Status: Slow But Sure

I'm Adopted: Vengeance Edition.

52

*Jackie's POV*

"You're taking this well." Zack stared at me as I watched Maddy sleep in her crib the next morning "Why aren't you like.. flipping shit?" He asked "Not that I want that..."

I laughed and motioned for him to come stand by me. He did, wrapping his arm around my shoulders and letting me rest my head on his arm "I don't know. I just don't think he's deserving of my tears right now." I smiled as Maddy kicked in her sleep.

"On a scale of Mother Theresa to Chris Brown, how mad are you?" He asked.

"I'm Naomi Campbell." I laughed "I'd huck a cell phone at him. I wouldn't beat him, or forgive him right away."

"Nice." He laughed and sighed "Do you still love him though? I mean...-"

"Of course I do, Zacky. We have a kid together, I don't think I'll ever not love him. I'm just not going to take him back right now, he needs time to think about what he just did. That wasn't exactly... acceptable behavior, and I thought he said he was going to rehab?" I turned to Zack as he shrugged "Yeah."

"I thought so too, so did everyone else. But... We'll just have to admit him sooner." He hugged me tight "I'm gunna go downstairs and talk to Brian-"

"When did he get here?" I asked carefully, not to sound bitchy.

"Him and a few others came over this morning... kinda security cos we have band practice and-"

"Matt's coming?" I asked, a laugh coating my voice "Do you really think he'll show?"

"Maybe." Zack shrugged "He might not, I mean... yah, probably not." He laughed "Well, there's coffee down here, and good company." He smiled and walked out the door, just as Maddy blinked her eyes open a few times. I sighed and reached down.

"Finally awake?" I asked as she tugged on my washed, dried, and straightened hair. She cooed in response as I heard laughter downstairs. "Time to get normal, cutie pie." I kissed her little cheek and began walking down the hall. I recognized a laugh, and immediatly smiled.

I walked into the living room and looked around "Jason Berry." I laughed as he turned. He smiled wide, as did his brother Matt, who we called Mattie, and he got up.

"Jackie!" Jason smiled and ran over, almost tripping on his own feet as his arms flung around my shoulders "I haven't seen you since... since the concert way back when you weren't legal!" He laughed.

"Oh my god, how are you?!" Mattie asked as he looked at Madeline "This must be Madeline?"

"You can call her Maddy." I laughed "Similar names." I laughed as he let Maddy wrap her tiny fingers around one of his.

"She's adorable." Mattie smiled at me and hugged me "Are you ready to party? Cos we brought the supplies! Everything you could ever want, just in time to forget everything." He winked as Jason smacked his arm.

"OK! I'll take-"

"No." I shooed Michelle away as she reached for maddy "I want to know what you did, first." I gave her a stern look as she sighed and led me into the kitchen.

~*~*~

*Matt's POV*

(Last Night)


"I can't believe you actually did that!" I shouted at Val, seeing Jackie so upset really sobered me up. And Zack's angry side wasn't exactly easy to take without having a few gallons of alcohol sweat out your skin.

"Me?!" She asked as we stood, me in my boxers and her with just her bra and underwear on now, in the living room arguing. I guess she had some decency to put some type of clothing on "You're the one who kissed me a second time!" She crossed her arms as I saw headlights turn into the driveway "Great, they're probably back to shoot you or something." She rolled her eyes as the front door swung open.

"Not him, you." Michelle took the hood off her rain jacket and threw it to the floor. The rage in her eyes was unmistakable, her skin seemed to give off steam from the anger "I can't even believe you, Val!" She shouted.

"Mich-"

"Shut up, Matthew. You're next." She turned to me quickly and hissed. Her eyes were full of disgust as she looked me over "I can't believe you two right now!" She grabbed Val's hair and yanked her sideways.

"Michelle!" I screamed.

"Shut the fuck up, she's my sister. I can be mad at her for fucking with my best friend." She replied as Val took a swing at her knees. Mich dropped down and turned over, decking Val in the mouth.

"You bitch!" Val shouted and stood up "You're seriously standing up for that whore?" She asked.

"Whore? Whore?" She turned to me "You're letting her call your fiance a whore?" Mich asked me. I looked down on the floor where Jackie's ring still lay. I figured if I didn't touch it, magically it would be back on her hand and this would all be a dream.

"I... I... Val, just get out." I Whispered as she stared at me "This was all a huge mistake."

"I know it." Michelle rolled her eyes "You two really need to stop this-"

"Why?" Val asked suddenly "If we love eachother, then why should we-"

"Whoa whoa whoa... Matt, you told her you loved her?" Michelle turned to me. I gulped down a lump in my throat "Well why don't you fuck the entire population of Huntington Beach, then? Huh? I'm sure Jackie's hurt enough right now that the fact you fucked Val couldn't POSSIBLY get any worse... Really?" She picked Val up off the floor and shoved her out the door "You stupid bitch, get the fuck out."

Michelle slammed the door in her sister's face and turned to me "I can't even BELIEVE you right now, Matthew. You really need help." She sighed and shook her head.

"Did you.. talk to her?" I asked carefully as she walked right over Jackie's ring, not even seeing it.

"Well no crap carlos." She rolled her eyes and walked into the laundry room, grabed a clean shirt, and threw it at me "Put that on so I don't see the shame all over your stupid body." She rolled her eyes and leaned again the wall "Now... wanna explain exactly what went down here?"

"She came over, I was already piss drunk when I got home. We had a few more drinks, and the next thing I know is Jackie crying in the doorway and Val's naked ontop of my in my room." I leaned onto the couch and sat down, then reclined to lying down, then covered my eyes. It should have been awkward telling this to Michelle, Val's sister, but the way she just acted told me that she was more on Jackie's side. And I'd do anything to get back on Jackie's side...

"You don't remember telling her you loved her?" Mich asked as she walked over, stopping suddenly "What the fu-" She bent over and looked at something in her hand as she stood up again. She quickly walked over to me and grabbed my left hand. Her eyes watered "She didn't..."

"She did." I mumbled into my hands as Mich sat across from me.

"You need to think of a plan to get her back. And fast."

I sat up and stared at Mich "You don't think I know that already? And... why so fast?" I asked.

She shrugged lightly "You don't think Zack and Brian aren't already installing new security systems for tomorrow's band practice, do you?" She asked with a knowing look "You know how Jackie and Jason got along. He could just be a rebound-"

"Jase wouldn't take advantage of her like that." I mumbled, saying it really only to assure myself. Jackie could easily have whoever she wanted, and I'm sure Jason would step up because everyone knew he liked her. The first big party we had when she first arrived home, they hit it off immediatly. I just happened to hit a homerun first and... well... to stop sounding like a dickhead, I fell head over heels and didn't want to let her go.

"I don't he would either. But you know how Brian and Zack drink. And Mattie likes his Jeagerbombs." She shook her head "I don't know what to do with all of you guys."

"I Don't either, Mich. I really don't." I shook my head "I fucked up."

She laughed and stood up, handing me Jackie's ring "Y'think so?" She shook her head and walked for the door, taking her rain jacket with her and slammed the door. I leaned back.

"I need to fix this... fast."
♠ ♠ ♠
Shit Matt, shit....

xoxo Jbizz

commet?/rate?/subscribe?/whore-out? ;D