Status: Slow But Sure

I'm Adopted: Vengeance Edition.

88

Jackie's POV

My head ached, and that's all I knew. I blinked my eyes open, not even attempting to adjust them to the light. All I wanted to do was crawl under my covers and die.

"Wakey wakey Jackie Bakeyyyy!"

I groaned at Zack's obnoxious voice and then equally at the pain in my foot "What the actual fuck." I muttered and sat up, noticing the bandage on my foot.

"You shattered glass at Matt then walked all in it and Jim bandaged it." Zack leaned against my bed and handed me two Tylenol and a glass of water. I nodded in thanks and downed them "So, what are your plans now?"

"For what?" I asked.

"Life." He shrugged.

"To not die." I mumbled and stood up, holding my head before it exploded off my body "I have an interview next week for some placement thing the facility set up for me, and a housing opportunity I guess." I shrugged.

"You're living here." Zack stood firm in his place as I began to take my top off.

"At least close your eyes, sicko." I laughed as he sat down and held a pillow infront of his face "So I'm staying here?"

"Yah, I want to keep an eye on you."

"So you don't trust me?" I laughed and slid off my tshirt and bra, grabbing a new bra and a tank top "I'm gonna go shower, stay here." I mumbled and walked out of the room to the bathroom. I quickly took an ice cold shower and wrapped a towel around my body, letting my soaking wet hair fall down my back as I walked down the hall. I realized he had moved from my room so I assumed he was in the kitchen. I grabbed a bra and put it on, shimmying into some yoga shorts and grabbing a tank top. I twisted my hair and began drying it as I walked into the kitchen, tossing my tank top onto the couch "Where were we-"

"Woah!"

"Jesus, Zack!" I screamed and covered my bra-clad chest with the towel "You could have mentioned company!"

"It's not like someone hasn't seen it before." Brian nudged Matt's arm as his face flushed.

I tossed the towel at Brian's head "I was more concerned about you." I snickered and sat down "But that interview, I have to go shopping." I rolled my eyes down and grabbed a coffee mug to fill.

"Uhm... shirt?" Zack asked.

"Does this bother you?" I asked "It's like a bikini..."

"Well.. Not really, but Olivias coming over-"

"Olivia?" I asked, leaning against the counter and sipping my coffee "Oh?"

"My girlfriend, yes." Zack laughed "Don't fuck with her ok?"

"I'm on a whole new page now, Zack. More... open and accepting. I'm no longer the cynic I used to be." I smiled and pressed my lips to my coffee cup "I'm zen, ok?"

"Zen." Brian chuckled "Last night was fuckin' zen."

I rolled my eyes "Even the most tolerant and centered yogis have moments... well.. not really but ok I'm working on it." I Laughed as they all rolled their eyes "I mean... or I could just use heroin to calm my nerves." I smirked as Zack threw a bagel at me "OH! That's tolerant."

I finished the sentence and sat down next to Brian as the doorbell rang.

"She still rings the bell?" Matt laughed.

"I told her mi casa whatever.. she's too polite she won't do it." Zack rolled his eyes and went to let Olivia in.

"So, quick thirty second run down on this chick." I crossed my legs under me and faced Brian. He laughed "Come onnnn!"

"She's a nice girl, adorable, we call her Liv... I don't know." He looked at Matt "Am I leaving anything out?"

"Not that I recall." Matt shrugged, I rolled my eyes.

"I"ll find her weak spot." I smiled.

"Zen my ass." Brian smirked as I leaned against him.

"You know it. I'm his sister after all." I smiled as I heard them approaching. First thing on my mind, what to call her that wasn't Liv. Lets give her a run..

"Alright, so they're all in here." I heard Zack's voice and draped my legs over Brian's lap.

"Oh here we go." He and Matt rolled their eyes as I smiled, leaning against Matt's shoulder, smiling up playfully at him.

Matt's POV

Jackie leaned against me and smiled up, she was trouble and Zack knew it. You could tell he knew what was up from his face the moment he walked in with Liv.

"So, Liv, this is Jackie." He gestured towards Jackie, her entire body sprawled across Brian and I as she drank her coffee.

