Status: Slow But Sure

I'm Adopted: Vengeance Edition.

75

Matt's POV

For the rest of the week I woke up every night in a cold sweat. Each time awoken by the same nightmare.

Jackie.

Her skin was ice cold, her face cold, sunken in, dark circles under her eyes, her hair was stringy and like straw. Her nails were chipped, her fingers were thin and bony. Her arms crossed her chest as I leaned down and kissed her lips one last time before the casket closed. Zack was crying, her parents adoptive and birth were in hysterics. Maddy was sitting at Zack's side crying for 'mommy'. I sat infront of the casket as four men began to pick it up.

"No... don't take her." I pleaded, tears streaming down my face as the moved past me. "NO!" I screamed.

"Matt, stop." I looked up as Kara stood beside me. "She's gone..."

"I don't want her gone! I want her here!" I screamed, feeling something cold in my hand. I looked down at the needle, blood spilling from the tip. "Jackie!" I screamed as Maddy ran up to me.

"Toy! Toy!" She grabbed the needle from my hand and before I could grab her she was off.

"MADELINE!" I screamed as Zack stood up, walking over to me "Zack help me! I can't find her!"

"You aren't even trying!" He screamed at me, his hand colliding with my face hard. "You don't give a fuck! If you had postponed tour, the band, if you had given up even a piece of what she had given up, we wouldn't fucking be here!"

I felt heat falling down my face and realized blood was pouring from my eyes. I was on my knees.

Grass beneath my knees. I looked up, pulling my face from my bloodied hands. Jackie's headstone was infront of me.

"Jackie.." I cried.

"Matt!"

I looked around "Jackie? JACKIE?!" I screamed and stood up, tripping over air.

"Help! Matt! HELP ME!" I could hear her but not see her. My eyes burned as I followed the voice lower, and lower... until my ear was pressed against the ground. "You should have saved me." Her voice was above a whisper, light, airy "I loved you."

"Jackie... Jackie!" I screamed, my fingernails digging into the dirt "Jackie no!"


I sat up quick, feeling my hands digging into the sheets. "JACKIE!" I screamed, not recognizing my surroundings as I fell abruptly to my left.

"Matt? MATT!?"

The voice was familiar but I couldn't pin it. Thoughts rushed through my head as someone ran down the stairs. Couch. I was on a couch. Zack appeared at the bottom of the stairs and stopped as he saw me "Dude... you're... " He sighed "This is the third time this week alone.. never mind this MONTH." He rubbed his hands over his face "You need... You need to get over it."

"Zack... She... She dies." I sat up on the couch, remembering that I had been crashing at his place since we got back a month ago. No one had heard from Jackie, she never called, she never texted. "I can't... I have to go-"

"No. You can't go over." He sighed "She... listen."

"What's wrong?" I sat up.

"She called mum like.. three weeks ago.." He sat down across from me, wringing his hands together "She... she's bad." He looked at me "Kara got arrested but her parents bailed her out, they've been living at Dustin's house back and forth. She's with someone." There. That's what I was dreading.

"Taylor?" I asked.

"No. Some kid Will or something." He shook his head "Regardless, she's never sober. Literally. Mom's been over every day and Jackie's always yelling and screaming. She's a mess. Mom says she looks like absolute HELL. She wears like eighteen pounds of makeup... we went out for coffee a while back and she dressed like some cheap whore.. and Maddy keeps-"

"Asking for her, I know. I know, Zack. What... What am I gonna do?" I asked.

"Well." He laughed "What do you even wanna do? I mean... she's my sister, but I don't even have the energy to deal with that right now."

"I love her." I looked at the ceiling "I couldn't live with myself if she died-"

"She has a boyfriend, Matthew. She's dating someone. You have to move on."

I laughed and stood up "Move on? From the mother of my kid? From the love of my life? Move on while she... while... while she kills herself because she thinks this is normal for a kid her age?" I laughed "No."

"Well, finally, there's the Matt I know. God damn welcome back." He smiled "Lets go get my sister back.
♠ ♠ ♠
Enough for tonight, gonna go to bed. I have work tomorrow night then Wednesday early so I probably wont update till late wednesday cuz there's fireworks and shit :)

xoxoxoxoJ