Status: DONE

The Challenge He'd Been Waiting For

You Burnt the Bridge that You Walked Here on

Jack leaned against one of the spare speakers on the back of the stage, watching Hey Monday perform. He did his best to set his eyes on Cassadee when he felt like she was going to check if he was watching, but majority of the time he was staring out at the crowd, imagining he was playing. He didn't want to act like he was with her, he could never see himself dating her. Even if there was no Alex.

What Jack hated the most was that this was upsetting his boyfriend. But the way he saw it, someone had to divert the attention of the media until they were ready to come out and tell the world. He wanted to do as much as he could before the world found out about Alexis, he also knew that he should just be there for his boyfriend before things got out of hand. He was confused and didn't know which one would do more good.

As the set ended, he braced himself for to play with reality. He did not love Alex and had a thing for Cassedee every time he saw her. He would pretend that all he needed was her, that everything would be just fine.

"How did I do?" she asked, brushing aside her blonde streak.

"You?"

Her face dissolved into confusion.

"You were out there with other people, without them it would of just been a vocal solo."

Cassadee arched her brows, "Where are we going to eat?"

"Best restaurant in town, according to our bus' guard. It's not that far away, we could walk or call a cab."

"Well, I'll go get ready."

He grabbed her arm to keep her from walking off the stage, "It's only four in the afternoon, my band plays in a couple hours. I don't want to be back late by some chance... and I've got a signing to attend."

"Oh right."

"I'll stop by your bus after the kids leave, by the time a cab gets here we shouldn't get ambushed by crazy fans or journalists."

Jack didn't wait for her response. He walked off the stage and headed toward the Glamour Kills tent, where he knew his friends would be appearing at any moment. A smiled spread on his face as he spotted his boyfriend, he wanted to run up to him and just make out with him right then and there. And he hated that he couldn't do the stuff they did at home.

Alex and Rian got to the tent first, trying to stay out of sight of the fans who were already lining up. Jack went behind his boyfriend and hugged him, knowing that he could get away with a gesture as simple as that. He grinned as his boyfriend leaned back into the hug, pressing their bodies against one another. They parted as Zack arrived, knowing that it was now time to bond with their fans.

"Ready?" Marky pushed up his glasses before handing them sharpies, "Thanks boys."

~x~

"Don't fall for her, you promise me," Alex said running his hands over Jack's chest.

"I promise," he agreed as he kissed his boyfriend.

"Don't spend to much on her, you owe me dinner still... And we need to save up for Alexis, if you're still in on that."

Jack cupped his boyfriend's cheek, "I'm never leaving you. I'm never letting you down. She's going to see the best doctor on this planet and she is going to be just fine."

"I love you."

"I love you too," he replied giving Alex a long kiss before standing up, "try to enjoy your night."

The lanky boy walked out of the bus into the fresh air of the darkening night. He stared up at the clearness of the stars in the small town as he crossed the parking lot towards the Hey Monday bus. He didn't even get to knock on the door, it swung open before he could approach it. The bouncy girl popped out and showed him her teeth before grabbing his arm.

"Um, hi?"

"Hi Jack, I cannot wait for our date."

"Oh I can tell," he muttered glumly as he lead her toward where he'd informed the taxi driver to go. "How was the rest of your evening?"

"I spent it getting ready, so exciting I guess."

Jack forced a smile and ran a hand over his face as he watched her get into the vehicle. He couldn't do this, but he didn't have it in him to dump her right there. Barakat knew that he needed a little more time with Alex to discuss coming out... He just wished he had another time to buy time.
♠ ♠ ♠
Guess who's back!?

I was getting tiered of looking at this story on my page and seeing the words hiatus next to it, so I figured I'd give it another shot. I really have no ideas for this story, and it's really showing. But the only way I can come up with them, is by trying and having you guys to push me.