Status: Complete ^_^

One Step Forward, Two Steps Back

Liar.

A week passed and Fallon never saw Draco once, not even in class. She did talk to Aiden about it, but he easily changed the subject. If there was one thing Aiden was good at, it would be redirecting a conversation.

It was now Saturday, and Fallon already finished all her homework; so having the benefit of being a prefect, she used the prefect’s bathroom.

As usual, no one occupied the bath, or even came close to the room itself. She turned on the tap and watched the multicoloured bubbles rush into their place. All her hair lay on the top of her head as she played with the soapy orbs encasing her body.

Fallon jerked her head around at the door opening. It was just Michael Corner, her fellow Ravenclaw prefect. “I’ll just come back later,” he said quickly and as suddenly as he appeared he left. Fallon sighed in relief. Minutes later the door opened again, without looking back she said, “I’m still not finished Michael, later doesn’t mean in a few minutes.”

“It’s not Michael.”

Fallon swivelled her whole body around and rested both her arms on the ledge. “Where have you been for the past week?” she asked putting on a smug face.

The tall blonde approached her. “None of your business,” he retorted as he started to undress.

Fallon squealed and covered her eyes. “You could’ve warned me! My god!”

Draco sniggered. “What’s the fun in that?” Then he jumped into the bath. Fallon brought her knees to her chest to hide her body the best she could. Draco floated towards her.

“Don’t, come any closer Draco Malfoy,” she warned as she gathered all the bubbles within arms reach to try and cover her exposed skin.

“Why? I’m not embarrassed,” he stated, a sly smirk plastered on his face.

“Neither am I. I just don’t think you deserve to see this body,” she voiced, running her hands up her arms, along her neck and she stopped just before her breasts. “Like what you see?” she whispered seductively. Draco nodded; he was one step away from her now and Fallon could see him biting his lip inside his mouth. In a blink of an eye, Draco’s lips were skimming hers, as if he was deciding if he should kiss her or not.

He leaned forward but she leaned back and she slipped away and swam to the other side.

“You’re a tease,” he accused drifting over to her yet again.

“I rejected you but you still try again,” she announced, laughing lightly. As soon as Draco was a foot away she’d moved to the other side. There was no way Fallon would fall for his wooing antics. Though, she would be lying if she said she didn’t take any delight from them.

“I’d try and try again for you Fallon,” he breathed still smirking. He placed his hands on either side of her small frame. He ducked in, until her palm contacted with the side of his face and she pushed it back. Fallon laughed at Draco’s face, it was that of a pout but it was contorted by her hand that squished half of his face.

“You’re cruel.”

“And you’re perverse,” she retorted, moving over to where her clothes were. “Turn around, please,” she asked politely, making to get out.

“Fine.” Fallon could tell Draco was pissed, but she actually couldn’t care less. If Draco wanted Fallon, he would have to, at the very least, become friends with her.

“Okay you can look now,” she announced just as she pulled on her cloak.

“You’re a buzz kill,” he sulked as he climbed out. Fallon quickly turned on her heels to hide her warming cheeks.

“You’re just mad because I don’t flaunt around naked like half the girls in the school,” she declared letting her hair fall loose onto her shoulders. She went over to the mirror and like any other girl, she fixed her hair and checked herself out. After she finished she turned the tap on for a quick drink. When she raised her head she saw Draco’s reflection in the mirror.

“Can I help you?” she asked softly, making eye contact in the mirror. Draco just moved closer behind her, wrapped his arms around her waist and rested his chin on her shoulder. “Draco,” Fallon sighed, frazzled by his actions. “Let go please, Draco. Just, let go!” she wriggled, her tone darkening as she finished speaking.

Draco inhaled her scent and his hold around her remained secured. “Why are you like this?” she questioned desperately clutching the sink between her whitening fingers. “You drive me insane when you’re always doing things like this,” her voice quivered and she revolved her body so she could look into his eyes properly. There had to be some clue there, hidden deep within the mass of his ice blue eyes.

“Say something god damn it!” The silence slowly suffocated her, making her anxious, antsy and pretty much downright mental.

“I don’t know what to say,” he mumbled as their bodies started to mould together. Fallon soundlessly gave into his endearment, snaking her arms to encircle his toned build.

“At least say were friends,” she suggested, leaning against him. If Fallon could hear it slip past Draco’s lips, she’d allow it to be true, because then it would be official.

“We’re friends Fallon,” he affirmed, pulling her closer, if it was even possible. Fallon relieved her pulsing muscles letting everything fall slack. He slowing untangled his arms from around her. “And that means we get along. Most of time.” Fallon nodded and rubbed her hands together.

“Well I have to study.” Draco’s facial features dropped.

“After that heart-felt moment, you’re leaving me?” Draco was astonished, not only did he show real emotions for the first time in a long time, but the one girl that he used all of his energy to hold back on, could easily leave without any feeling.

“I never thought you knew a heart-felt moment,” she teased as she ambled to the exit.

“Oh come on. You’re like the ice queen, while I, happen to have feelings,” Draco taunted wandering behind her.

“I’m the ice queen?”

“Definitely, not even hell could melt you’re frozen heart.” Draco smirked. Fallon scoffed, ignoring him as she walked on. “Friends tell friends the truth right?”

“You’re abusing your power as a friend Draco. A real friend knows what to say and what not to,” she informed him, kicking his bum as he ran in front of her. He stopped in a squat. Fallon just gave him a look when he glanced over his shoulder.

“Jump on,” he said delightedly.

“Oh what the hell,” she smiled and hopped on, swinging her legs as they meander the halls.