Status: Slow But Sure

I'm Adopted: Vengeance Edition.

35

We arrived at the hospital and the contractions had been getting worse now. Matt and Brian helped me in as Zack went to get a doctor. He came back with a nurse, and a wheelchair.

Matt helped me sit back as the nurse asked me all sorts of questions. I was being as calm as possible, and all the guys were crazy. She stopped talking and looked around with a smile.

"Yeah, I know." I laughed, taking a slow deep breath "Who's hatching the human here?" I laughed as she smiled "The doctor told me that stress wasn't good for the baby, and to stay as calm as possible... they hurt like hell, but I can keep down the shrieks and dramatic yells for now." I laughed.

"Good. I'll get you to a room right now and get things started for the doctor." She stood behind the wheelchair and attempted to get the guys' attention "Miss.. could you?" She asked me with a laugh.

I whistled and they all looked at me "I'm having a baby here... Can you please pay attention so I don't have to stop halfway?" I laughed as they all began following us down the hall. Matt sped up and walked beside me, holding my hand as I breathed steadily "You can pry my hand off it I squeeze to hard, babe." I whispered.

"No, it's fine. This is my fault, so I should have to endure pain too." He smirked as the nurse, her nametag read Shelly, wheeleed me into a birthing room. Shelly, with some assistance from Matt, helped me into the bed. I laid down according to Shelly's directions, and she hooked me up to monitors.

"The doctor will be in in a minute... your regular doctor isn't on shift, I hope you don't mind-"

"As long as this thing get's out healthy, I'm fine." I smiled as she nodded and left.

I closed my eyes and tried to concentrate on happy things, but the constant whipers and murmered worries from the guys were keeping me negative. I huffed and squeezed Matt's hand until I got his attention "Shut... Up..." I panted as he looked at me, I could feel his eyes on me as I squeezed mine shut tight.

"Sorry." He whispered "How do you feel?"

I opened my eyes and stared at him "You've seen a baby before, right?" I asked.

"Yeah." He nodded "I held one of my cousins a few days after he was born.." Matt shrugged.

"You know like.." I Paused and rolled my eyes "A normal size dick hurts, compare that to a fucking babie's head." I smiled at him "You know how that all works down there, the gauging." I laughed "Fit a babie's head through there, yep... I feel like that sounds."

"Ouch ouch oouuuchhh!" Brian covered his ears "Fucking shut up that's nasty!"

"What? Did you think the stork was real?" I laughed "I think Michelle needs to talk to your parents.... Ouuuucchh!" I groaned as the door opened. I looked up as Mom and Dad ran in. I smiled "Hey! Just in time!"

"Oh baby!" Mom ran over and took my other hand, the one that wasn't constricting like a boa around Matt's own hand "How are you fairing so far?" She asked.

"It's... birth." I laughed as she nodded. Dad went and sat next to Zack and Brian as the door opened again. I looked up and Michelle ran in "Hey!" I smiled as she came over to give me a light hug.

"Hey hun. I made Jimmy and Johnny stay home..." She laughed "Jimmy would probably steal the baby anyways... and Johnny would just faint."

"It's.. ok.." I breathed as she sat down "Maaaaatttt!!!" I groaned loudly.

"Shhh babe," Mom caressed my hand "Stay calm hun, it'll be ok."

"She was the most calm out of all of us so far." Zack laughed.

"They left... me... at the house.." I took a huge breath "GET THE FUCKING DOCTOR IN HERE NOOOWWW!" I groaned and rolled my head back "This sucks! Matt!" I squeezed his hand "I HATE YOU! YOU SUCK! YOU ARE... OWW! I hate you!" I felt a tear roll down my cheek as Dad assured a very worried Matt that it was standard procedure. Dad and his analogies...

"She doesn't hate you." He laughed "She's just saying tha-"

"NO! I HATE YOU MATT!" I shouted as the door opened "This better be someone who can get this thing OUT OF ME!" I looked up as the doctor hid a laugh "Can you get this out of me?" I asked.

