‹ Prequel: Letters From Ellie
Status: Getting there.

Far From Over: A Billie Joe Story

Deal

Ellie stares at me, speechless. Tysen does the same, but he has a disgusted look on his face.

"Tysen, I can explain," I start, stuttering a little. He slowly shakes his head.

"I saw her body, I know she's dead-" He says before Ellie stands and walks into the kitchen without a sound. Her bare feet make no sound on the hardwood floors.

"I am," she says just loud enough for us to hear. "I really don't feel like explaining again, dear." Tysen looks at her with the most confused expression on his face.

"It's her, Tysen," I whisper, receiving his stare. "There's this place called In-Between-"

"Purgatory?"

"No," Ellie says, opening the refrigerator door.

"The people that killed themselves go there," I continue. "She's been there since she died. She chose to come back here so maybe by being around me and talking everything out, she'll be able to move on and go to Heaven." Ellie comes back in and smiles as she sinks down to the floor. She crosses her legs again and sighs.

"Pretty well explained." She looks up at Tysen. "But you can't tell anyone I'm here. Only three other people can know."

"Which will be Robbie, Mike, and Tre," I say. He stands motionless for about a minute, trying to absorb everything.

"So," he says, drawing it out. "You're really Ellie?" She nods with a wide smile on her face. She reaches her arms out toward him for a hug and I saw something-knowledge-flash across his face. He remembers her doing that when she was alive. He reaches down and wraps his arms around her waist, squeezing as hard as he could without hurting her. She wraps her arms around his neck, doing the same.

Of course, Christian says.

Aren't you happy for them?

No! I loved her! Nothing is gonna happen if he's still in the picture!

She loves him more than anything else, Christian.

Besides Robbie.

Well, yeah. Because he was her father figure when she really needed it.

But I could take care of her. The only reason I haven't showed signs of moving on is because I can't stand to be away from her. I was always there when she woke everyone else up by screaming bloody murder, I was the one that was comforting her and telling her everything was gonna be all right, I was the one

I get it. He sighs.

It won't be the same now that they'll be able to share a final goodbye.

She'll be able to move on.

But she's always going to remember him. And I won't be able to deal with that.

You'll have to.

But I can't! I need to watch over her and make sure she stays safe!

And you think I'm not trying to do that?

I don't know, Armstrong, I really don't understand any of the shit that goes through your head anymore.
♠ ♠ ♠
I don't even know what to call this, lol. Kind of an insight on how Christian feels and all that...
I have another new story :D it's called My Shallow Heart's The Only Thing That's Beating :) so check it out cos I really don't know if I should keep going with it :/
Comment :)
<3 - Katelyn