‹ Prequel: Letters From Ellie
Status: Getting there.

Far From Over: A Billie Joe Story

Stay (Ellie's POV)

I don't say anything, so Robbie cracks the door open more and looks in.

"Baby girl," he asks quietly. My muscles tense and I give him a cold look. He walks in and shuts the door behind himself. He sits down in front of me as I avoid his gaze. He doesn't say anything as I stare downward. I jump as he grabs my hands. I look at him from under my hair and he gives me a concerned yet serious look.

"Stop trying to crack your knuckles." He watches me for a few seconds before I try pulling my hands out of his grasp. He doesn't let go. "We need to talk, Ellie-"

"No, we don't," I rush out, feeling panicked. He notices. He soothingly starts moving his thumbs back and forth across the back of my hands. I let out a long, shaky breath.

"Calm down," he whispers slowly. "You're fine." I nod and close my eyes, trying to put my rapid heart rate at ease. When I finally open my eyes, I see a small smile on Robbie's face.

"What," I ask. He shakes his head.

"I just can't believe I'm sitting here with you again,' he replies. "I missed you so much."

"I know," I murmur, looking down again. He takes one of his hands away and lifts my chin up with his index finger so I'm staring directly at him.

"I'm sorry I scared you." The smile fades and his expression turns stern. "I was just really mad and-"

"I know." He sighs.

"I hate him alot right now. I've hated him since the day I met you and I found out what he put you through. I really wish I could put a gun to his head and make him beg for me to not pull the trigger." I stare at him, not sure what to say. He continues. "But I can't do that. If I do, you won't have the chance to move on and I'll be stuck in jail, unable to spend anymore time with you. I love you, El. More than anything else in the world and I don't ever want to have to go through the pain of losing you again." I tilt my head slightly.

"Please don't say you're asking me to stay..." I trail off. He watches me for a couple seconds as he waits for my reaction. I feel like I got punched in the stomach. My mouth opens a little in shock. "I-I can't, Rob. I can't s-stay here, not with B-Billie-"

"Ellie, stop," he whispers, rubbing my arm. "It's all right, I'm not asking you to stay with Billie." I take deep breaths and look back up at him when I feel okay a minute later.

"Then what are you asking," I say almost inaudibly. He hesitates.

"What about staying with me?" I look down at my two small hands in his one hand and relax slightly.

"I can't," I whisper. "It'd be easier to end all of this if I'm around Billie." I meet his gaze. "As much as I don't want to be." He looks at the door, then back at me.

"What if I stay here, then?"

"As in live here?" He nods.

"Until you leave. Tysen wants to, I could already guess that. He'll never want to leave your side."

"It's Billie's house. Ask him." His thumb starts moving across my hands again.

"But would you be okay with it?" I nod.

"I guess. It'd be easier with you and Tysen here than if it was just me and Billie alone." He sighs again.

"Okay. Then we can go back downstairs and tlak to them about it." He gives my hands a gentle squeeze before standing and pulling me up with him.

"Robbie," I ask when he walks over to the door.

"Yes," he asks. I hold out my arms and he smiles. He walks over and I hold onto him as he wraps his arms around my shoulders. I squeeze as if I'll never let go.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh. My. God. First update in over two months. I am so sorry. This story lost me, it really did, like I had NO idea what to do with it. After thinking for a while, I'm pretty sure I know what's going to happen and when, so updates should definitely be more frequent now.
Thanks for sticking by, guys.
<3 - Katelyn