"Well, first we're going to see if you're far enough along. Then we'll figure it out from there." He washed his hands up to his elbows as I gritted my teeth together. I shook Matt's hand from mine, and Mom's, and grabbed the railings.

"Babe-" Matt started.

"No." I huffed "I can't... just.. stop." I mumbled as the doctor pulled a sliding stood between my legs. He called in a nurse and they set my lower half up on stirrups. He pulled gloves on and looked at me through his goggles.

"I'm going to see where the head is. Apparently you're fully dialated..." He looked at the nurse "It was actually faster than we thought."

"Really?" Mom asked.

"Wooaahhh wooaah.." Matt held his hands up to the doctor "What are you doing?"

I smacked Matt's arm "Shut up. He's delivering our kid who is putting it's mom in shitloads of pain right now!" I looked down as the doctor reached into me. I watched as Matt looked away. So did everyone else. Matt and Michelle switched seats, and Mich and Mom both began cheering me on.

"Ok, the babie's head is right there..." The doctor laughed "We haven't had a birth this easy in a long time. Now it's all up to you, Jaclyn. You just have to push when you're ready."

"ONE TWO THREE GO!" I shouted.

"Take a deep breath, push, and let it out when I get to one from ten. Ok?" The nurse smiled at me. I nodded and took a big breath, holding it in without a sound as I pushed "Ten, nine, eight, seven, six, five, four, three, two, one." She smiled "Let it out."

I pushed the air from my lungs and took another breath, and another, and another until I heard a loud thud. I opened my eyes as I heard a loud crying noise pierce the air. I looked around and noticed Matt wasn't in sight, and the doctor was looking down, holding the baby in his arms as nurses got the gunk from it's mouth.

"Matt!" Zack got down on the floor with a laugh "Dude wake up! You have to cut the cord!"

Matt quickly stood up, rubbing the back of his head with his hand. He put on a pair of sterile gloves after washing his hands quickly, and took the scissors from a nurse. "Right here." The doctor instructed. Matt placed the scissors down and cut, I could hear a gag and looked over at Zack as he covered his mouth.

"Wuss." I smirked as tears rolled down my cheeks. A nurse came over and took the baby away, wiping with a cloth at it's face. A moment later she was walking back over.

"You have a baby girl." She smiled, placing her on my chest.

"A girl?" I asked as Matt walked over, I could ssee tears in his eyes.

"A girl." She smiled "Congrats... another nurse will be in with her information and you can give her a name." She smiled "Congrats again."

"Thanks." I Looked up one last time then situated myself so I was sitting up. I cradled her to my chest.

"Heeyy," Matt sat next to me on the bed, I moved over to give him space so we were both sitting next to eachother "Madeline." He smiled.

"She's gorgeous." I Smiled as Matt traced her chubby little cheek.

"She has your nose."

"You're chin." I laughed "I bet she'll have your eyes, too."

"Dominant genes." Matt smirked and wrapped an arm around my shoulders as Mom took pictures. Zack walked over and pulled up a chair, as everyone else got as close as they could.

"Hey, Madeline, look." I made her face Zack "That's your uncle, say hi." I took her tiny hand and waved it at Zack. There wasn't a dry eye in the room as everyone cooed over her.

"She really does have your nose..." Mom smiled "She's gorgeous... congratulations you two."

"Thanks." Matt and I said in unison, laughing afterwards. I leaned into Matt's arms and he sighed.

"I love you so much." He kissed my cheek "You were so brave... and calm.."

"You passed out." I snickered and poked his stomach "Hmm isn't that right Maddy? Daddy passed out didn't he?" I kissed her pink nose gently "I... I have a baby.." I whispered as my eyes watered.

"We have a baby." Matt kissed her cheek gently also "We're doing this together, remember?"

I nodded as I felt the ring against my finger "Together." I smiled.

"Together." He smiled back as we both stared down at our gorgeous baby girl.
♠ ♠ ♠
OK! We have baby! Madeline Anna Baker :) The middle name too, it'll be explained later lol. Last one of the night, I need sleep... badly. LOL. GOOD NIGHT!!

Comment??

xoxo Jb