One for the Razorbacks

Chapter 10

Here y'all go...Sorry, it's short. More soon, I promise!

Chapter 10:

We broke apart immediately, both staring deer-in-headlights at Joey’s dad standing in the doorway.
“Well, I see you’ve made her feel comfortable.” He said, holding back a laugh. I blushed.
“Anyways, Joe, your mom wants you.”
Joey nodded and I got off of his lap, and he went out the door, leaving me all lonesome on the couch. Billie walked over and sat beside me.
I sunk down in the couch, begging the cushions to swallow me alive. There was a small pause, and then I realized the pain in my head that was making me dizzy.
“Joey told me about the fight.” He said when he saw me running my fingers over my black eye.
“She was asking for it.” I retorted. “Bitch.” I muttered.
“What was it about?” he asked casually, both pushing.
I shook my head and looked in the other direction. “Pointless shit.”
“So you two beat the shit out of each other because of pointless shit?”
“Yep.”
“There has to be a reason.”
“There’s no reason.” I said, but the truth was that I just wanted to roll up my sleeve and show him why we got in the fight, but I just couldn’t do that. “I just… I don’t want to talk about it.”
“Okay. But do you at least have someone to call and tell them that you’re here?”
I turned my head to look at him in the eye. “Nope.”
“Alright, well, you’re welcome to stay here tonight.” He got up and walked out of the room as Joey was walking back in.
I watched him as he sat down beside me.
“Do you have my gum?” he asked.
“Yeah. It’s right here.” I reached my fingers in my mouth and held the, ahem, ABC gum, offering it back to him.
He shook his head. “Nah, it was loosing its flavor.”