"Hi! It's so nice to meet you! Zack's told me so much about you." Liv smiled and almost bounded in her place, she was literally perfect for Zack. Jackie sat unresponsive as Zack rolled his eyes.

"You have a voice. Say hi." Zack groaned.

"Hi." Jackie smiled "So... you tolerate these morons?" She asked. Liv's smile faultered.

"What?" She laughed "They're amazing, I figured you'd love them."

"I mean I do." Jackie sat up and laughed, leaning against the counter "But I'm like.. stuck with them. I'm related to Zack and like... have to deal with them. You voluntarilly chose them."

"Well I mean, Zack's pretty super!" She smiled, Jackie was visibly having a hard time giving her shit. Maybe it was the zen stopping her.

"Well whatever." Jackie flicked the ends of her hair and stood, wiggling her butt as her shorts rode up ever so slightly. I immediatly redirected my eyes to another clothless part of her body as Zack caught my eye.

"So, you gonna hang out with us or...?" Zack asked.

"Maybe. I should probably at some point go let my parents know I'm alive." Jackie shrugged as she refilled her coffee mug.

"Bad idea." Zack stared at her "I wouldn't-"

"OH!" Jackie laughed and smacked her palm on the counter "RIGHT! I forgot we're the same person." She laughed a little "NOT." She adjusted her bra "I'm going to go see my-"

"You aren't impressive." Zack crossed his arms.

"Oh damnit, because that was me entire plan by expressing my feelings towards visiting the humans who spawned me." Jackie rolled her eyes "Zack you're such a twat sometimes."

"Language." Brian mumbled and raised an eyebrow at Jackie, warning her.

"Oh what? You think y'all can just start telling me what to do?" She asked, cocking her head to the side "Like, don't do this, do that, don't do it this way, because we know best." Jackie threw her hands in the air.

"I don't think she's fucking around." I whispered into Brian's ear.

"I know, that's the scary part." He muttered as Zack kept his no shit taken stance.

"So you know what, if you're going to sit there, act like I'm fucking around, be a prick, and judge me, then you can go fuck yourself, Zachary." Jackie spat "I don't even want to live here."

"Well you're staying, so you can get that idea out of your fucking insane head." He laughed "You're gonna fight back but you're here for good. Until you can prove to me you're stable enough to be alone on a regular basis."

"You don't fucking trust me?!" Jackie shouted, her skin visibly coated with a light layer of sweat.

"Zack." I coughed.

"You think this is fucking funny?" She hissed "Yah I totally want to be stuck with my fucking brother who knows nothing about me-"

As Jackie let her mouth run, I attempted again to catch Zack's eye but before I could, Jackie was chest to chest with Zack.

"Don't you fucking touch me." She hissed as he backed her up gently "Don't you fucking touch me."

"You need to calm the fuck down Jaclyn." Brian stood up. Jackie put her hand up, her palm colliding with his chest as he advanced "Sit down, drink some water. You're sweating."

Jackie's eyes flickered from the floor to Brian and back again, her hands grasping her head "I... I have to go."

"Jackie!" Zack screamed as she shoved past him.

"Dude, she wasn't fucking. I tried to catch your attention. I'll be right back." I mumbled and pushed past them, following her as she ran upstairs, colliding with walls as she ran. "Jackie!" I shouted.

"I can't." She spoke, her voice was breaking as her skin began to sweat more.

"Calm down, what do you need?" I asked as she rifled through her drawers. "Jackie?" I asked as her fingers shook.

"I need my medication..." She chewed her lip.

"ZACK!" I screamed as she began tearing through every drawer im her room "BRIAN!"

Zack was soon standing in the doorway, jaw on the floor "What in the name of FUCK is going on?!" He asked.

"Where's... Where?" She asked frantically, clutching her head and spinning in circles looking around the room.

"Where's what? What??" Zack asked as he hesitantly walked in, Brian behind him, Liv standing in the hallway.

"Zack I need them, I can't. They're still in there.." She winced "I need it."

"Jackie, what do you need?" Zack asked.

"Her medicine, where'd you put it when you helped unpack her?" I asked, standing up and walking towards Jackie.

"No." She shook her head at me, I could see blood dripping from her lip "Don't do it. You don't want to do that." Her eyes shot up at me, her head facing forward.

