Status: Slow But Sure

I'm Adopted: Vengeance Edition.

89

Matt's POV

I had gone downstairs and Zack kept giving me judgemental looks. He knew, well lets be honest every one knew what happened. Brian kept elbowing me and smirking, and Zack just rolled his eyes.

"Be careful." He mumbled as Brian scrolled through movie selections. "I don't want her hurt again."

"It's ok, I don't think anythings going to come of it." I laughed and shrugged slightly "It was an in the moment kind of thing."

Zack looked towards the stairs as music erupted, he shrugged "At least she's getting better?"

"At least." Brian sighed "She'll be normal soon and then we'll be able to just have fun and not worry."

"I don't think I'll ever stop worrying." Zack stared off into space as the thought sunk in to all our heads.

It was true, I don't think any of us would consider our lives normal every again. Never would we be able to leave her unsupervised without worrying about what she was doing ever again. I lsitened to the music thumping from Jackie's room as Brian attempted arguing with Liv about movies and which one to watch. I don't think we'd honestly ever be normal again... any of us.

Jackie's POV

I wiggled my hips around as the Steve Aoki remix of Pursuit of Happiness blasted through my speakers, singing along with the words. That's what I was doing with my life. Working through the struggle on my pursuit of happiness. I let my hair down, falling over my mid back, and looked in the mirror. I was a mess once again. I sighed and ran to the bathroom, my music still audible from my room. I took my makeup off quickly and ran back to my room, ignoring the human sitting on my bed. My attention was on the fact I was going to go to the beach today.

I grabbed my makeup case and began applying foundation, blending in my cheekbones and then my eyes. Shadow, liner, and mascara. I blinked the lengthening mascara on and made silly faces with wide eyes in the mirror, smiling at the color I was regaining in my eyes. Last was my lips. I applied blush lipstick and smooshed my lips together, dancing along Avicii's Silhouettes as it came on my Pandora radio. I grabbed a hair elastic and put my hair up in a messy bun. I grabbed a small black bikini from my top drawer and slid my bra off.

"You could have warned me." Matt chuckled from my bed.

I shrugged "You've seen them before." I laughed and slid the bathingsuit top over my head, turning around as I tied the back "And don't act like you haven't." I smirked.

"Well fine then." He smiled, that twinkle in his eyes sending shivers up my spine once again. I shook the feeling and dropped my shorts, turning so all he could see was my ass. I bent down and slipped on my bottoms and adjusted the strings at my hips.

"Wow." Matt muttered as I looked back.

"Enjoying?" I asked, rolling my eyes.

"Well, ya, but... you've lost a lot of weight." He gestured to my body. "Like a lot more than the last time I saw you."

"That was what? Like seven months ago?" I let my hair down and wiggled along to Play Hard by David Guetta as I brushed out my hair. I could feel Matt's eyes set on my ass as I moved around. I caught his eye in the mirror and smiled.

"You're killing me." He smiled with his eyes.

"You walked in here." I shrugged and kept swaying along with the music.

"Can we talk?" He asked. I huffed, turned around, and placed my hands on the dressed behind me, propping myself up and sitting down.

"About?" I asked "What's there to talk about?"

"I miss you?" He smiled shyly, Matt was never shy.

"Matthew." I took a breath, I had to get past this. I could feel my hands shaking though so I reached in the top drawer where I kept my medication now and took two of my pills. I paused and took another breath "We've been over this-"

"We really haven't gone over it in depth though." He patted the bed next to him "And if you're gonna be flaunting that ass infront of me.. we need to set some boundaries."

"Boundaries!" I laughed. Out. Loud. Boundaries? Was I supposed to act any differently around him now? Was I Supposed to be more conservative now or something? Not to tourture him? Oh no. "No way in hell!" I laughed again.

"It's not fair-"

"That you're a moron?" I laughed "Oh Matt." I walked over and sat down infront of him, taking his chin in the tips of my fingers "I don't have to act any differently around you." I pulled his face close to mine, watching his eyes scan mine in confusion. "Don't try reading them." I smiled as he backed away slightly "One thing you learn, in this type of lifestyle, is how to hide emotion." I smiled as he frowned "There's nothing inside here that you'll recognize. No one you'll remember. She's gone."

"Jackie-"

"Matt." I mocked "So you know my name... but you don't know me anymore." I took his chin again and kissed his lips gently "You don't know me, and believe me... you don't want to." I sat back and played with the ends of my hair. "If I had a choice I'd run." I Looked up at him as he sat still like stone.

"I don't care, you're still Jackie to me." He crossed his arms, his tattoos moving with his muscles, causing my heart to stutter. I gulped "You're still my Jackie and I know it. She's in there."

I shook my head "Sweetie," I fake pouted "She's been gone since you let her walk out that bus door, what? Nine months ago?"

"Jaclyn-"

"Stop trying, you're only going to hurt yourself. She's not here, and not coming back." I stood up, pausing as Matt grabbed my hip and pulled me back so I was standing between his legs.

"She's there, you're just afraid of what she'll bring back." He stared me in the eyes.

Matt's POV

I was anticipating her reaction. I was either going to be slapped or she would lose it. Neither happened. She laughed.

"Afraid?" Jackie laughed "Oh Matthew, ohhh Matthew." She tossed her head back, her long brown hair tickling my hands at the added length. Her head snapped forward as she bent down once again, her face centimeters from mine "I'm not afraid of anything any more. I've been to Hell and back, I've seen the Devil, I've expirienced what it's like to be hanging on to my life with my fingernails on a cliff. I've been afraid, and lived. I'm not afraid of anything any more. Even myself."

"Then what is it?" I asked, trying to pry whatever I could from her. Because I knew something was there, something was causing this bullshit facade.

"Hate." She whispered "I hate who I used to be, and I'm changing." She walked over to her dresser and grabbed a tank top, sliding it on as her eyes locked mine "I'm going to be a better person and I'm going to take my life back, full strength, head on, it's my time to live and no one's going to stop me from doing whatever I want." She began walking out of the room.

"Get the fuck over here." I pointed in front of me. She walked over laughing "Stop being such a fake tough guy."

"You think this is fake? Oh please." She laughed as I grabbed her hips, stood up, and kissed her. Her body stiffened as she pulled me closer. I smiled into our kiss.

She shuffled us backwards towards the door and kicked it closed, taking the music remote from her nightstand and turning the volume up. She deepened the kiss as I pushed her against the bed, her knees buckling as she toppled backwards, a wide smile plastered across her face.

"You ready?" I asked, leaning down over her. Her fingers played with the brim of my shirt as she slowly removed it from my body.

"Yeah." She dug her nails gently into my shoulders "I want you."

"Good." I smiled and made my way ontop of her, removing her bikini as her lips hungrily attacked mine.
♠ ♠ ♠
So... I decided to explore my Pandora sexuality tonight xD hahaha Sammy Adams is my newest obsession... found that tonight. omg.

comments?? please?? grazi??

xxxxoooo j