brought out my mobile phone and started dialing
“Hello, why aren’t you on the bus?” said David, confused
“Um, going over a friend’s, see you later, be sure to tell Mom and Dad” I spoke quickly
“Oh, okay, see you later” I snapped the phone shut before there were any more questions asked. This was quite exciting, I mean, I really liked Will, and I was going to his house!
“So, I was thinking, why don’t we walk to my house, instead of taking the bus home” Will smiled
“Why’s that?” I asked
“Because it’s a nice evening, and there’s some really nice scenery on the way to my house”
“Okay, sure”
Will and I walked through the park that lead to his house, we didn’t hold hands, because we weren’t really together, so it was quite awkward, I sort of wished I hadn’t agreed to come with him.
“So, what music do you listen to?” Will asked, striking a conversation, and bringing me out of my peaceful trance.
“The Police, Simon and Garfunkel, Pulp, Florence + the machine, and any odd song I hear on the radio, I basically like old stuff, except Florence, because I just don’t think the song artists nowadays have got very good taste in what music they create.”
“Cool, that’s a good point” Will said
“What music do you like?” I asked
“And why?”
“I just like the odd song that I hear on the radio, could be new could be old, and I don’t conform to what people want me to like, it doesn’t work nicely for me” he winked at me
“That’s the same as me, really. I won’t let people tell me what I can and can’t like” I smiled.
“Hey, Will, I though I saw you on my bus yesterday, and you said you caught a different bus” I asked suspiciously
“Oh, it was because I was studying with Dylan, he catches the same bus as you” he explained
“I see”
We got to Will’s house and he took me to his room. It was really big, and modern, it was very well furnished, and he sat me down on one of his sofa chairs, he brought out his CD collection and handed them to me, he had quite good taste. Then he started pacing the room, It was quite unnerving, and I didn’t know why he was doing it...
♠ ♠ ♠
I wonder why Will was pacing, maybe he is nervous about asking Emma something?? :P hope you enjoyed.