Status: Slow But Sure

I'm Adopted: Vengeance Edition.

53

*Jackie's POV*

"I can't believe you shoved her outside in the rain... naked." I semi laughed as Michelle bounced Maddy on her knee "You're a crazy bitch.... I love you-"

"Easy on the love, she's mine." Brian laughed as he walked over, sitting next to Michelle.

"I guess you actually beat Matt to it." I laughed as I looked at Michelle's ring, and how exactly happy they were together "You proposed first."

"Oh, hun..." Michelle handed Maddy off to Brian and moved over next to me in the lawn chair beside mine "I bet he'll come around... you know he loves you. We all know he loves you. He just fucked up." She hugged me close, I could see Brian making faces at Maddy and managed a laugh.

"Royally." I giggled as Jason walked over "What up Berry bro?"

"Nice nicknames." He rolled his eyes and took the seat next to me as Michelle vacated it "What's up anyways? New news? And can I hold this adorable thing?" He looked at Maddy. Brian growled.

"Easy boy, easy." I laughed and reached over, taking Maddy from a reluctant Brian. He sighed and got up, walking away with Michelle..

"Be good you two." She laughed and gave me a weary look. I rolled it off my shoulders and handed Maddy to Jason.

"You gotta hold her like this." I positioned his arms, moving mine under his to help him out "There, you got it... you're a natural." I laughed and looked up at him, his brown eyes staring into mine. He moved a little closer and suddenly a loud voice across the yard pulled me out of the moment.

"What the fuck is going on here?"

My skin jumped as I turned, Matt standing in the sliding glass doorway. His eyes were trained on Jason, Maddy, and I. He stalked over and I watched as Zack fell in tow behind him, glaring at Matt's figure.

"I just... I uh..." Jason stumbled over his words as I rolled my eyes.

"He wanted to hold Maddy." I smiled "I mean, as one of my best friends, he has the right to. He hasn't done anything to make me believe he can't be trusted." I stood up, leaving Maddy in Jason's hands as he sat still.

"Oh, so I fuck up and you think you can move right on in, huh? Is that what you're thinking Berry?" Matt stared down at Jason as he shook his head.

I rolled my eyes and slapped Matt's arm "You have no right to talk to him like that, you're the one who fucked yourself over. And not to mention Val." I narrowed my eyes at her, whoever was here that hadn't heard yet, knew fully now. Hm, lets see, like Jim, Johnny, and few other of their friends "At least I stick to my word, Matt. That's one thing you can be sure of." I bit my teeth together as he glared at me.

"She's my daughter, you can't do this, Jaclyn." I thought I'd see steam pouring from his ears by now.

"I can, and I will. Who's last name does she have? Mine. Who's house does she live in? My parents'. Who specified that if you fucked around with Val one more time, or ever again, you'd be out of Madeline's life for good? Me." I crossed my arms "I haven't fucke around behind your back, Matthew. I haven't betrayed your trust while we were together, ok? So you can take your high and mighty attitude and shove it up your ass." I snarled and sat back down, getting a death glare from Matt.

"You two were inches away from eachother, am I not supposed to be pissed off? Someone correct me if I'm wrong but we-"

"There is no we." I said calmly and looked up, I wasn't sure who knew how bad it was yet "The we stopped when you fucked Val, the we stopped when that ring left my finger. The we stops here, until you get your life straightened out Matt. Until I can trust you again, there is no we. Just a you, and whoever you decide to fuck in the meantime. I can't hold it against you if you're single, and you can't hold it against me if I am." I took Maddy from Jason's arms and stood up, brushing past Matt "If you'll excuse me, my daughter needs a nap."

"You won't hold out on this!" Matt shouted after me "You don't have the ball to keep her from me!"

I turned around, my arms holding Maddy secure from falling "I don't have the balls? Matt, you of all people should know not to talk to a Vengeance like that." I smiled as Zack smiled proudly "You're on." I turned, kissed Maddy's cheek, and walked inside.

Not even three steps inside, the glass door opened and slammed, causing the glass to shatter all over the floor. I turned with a dropped jaw as Matt stood, staring at the glass.

"That wasn't supposed to happen.." He turned from the glass to me. I held in a laugh, he was still cute when he was confused like that "Listen, Jackie. I fucked up, I know I did. Royally as it may be. But I didn't mean to, I was drunk-"

"There lies the problem in the first place, Matt. I don't like you drinking now that we have Maddy. Especially getting drunk enough to fuck your ex. How can I trust you when that happens. Hm? Say we stayed together, got married even. You guys go on tour, Maddy and I stay home because frankly, she's too little to go on a tourbus full of men. You guys go out drinking in some town across the fucking country, you get smashed. Everyone else gets smashed, it isn't their resposibility nor are they capable of stopping you from fucking some random chick behind the bar. Or in the bus. If you can't even controld yourself here, at your own house, when you have Maddy and I minutes away to think about, how can I trust you across the country? Across the world Matthew? Really? Do you expect that of me?"

"I just-"

"Just what? Want me to stop ragging on you for drinking? Well there you go, Matt. Good wish, really good wish. Because you got it. And then some. Probably about sixteen different STD's from sleeping with Val. I don't want that. I don't want to be here, helplessly worrying about you while you're in Japan. I don't want to be the clingy girlfriend who calls every night before and after shows to make sure you didn't shimmy out of your wedding band for the night. I shouldn't have to. You can tell me otherwise, but that's how I feel right now. That I won't sleep a wink unless I know for sure your not fucking some girl in some bed while I'm naively sitting her with our-... my baby. God... Just... go, go have fun. You don't need my permission anymore." I waved him off and walked up the stairs "Goodbye, Matt."

"But Jackie-" Matt started but I closed the door to Maddy's room before any other words left his mouth. I didn't want to hear them. Listening to myself talk really put it in perspective. I didn't want to worry about that. Who said I had to marry him just because I had his kid? No one, that's who. And unless I wanted to, no one could force me...
♠ ♠ ♠
Hoe-lee shit! Anyways... last of the night. I need sleeps!

comment/rate/subscribe?

xoxoxoxoxoxo Jbizz