Status: Slow But Sure

I'm Adopted: Vengeance Edition.

37

*Jackie's POV*

"FUCK!!"

I shot up out of bed and turned towards the door, where crashing noises were coming from. I took a deep breath and looked over at Maddy's crib where she was sleeping soundly. My eyes just so happened to brush past the clock, where a blinking 2:30 AM caught my attention. I huffed and got up, the first actually night Maddy was sleeping in, and Matt had a show, I dreaded him coming home and waking her up tonight. She'd been sleeping so well, too.

I pulled my robe on and pulled my brown hair up into a seriously messy ponytail.

"Matt? Baby?" I asked quietly as the lights in the den blinded me momentarilly. I shielded my face and looked over at the couch where Matt's legs were hanging over the edge. I sighed and crossed my arms over my chest, walking over to him. His eyes were shut, but I knew he wasn't asleep.

He was passed out.

I gently tugged at his arm, "Matt, come to bed hun." I whispered to no avail. I didn't want to leave him down here, so I walked to his side and pulled his body, with much struggling, onto the couch fully. I walked to the closet and grabbed a light blanket and draped it over him. I tucked a pillow under his head and sat down on the floor next to the couch with a trashcan. I sighed. There was a reason I only had one child.

A few hours later Matt was awake, it was six AM, and Maddy was still asleep, I had checked on her every half hour. Matt wincedat the somewhat light room, and I handed him two advil and a glass of water. His dark eyes met mine and immediatly they turned from confusion to remorse.

"Jackie-"

"Just take them and here." I handed him the trash bucket and rubbed my eyes "You already barfed a ton in your sleep, so you might want to drink tons of water and eat something soon..." I began to stand up but Matt pulled me onto the couch, "Matt, come on. I gotta go check on Maddy." I squirmed from his arms.

"But I want to apologize." He kissed my cheek.

"You can, just after you clean up. You reek of alcohol and puke, Matt. I don't want Maddy being around that." I mumbled and got up, making my way upstairs. I walked into the bedroom to find Maddy awake and playing with her mobile in her crib. "Hey baby girl." I picked her up and kissed her forehead "Wanna come lay with mommy?" I made my way back to the bed and laid down, Maddy tucked between a pillow next to me so she would either roll into me, or it. I closed my eyes just as the shower kicked on down the hall. Matt knew I didn't want him strolling in wasted now that we had Maddy, but apparently it slipped his mind. I know I can't control him, but I'm going to protect my baby girl.

~*~

My eyes opened to Matt watching Maddy and I.

"What time is it?" I asked and looked around for the clock.

"Nine." Matt answered quickly "I already changed her."

I gave him a look "Thanks."

"About last night-"

"You know how I feel about that, Matt." I gave him a stern glare "I can't stop you, but I sure as hell can keep Maddy from having a druk for a dad."

"Jackie... I'm not a drunk. I had one over-the-top night." He sighed "I'm sorry."

"I'm not mad, Matthew. I just don't want this to be an every night thing. Ok?"

"I know, I won't. I swear." He took my hand and kissed it. It was then I noticed he was in a white t-shirt and boxers "So...?"

"Sooo? Sew buttons." I Laughed as Maddy stirred "When did she fall back asleep?" I asked.

"She woke up around seven, and pretty much went right back to sleep." He kissed her tiny hands as she opened her deep brown, almost black, eyes. She looked around the room and found Matt, she opened her mouth, but sneezed instead of making noises like usual.

Matt and I both broke out laughing as she giggled, wiggled her tiny three month old body up and squirming.

"You're so adorable, Maddy." I laughed and snuggled down next to her, looking up at Matt as he zoned out down at Maddy. He looked like he was in deep thought. I didn't know if I was just being paranoid, or if it was real, but I swore I saw him weighing something in his mind. And the way he was zoning on Maddy made me think it had something to do with her, and possibly the life he's giving up for a baby.

I sighed and let Maddy wrap her tiny finger around my mich bigger one, letting my own mind drift off everywhere. Negative and positive places, until I had to focus on something before I went crazy.
♠ ♠ ♠
HEYY!! Long time no update, I knowww. But you can all thank JaedeShadows6661 (I hope that's what you still are!) Or if you knew her on Twitter, JaedeVendetta! She got my attention cos she sat through and read all of this O= now that's amazing! I get bored after one chapter haha (maybe that's because I wrote it and my brain still gets confused on WHERE THE FUCK I WAS GOING hahahhaa) but anyways, send some thanks her way, because without her, there would not be a 37th chapter :):):)

So without further rambling, this chapter is dedicated to JaedeVendetta (I'm sticking with your twitter name haha) becaue you rock!

Hopefully more soon, cos I have a slow morphine-like drip of ideas ;)

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo Jbizz