Status: Slow But Sure

I'm Adopted: Vengeance Edition.

19

"How come I never tan?" I groaned as Matt picked me up, "I can walk, dumbass." I laughed as I wrapped my legs around him, allowing his arms to wrap around my waist as he carried me off the beach "I'm so tired."

"It looks it, by tomorrow you'll be friieeed." He laughed.

"Yah. I'm stupid..." I laughed as he took a left off the beach "Wrong way..."

"We need to hit he store down the street first, remember?" He asked quietly.

"Oh, yeah." I mumbled and burried my face into his neck before he set me down "Do we have to?"

"Yes." It was more of an assurance to him and not me. I nodded and pulled my shirt over my head, stopping to put my shorts back on. Matt stopped a little ways up and waited for me. I slipped my sandals on and ran to catch up with him.

"I'm short, remember. I'm no gigantor like you." I Rolled my eyes as he laced our fingers together "So..."

"Sew buttons." He smiled.

I laughed and looked around "I'm so tired."

"You said that once, I believe." He laughed and stopped outside the corner store "Want me to go get it?"

I let go of his hand and laughed "No, that'd be creepy. I'll be right back." I handed him my things and took only my wallet with me. I walked in and quickly scanned all the aisles, finding the one I needed. I grabbed an armfull of the boxes and a box of condoms before walking to the counter. The boy working was about my age and he raised his eyebrows at me.

"Do you need anything else?" He asked.

"No." I mumbled and handed him my bank card. He looked at it and then at me.

"ID?" He asked and held his hand out, glancing every now and then from the objects on the counter then at me. I nodded and opened my wallet again. I grabbed my ID card and slid it to him. He looked it over "Wow..." He muttered and began bagging things.

"What?" I asked as I put my things away.

"Nothing... it's just a bit... ironic." He shrugged "Pregnancy tests and condoms. You don't look much older than me... but it's none of my business." He handed my a reciept "Have a good day."

"Yah, I'll try." I laughed and walked out to where Matt was waiting. He eyed the bag and his eyes widened.

"Holy shit." He laughed and handed me my bag. I stufed the plastic bag into it.

"To be sure, I want tons of oppinons. I want as many negative signs as possible." I smiled up at him "Pray."

"I have been." Matt smirked and squeezed my hand gently "It'll be ok. Either way."

"Are you sure?" I asked quietly as we began walking towards the house "What if I... I... If I am?" I asked.

"So? Then... we think from there. But for now, we're concentrating on right here and right now. And back there, your phone rang." He laughed "Thought I should tell you."

I nodded and searched my bag for my cell phone. My fingers glided over the titanium and I picked it up, looking at the missed call "Huh... blocked number... Whatever." I clicked 'call back' and waited.

"Hello?" A man's voice asked.

"Hi, I noticed this number called earlier? Uhm... who is this?" I asked.

"Oh! Hey! It's Carey, uhmm... Nicole gave me your number."

I couldn't help but laugh as I looked from Matt, to the grocery bag, and back again "Oh, hey. How are you?"

"Great! How are you? Nicole said you were thinking about coming home for a while? I know this is like, awkward, and we don't know eachother but like... would you be interested in hanging out when you come back?" He asked "You seemed like a great girl, and that's rare to find around here."

I laughed nervously as we approached the house "Listen..." I dragged the word out "You seemed like a great guy too, and yeah we don't really know eachother.." I Paused, Matt and I barely knew eachother too "But... I have a boyfriend."

"Oh." He took a long pause "Nicole didn't mention that... God, I feel really stupid now." He laughed a little.

"No, no. Don't feel stupid, it's my fault. Things were complicated when Nicole and I were talking. I'm sorry..." I nodded for Matt to go into the house so I could talk outisde. He took the bags from me, kissed my forehead, and walked in "So.."

"I feel idiotic, though. Even if I shouldn't.... I knew you wouldn't last long with all those Cali boys out there. You're too pretty to be single for long." He laughed nervously "I guess I should have asked you when you were here, huh?"

"That would have worked, probably." I laughed a little "Well... I actually gotta go, I'm getting the evils from my brother." I Stuck my tongue out at Zack as he glared at me from the doorway, holding the grocery bag in his hands "I'll call you back some other time, is that ok?"

"I don't want you to get in trouble with your boyfriend though." He sighed.

"Oh don't worry, he'll be fine with it. He'll be fine with it, but yeah I gotta run. Talk to you later?"

"Yeah, any time."

"Ok bye."

"Bye."

I hung up and sprinted for the door as Zack held it open for me. As soon as I was clear, he slammed it shut. I placed my hands over his face and smooshed them around, making weird yelling noises.

"NO NO NO don't! Shhhh!! Blaaahhhh! Grrr!" I yelled different noises until he pulled my hands from his face. He was looking at me like I was crazy "Gimme that." I stole the bag from his hands and ran for the stairs, but someone grabbed onto my hips. I huffed and blew a piece of hair from my face as Matt dragged me backwards "For future reference, Matt, I don't like being treated like a ragdoll, thanks." I stared at him as Zack stared at me.

"What's going on here?" Zack pointed to the bag.

"A pregnancy scare, that's what." I wiggled the bag in my hands "So can I go piss? Or do you want to wait until I start puking, to find out?" I rolled my eyes as Zack sighed.

"This is not exactly what I invisioned when Mom and Dad said you'd be coming home." Zack muttered.

"Cool, so now we've both been surprised. I'm off to peeeee!" I sang and made my way to the stairs. But once again, Matt grabbed me and pulled me back "NO! RAGDOLL!" I pointed at myself "Capiche?!?"

Matt chuckled "Can we come with you?"

I raised my eyebrows "To watch me pee? Uhm... no thanks? But you can come upstairs and keep me company while I wait." I smiled and took his hand and Zack's, dragging them up the stairs behind me.

"Here we go." Zack laughed with a small sigh as we made our way to the bathroom.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Cred: Ke$ha - Your Love Is My Drug

Hope you liiiikkeee it :) I'll have another one up tonight because I probably wont have time tomorrow. Long day :) Going shopping with my dad for my mom's mothers day present (like a month early, i know) and then my uncle is coming up from BOOOSSTTTOOONN in the early afternoon, then I'm going ice skating (hopefully if I can make it) with my amazing cousin, Katharena, later on :)

I'm skipping church to do all this btw lol. And the afternoon will probably consist of skating, ice cream, hanging out with family, talking about sex jokes, venting about stupid backstabbing girls, and other fun shit ;D

comments are like amazing!!

xoxoxoxoxo Jb