All Is Fair

The Zoo

Day Two

"You're in a dress?" Sisky asked looking at me funny the next morning.

I glared back at him. I was in fact in a dress, but not by my own choice. Someone probably Heaven had cut all my pants and shorts to ribbons. So now I had to wear was a black dress that came down to my knees and made me look pregnant and a plaid red one that showed half my ass if i tried to pick anything up. I had gone with the lesser of two evils and was wearing the red one.

"And your breath smells like you haven't brushed your teeth in two weeks" I snapped back not in the mood for his comments on my cloths.

"Ouch" William chuckled and added to me "I think you look nice"

I smiled and then turned and stuck my tongue out at Heaven, earning myself a weird look from William and a glare from Heaven.

"Guess what you two are doing today" Tarra smiled walking down the stairs paint brush in hand.

Heaven and I looked at each other before we both jumped off the couch and made a run for the door. I could hear William and Adam laughing from the living room as Tarra shouted our names and we came back looking like puppies who gotten caught peeing on the rug.

We both took the paint brushes and looked at the kitchen in sadness. According to Tarra egg was a natural paint thinner so every time Heaven and I managed to get egg on her wall, which sadly happened often, we were forced to repaint the entire kitchen and Tarra picked a new color every time so we couldn't get away with missing any spots. You would think we would learn our lessons but sadly that was not the case.

"This is your fault" I growled standing on a ladder trying to reach the top of the wall.

It's times like this I wish I was taller.

"You started it" Heaven snapped back.

"Well you are the one who hit the wall with egg"

"Maybe you should have let it hit you"

We glared at each other.

"How is it going?" William smiled leaning in the doorway.

"I'm too short" I pouted "Could you help me out a little?"

William smiled and took the paintbrush from me and took a couple steps up the ladder behind me and started painting the very top of the wall.

I smirked at Heaven who stuck her tongue out at me. Normally she would have pushed the ladder over but she probably didn't want to end up hurting William, because of course it didn't matter if I broke a couple bones.

"There you go" William smiled stepping down from the ladder.

I got down almost as fast to keep Heaven from, carrying out the evil plan that i knew was brewing in her mind.

"Thank you" I smiled back and took the paint brush from him, Which in turn dripped paint in Heaven's hair.

"Oh I'm sorry" I smiled at her and moved to miss her flying paintbrush which hit the other wall that we had already painted. I shrugged and smoothed out the paint with my own paintbrush and quickly got the paint off the floor so Tarra wouldn't make us re-tile her floor next. She hadn't done it yet but I could see her doing so.

"All done?" William smiled.

I looked around the kitchen "I think so"

"Good, Adam and I are going to the zoo. You guys want to come?"

"Not before you do the second coat on that paint!" came Tarra's voice from upstairs.

Heaven and looked at each other before each of us grabbed one of William's hands and quickly started running towards the door, him smiling at both of us.

"What about Sisky?"

"Shhh!" Heave and I both hushed as we opened the front door and ran away quickly as we heard Tarra yelling behind us about her kitchen.

"Keys. Where are the keys Heaven?" I asked searching my pockets.

"Why are you asking me? They're your keys!"

"You didn't grab Ranger's keys?" I pouted.

"Who is Ranger?" William asked looking confused.

"My baby" I smiled.

William eyes got wide "Y-You have a b-baby?"

"No, my truck" I smiled "1990 Silver Ford Ranger. Also known as Ranger"

"And you don't have the keys?" he asked his expression calming.

I shook my head.

"Then how are we getting to the zoo?"

"Nicole goes in and gets her keys" Heaven smiled.

"And then Tarra catches me and makes me do the second coat by myself?"

"Exactly"

I smirked "And how are you going to get to the zoo without a car or license?"

"Shut up" she pouted.

"That's what I thought"

"We could call Sisky and have him grab your keys on his way out of the apartment" William shrugged.

We both stared at him.

"What?" he asked after a moment. "Did I say something wrong?"

"No" Heaven shook her head "We just didn't think of it first"

William pulled out his cell phone and dialed Sisky's number.

"Hey man" William greeted after a moment "Yeah do you know where Nicole keeps her keys?"

Pause

"Okay do you know where she keeps Ranger's keys"

Pause

"Good grab them and meet us at her truck"

Pause

William rolled his eyes "Okay grab them and meet us at Ranger"

Pause

"Bye man" he closed his phone and looked at me "You trained Sisky well"

I smiled "My baby has a name and it will be used"

"Shell train you sooner or later" Heaven added.

"Good luck"

I smirked "I like a challenge"

"Like finishing painting the kitchen" a voice growled.

The three of us turned around and saw Tarra standing there holding Adam by his ear who looked to be in a lot of pain.

"She caught me taking Ranger's keys" Sisky wined.

"So you told her we were out here?" Heaven asked.

"Well it's not like I would be taking them for myself! Nicole shoots anyone who even tries to touch Ranger without her permission, let alone let someone get away with driving him"

"And now you two are going to get your butts back inside and finish that kitchen!" Tarra growled.

Heaven and I looked at each other.

"Don't even-"Tarra began but Heaven and I took off running before she could finish.

We knew Tarra wouldn't chase us. We had to come home sooner or later. However I had not expected William to follow us, he quickly caught up with his long legs. We collapsed a few block away in laughter. William smiled at Heaven and I as we lay on the ground laughing.

"Tarra is going to kill us when we get home tonight" Heaven smiled.

"She will probably make us stay up until it done"

"Remember the time you fell asleep on the kitchen floor cuddled with a paint brush?"

I laughed "I had paint all over my face when I woke up"

"Does Tarra always make you paint the kitchen?" William asked smiling.

"Only when she thinks we ruin the walls" I answered helping Heaven off the ground.

"So now what?"

Heaven and I shrugged.

"No way to get to the zoo now" I commented.

"How about the Cafe down the street?" William asked.

"Okay" Heaven smiled linking arm with William's and I held on to his other one.

We hadn't even taken five steps before Heaven managed to trip me and make me fall on my face.

I winced sitting up and holding my now bloody nose.

"Are you okay?" William asked looking worried.

"I'm fine" I answered tilting my head back and pinching the bridge of my nose. I had to keep myself from adding 'as soon as I kill Heaven'.