Status: Slow But Sure

I'm Adopted: Vengeance Edition.

114

Matt's POV

Three months later.

"Ugh!" Jackie groaned from upstairs, today was the day, Brian and Michelle's wedding. "I can't... FUCK!!"

"Fuh!" Maddy smiled from my arms at the bottom of the stairs.

"Jackie!" I yelled at her, Maddy had been mimicking more sounds lately and that was one we didn't need surfacing.

"Sorry.. I .... I just can't... AH! Here it is just kidding let's roll!" She laughed and ran down the stairs in her probably six inch heels, her blue dress hitting right above her knees, the top came off the shoulders and was a gorgeous pale blue that looked amazing on her.

"You look amazing." I laughed as she pushed her hair back.

"I'm hoping Michelle feels the same... I mean... We'll have like two hours to fix it when we get there but.." She laughed and looked at Maddy, her dress matching Jackie's per Michelle's request. Jackie was a bridesmaid, Maddy would be sitting with Olivia and my parents considering Zack was in the grooms party too.

I was the Best Man, which was somewhat funny and upsetting at the same time. Considering Michelle's Maid Of Honor was... Well, Val. Michelle had apologized profusely about it, but Jackie understood. She got it, and was surprisingly civil about it during the rehersal dinner. I'm pretty sure while Olivia was introducing hersefl to Val, she may or may not have slipped in a few concerning, realistic threats.

"I can't be late for this or I'll have my ass chewed off whole." She mumbled as she buckled Maddy in to her seat as I started the car "You packed her bag though right? Diapers, bottle-"

"Yes, babe, everything. Now come on, we have to leave or Brian will murder both of us." I laughed as she closed Maddy's door and climbed into the passenger seat "Ok, let's go."

We sped up the highway, towards the location in Glendale, it was a church with a nice park outside so we could take pictures before and after. Jackie was excited it was a close venue so Maddy wouldn't lose her shit on the car ride in.

We arrived quickly and parked the car, rushing in side to find Zack so he and Olivia could take Maddy.

"Over here!" Zack called from inside the church "Don't you all look fancy as shit!" He smiled and took Maddy from Jackie's arms "I think Michelle is having a mental breakdown, something spilled on Val's dress, wine or some shit... I don't know, they're having a fit."

"Oh cool." Jackie rolled her eyes and pecked my cheek "See you soon babe."

"See you too." I laughed as she ran off towards the shrieks of Michelle's voice "So.." I mumbled and looked at Zack "Where's Brian?"

"Somewhere.." Zack looked around, shrugging as Maddy clawed for Olivia. He handed her over "We're going to go find the Groom... you have fun, Jim and everyone should be around soon."

"Ok." She smiled and walked with Maddy in to the church to go find the my parents and Jimmy.

There he was, sitting in side the other side of the church, head in his hands, tapping his feet "Dude." Zack poked his shoulder.

"What? What's going on? Is it time?" He snapped up, staring around "Oh, thank God.." He stood "Fuck, Val spilled fucking red wine on her dress, and now Michelle's losing it because it's in the front, and it looks horrible.."

"Dude, stop sweating it.." I put my hand on his shoulder "It'll be ok, alright? Michelle isn't screaming any more, I'm sure they figured it out."

Brian stared at me "What am I doing?" He suddenly dropped his hands to his sides and stared at me "Dude, what... What am I doing to myself? Marriage?"

"You." I shoved his arm "Are not getting cold feet man. Michelle is perfect for you, Brian. She's going to be the best wife you could ask for, she's incredible. She takes care of you, puts up with you, tells you that your solos are good." I smirked as he glared at me "You're doing the right thing, the best thing man. You're doing what you've been meant to do since highschool when you two started dating. The minute you asked Val for her sister's number," I laughed "We both knew. Man, you guys are perfect. You're the vodka to her lemonade, relax."

"Dude..." Brian stared at me with Zack "That was gross."

"Hey, want me to let you back out?" I asked as he shook his head "Exactly, now a good best man would usually have a flask on him... But... I don't drink, so.." I smirked at Zack as he prouced a flask from his pocket.

"Voila! Secondary groomsman to the rescue!" He smirked and handed the flask of Jack to Brian.

"God... thanks guys, I wouldn't be able to do this without you.." He mumbled and took a swig, hanging it back to Zack "Ok, when's show time?"

"An hour and a half." I laughed as Brian sat down with a thud "You'll survive, I think I hear Jimmy and Johnny here now... and maybe the Berry's..."

"Leave it to Brian to have like thirty-five guys in his grooms party." Zack laughed as we dragged Brian to go find the other guys.

Jackie's POV

"What is going... on.. here.." I mumbled and walked in to where Michelle and the rest of the girls were getting ready.

"THIS!" Michelle, trying to wipe her tears before they ruined her makeup, cried and pointed to Val's dress. For today, and today only, I would put aside her as a general human being and treat her as Michelle's sister.

"Oh shit.." I mumbled, there was a huge, like plate sized, red stain on the front of Val's dress.

"It's not like I poured the wine on myself, Mich! I'm sorry!" Val pleaded "Someone's kid ran over and bumped in to me!"

