Status: Slow But Sure

I'm Adopted: Vengeance Edition.

25

*Jackie's POV*

Val hadn't spoken to me. Matt hadn't been around even to see Zack. Zack had gone to band practice as Brian's place every night, and asked every night if I wanted to come. Every night I would ask if Matt would be there, of course he was, so I would stay home with Nicole.

She was leaving in a week, and I needed to use her shoulder as much as I could, because I probably wouldn't see her for a few months then.

"What rhymes with glitter?" I asked as Nicole and I laid on the living room floor looking up at the ceiling. I was in a tight tank top, showing off my small three-month baby bump. Small being the operative word. I had on some short shorts, too. May as well wear them while I can. RIght? Yeah.

"Uhm... Critter." Nicoel sighed "Pimp."

"Gimp." I laughed "Traffic."

"Ohh.... Nothing." She mumbled "Yeah.."

"Oh... ok. Uhm.... Light."

"Fight." Nicole smirked "Spin."

"Fin!" I smiled "Nemo."

"NO proper nouns." She laughed as the front door open.

"Douchbag." I smirked.

"HEY! Watch your language." Zack hopped over the couch with a nervous look "Whatcha playing and can we play too?" He asked.

"We're rhyming, and depends on who we is. Is Brian here?" I asked, sitting up.

"No..." Zack muttered as Matt walked in. I huffed and stood up.

"Come on Nicole, we can finish this upstairs in the study room." I began standing up when Zack pushed me down "Hey! OW! Pregnant girl here!"

"Sorry." Zack said sincerely "You should just listen to him."

"JELLY FISH!" Nicole shouted.

"Deathwish." I smirked "Paranoid."

"Android."

"Fish."

"Dish. Jelly."

"Baby Belly. Cow."

"Meow. Horny."

I stared at Nicole with a smirk "You. Now let's get upstairs." I giggled as she stood.

"YOU." Zack pointed at me "Need to listen to Matt."

"Cat!" Nicole smirked as Zack glared at her.

"Fat."

"Rat."

"Sat."

"Bat."

"GIRLS!" Zack shouted.

"SQUIRELLS!" Nicole and I giggled. She sat down on the sofa across the room, and I joined her. She began rubbing my stomach with a content smile as Matt sat down next to Zack.

"We're like two gay couples." She smiled wide "Except we used one of you to give us a baby." She began laughing like a maniac and I waved her to stop.

"What do you want to waste your breath telling me?" I asked as Matt crossed his legs nervously.

"Glee." Nicole whispered.

"Pee." I whispered back.

"WILL YOU TWO STOP?!" Zack shouted "God. This is fucking important! Jackie, LISTEN!" He shotued.

I sat up straight "Alright Dad." I Rolled my eyes.

"Mad." Nicole snickered under her breath.

"If we don't stop, he just might pop a blood vessel. So you might want to stop, Nicole. WE can do this later in my room. We can even have chocolate if you shut up." I giggled as she rested her head on my shoulder.

"Can I keep rubbing ole' Buddah here while you have your serious conversation?" She asked.

"Yah, sure, just stop talking?" I laughed as Zack glared "He looks mean."

We both laughed and Matt opened his mouth "Jackie."

"That's my name." I smiled. He sighed "Sorry, keep going your majesty. I forgot, no one can interrupt you."

"Stop." Zack huffed at me.

"Jackie, this is serious." Matt sighed.

"What? Did you knock Val up too? Did you knock up the whole girl population of Huntington Beach?" I asked, causing Nicole to giggle as she rubbed underneath my tanktop. I had gotten used to it, so I didn't exactly mind. She was like my sister anyways.

"No." Matt laughed "Thank God. I'd really be screwed."

"Ok then out with it."

"Val... she uhm... she left." Matt looked up at me. "Just left."

"Well I don't care. I want proof it was her idea and she isn't coming back. I'm not trusting you again, Matt. Soif you have any way of contact with her, tell her to drop by. I won't yell, punch, slap, or hurt her at all. As long as I hear it from her." I smiled "Got it?"

"Yep." Matt nodded.

"She left, Jackie." Zack looked at me, dead in the eyes "We were all at Brian's today, I even picked Matt up and she was there. When we got back, she was gone. All her shit, ALL OF IT, everything was gone. There was a note, her handwriting, that she wasn't coming back." He shrugged.

"Oh.. wel..." I paused as Nicole poked my belly "Tell Mich to tell her to come see me or something. Because I don't know what to believe. But... Matt." I looked at him, hating the fact my heart was melting once again as he stared back at me, his brown eyes boring into my soul "Are you telling me the truth?" I knew it was a flawed question. I knew I was taking yet another leap of faith.

"Yes. I am. I never lied to you, I was just trying to find the time and way to tell you. If you think back, I never lied." He offered a small smile "So uhm..."

"So uhmm." I rolled my eyes "So what?"

"You said if she left on her terms... I could be the dad?" He asked, hope in his voice.

"Yeah I did, didn't I? That's all you want though? The baby? Not me?" I feigned being hurt. He shook his head nervously.

"No no no, I want you too. But... I didn't think you'd want me back so uhm.." He paused "Do you? I mean... damn, I'm actually willing to grovell right now. At a seventeen year old's feet for this. But I want you back. So bad. I want this baby with you. I made a stupid choice, a stupid choice for two whole months of your pregnancy..."

"Oh shut up and get the fuck over here."

He smiled wide and almost rean over, nearly tripping over the coffee table. He sat on my other side and his large hand replaced Nicole's on my stomach. She huffed "I've been replaced so easily."

I kissed her cheek playfully as she smiled "No one can replace my Icky Nikki." I smiled as Matt kissed my neck "OH!" I giggled as his hand went higher "Matt... people... PEOPLE!" I swatted at his hand in a scolding manner.

"Yeah well I missed you.'" He smiled as Nicole got up.

"Ew. Couch sex." She sat next to Zack and glared at him "Hands to yourself." She hissed "Ew. Why are you all so weird?"

"I wasn't thinking about it." Zack laughed.

"Better not." I stuck my tongue out at him "She's my best friend. I'd kill you."

"Blood is thicker than water." Zack stuck his tongue out.

"But thinner than chocolate milk!" NIcole and I smiled in unison and the boys stared, just plain old are they insane? stare. I loved it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok. They couldn't seriously be broken up foREVer!!!! JHEES!!

Ok! i'm off to watch the Bruins game!! Bye bye for tonight!!