"You need to relax, Zack's going to get your medication." I wrappde my arms around her, her body shaking me along with her. "He'll get them and it'll be ok." I whispered.

"I can't..." She mumbled.

"He's coming back and they'll stop." I looked down as she looked up in surprise "I know."

"Matt help.." She mumbled "I don't.."

"Which ones?!" Zack burst in with Jackie's Ziploc of bottles.

"L-L-lurasidone.." She mumbled.

"lurasidone." I repeated louder for Zack. He pulled out the bottle and handed it to Jackie. "How many?" I asked. She held up two shaky fingers. I handed her two and she put them in her mouth then reached to her nightstand for a glass of water I only assume Zack placed there earlier.

She swalled and sank to the floor slowly as my arms retracted from around her. She held her head in her hands as I looked up at Zack.

"I'll watch her. You guys go downstairs." I whispered as he nodded and ushered Brian and Liv from the room. I sat down next to Jackie as her back shook "Do you need anything else? Another one?" I asked. She shook her head and looked up, her eyes soaked with tears "Shhh, shhh, what's wrong? You're ok, we're here." I whispered as she burried her face into my shirt.

"I want to be normal." She choked on tears "I don't want to have to pop pills every time something upsets me." She whimpered "I hate my life."

"Stop." I wrapped my arm around her shoulders "Stop it, now. You're life is going to be fine. Zack, the guys, and I are all here for you Jackie. Every inch of the way." I whispered as her breathing steadied.

She sat still and stared at the wall infront of us, her fingers tracing circles in my palm as she whipsered things to herself. I caught a few words and it only broke my heart more.

It's building up inside of me
A place so dark, so cold, I had to set me free
Don't mourn for me,
You're not the one to place the blame
As bottles call my name I won't see you tonight


"Jackie.."

"I'm sorry." She whispered "I don't think I've apologized to you for everything I've done-"

"You don't need you, you're scared, you were afraid, confused... It's ok-"

"No, no no no it's not." She shook her head profusely. "I'm sorry. For everything." She looked up at me "For fucking everything up. For not being able to fix myself.. Losing our baby.." she looked down as tears spilled her eyes. That's when I knew what needed to happen. She needed this, she needed to talk. "I'm sorry for leaving you, I'm sorry for doing all of this," She gestured to her arms and the pills "I'm sorry, this made us lose the most miraculous thing in our lives." She wiped her eyes with her arm "I'm so.. so so so sorry."

"It's not your fault." I whispered as she looked up at me "I love you, and I did a really really shitty job showing you that. I shouldn't have gone on tour last year, I should have stayed home and postponed it. I should have helped you with Maddy. I shouldn't have just left. I'm sorry." I whispered as her eyes watered "Please... please stop crying. It's going to be ok."

"No.." She shook her head "Our baby's gone... and it's my fault, I fucked up. I went to rehab." She whispered.

"Jackie you needed help. It'll be ok. Stop worrying." I held her closer as she took a deep breath "Please promise me you'll stop worrying? And you'll remember to take your medication?" I asked as she chuckled "No really."

"I promise." She looked up at me "Thank you... after everything I said last night-"

"You were drunk. I've been there." I laughed as she laughed a little. Her smile breaking across her pale pink lips, illuminating her entire face and body.

"I'm way too lucky, I don't know how I managed that." She laughed and looked up at me, her fingers tracing a line down the side of my face "And how I got so lucky to have this human right here give so many shits about me after I've fucked up a thousand times."

"Only because I have one that cares as much right back." I whispered and leaned down, pressing my lips against her's. I anticipated her to pull back, but when her hand braced my shoulder and pulled closer, I took it as a go ahead and kissed her deeper. "I love you." I whispered against her lips.

"Matt.." There it was, the hesitation and pull. She looked me in the eyes "I can't fuck you over again.." She whispered.

I kissed her forehead and nodded "No matter what, I'm always here to listen and help." I smiled as she sat a little further away, nodding to herself "I'm gonna go tell Zack you're ok, I'll be back up in a few." I patted her shoulder as I stood and walked out.

"I'll be down soon, don't come back up.." She called out as I rounded the corner, shrugging to myself before walking downstairs.
♠ ♠ ♠
xxxoooo Jb