"At least it wasn't Maddy, we just got here." I snickered and walked over, feeling Val's glare in to my skin like fire. "Let's see... Where are the bouquets that we're holding?" I asked to no one in particular. Suddenly Gigi, one of Michelle's good friends, handed a bouquet to me. "Ok soo... Hold it like this." I placed it in Val's hands "Lower... Fuck, hang your arms loose ok?" I glanced up "Come on, for Mich." I pleaded as she rolled her eyes, hanging the flowers as low as her arms could go without slouching "Perfect!" I Smiled.

Michelle backed up and stared "Oh my God... Really.. it's.. you can't see it!" She smiled and hugged me "Oh, God, I'm so glad you showed up!"

"I was showing up anyways moron," I laughed and kissed her cheek "Now just when you walk down with Matt, you link right arms, keep the bouquet at that level.." I instructed as Val glared at me "Or ruin your sister's wedding day, either one. Your choice."

"Take the advice." Michelle hissed at Val, who mocked her in return "You're a cunt, get over it."

"Get over what? This boyfriend stealing whore being in your wedding?" Val snorted and glared at me "Whatever, not like he actually wanted you anyways. He just wants to do right by Madeline."

"Michelle," I laughed "Control her or there'll be more than a wine stain on that dress." I lowered my glare and stared Val down "You might be down a Maid Of Honor."

"Ok!" Michelle held her hands up "Done, no fighting. Val go to your corner. At least Matt's being nice about this and walking with you. Brian asked if he wanted to do it a different way but he said it was fine to go with it and be easy.."

"Easy like Val!"

We turned to the doorway as Jimmy leaned against the frame "Hey bitches."

"You asshole." Val glared at him.

"Sorry sweety, not even interested in your asshole." He smirked and looked at Michelle "Michy... You look fucking stunning."

"Thanks Jim." She smiled, blushing slightly "I'm so excited... how's Brian doing?"

"Who?" Jimmy laughed jokingly "He's fine, he's out there with Matt, Zack, Johnny, and Brent."

"Oh good, I figured he'd have run by now." She giggled "Ok... well.. Let's get this show on the road, how long?" She asked.

"Like... ten minutes, Matt's gonna come get you guys since he and slutbucket walk first after McKenna and Tony." Jimmy answered, McKenna, Brian's younger sister was the flower girl, and Tony was one of Michelle's cousin's kids who was the ring bearer.

"Ok, sounds good." I smirked as Val huffed under her breath "Hey, at least I'm letting you touch my fiance. It's called civility."

"It's called being a whore." Val muttered under our breath as we all sat around, drinking a litte more wine and talking to calm Michelle's nerves down.

Suddenly we all turned towards the door as it opened. Matt smiled at me, walking inside.

"You ladies ready? It's show time... Before Brian's heart rate makes him pass out." He laughed as Michelle smiled "Mich, you look fabulous..." Matt took her hand and walked her out to her dad. "Mr. DiBinedetto, congratulations." Matt smiled.

"Thanks, Matt." He smiled back, I couldn't tell if it was awkward or respect.

"Alright guys, let's go!" The wedding planned rounded us up in line, the doors opened, the organ began, and McKenna and Tony walked out.

"Ok next." The guys ushered Matt and Val through the door, arm in arm, Matt was rolling his eyes as she began talking. I could only laugh.

Next was Gigi and Brent, then was Johnny and Lacey, then Jimmy and one of Michelle's cousins, then it was myself and Zack.

"I never thought I'd be walking down a wedding aisle with my sister." Zack laughed under his breath as we walked through the doors.

"Shut up." I giggled under my breath, my heels making me almost his height. I smirked and waved at Maddy as she saw us.

"MAMA!" She screeched, waving and standing on Matt's mom's lap to see us. I made a sh face and she nodded, covering her mouth with her hands and sitting as Mom instructed her.

"She's Matt's kid for sure." Zack laughed as we parted ways, taking our respective spots the line.

The crowd was full of family, friends, and kids, a lot of kids. I glanced up at Brian, he was whispering something to Matt, Matt put his hand on Brian's shoulder and smiled, whispering something back that made Brian laugh. I smirked as I caught Brian's eye. I gave him a thumbs up and nodded towards the door as the bridal march played. He took a visible gulp and adjusted his posture as he stared down the aisle.

All our eyes watched as Michelle and her dad walked in. Her dress was gorgeous, stark white, off the shoulder, mermaid tale, with a bow on the back. I smiled as she locked Brian's eyes. I glanced back up, smiling as a tear fell from his cheek. This was absolutely perfection, they were perfect for eachother. I smiled and winked at Michelle as she winked back at me, handing her flowers to Val as she wiped the tear from Brian's cheek.

"You're so fucking pretty," Brian whispered to Michelle as she laughed.

"You clean up nice.." She giggled under her breath as the priest approached the stage.

I caught Matt's eye as he stared at me, I made a goofy face but he shook his head at me, smiling brightly at me. I caught what he was doing and laughed to myself, Val was rolling her eyes and fidgeting in her place. I couldn't help but laugh as the priest carried on, marrying Brian and Michelle finally...

Finally..
♠ ♠ ♠
Another one coming for this scene, it was getting so lengthy I had to split it up..