‹ Prequel: Letters From Ellie
Status: Getting there.

Far From Over: A Billie Joe Story

Decision

I walk out of Susan's office and out to the parking lot after agreeing to come back tomorrow. I drive back home, thinking of what I'm gonna do next. Pulling into the driveway, I notice Robbie's blue Ford Explorer parked behind Tre's SUV. I get out of the car and walk down to the studio. Mike and Tre are sitting with Robbie and Tysen along with an empty chair.

"How'd it go," Mike asks as I sit down.

"Fine," I murmur. "I came up with an idea."

"What is it," Tre inquires. I feel Tysen's hateful glare on me.

"There are other girls that are going through exactly what El"-Robbie cringes-"went through. What if I published her Christian and Gloria notebook to kind of help those other girls?"

"How would exploiting your dead daughter help anyone," Tysen says. More regret and guilt wash over me.

"Then they'll know they're not alone." His expression changes and he looks more understanding. I look at Robbie. "Are you okay with that?" He shrugs.

"Why would my opinion matter," he asks hoarsely. "She's your daughter, not mine."

"She is as much your daughter as she is mine, if not more. She loved you more than anyone else." I hold his stare as I pause for a few seconds. "Your opinion matters more than mine when it comes to Ellie." He looks down and we all stay silent for a while. I pick up the guitar after about ten minutes and start randomly playing "Boulevard Of Broken Dreams".

"That was El's favourite song," Mike says quietly. I stop playing and look at him.

"Why do you think that's the song I always choose to play when no one's talking?" Everyone turns silent again as I play all the way through the song without singing. When it's over, Tysen takes a shaky deep breath, causing me to look up at him.

"You miss her," I say. He meets my gaze with his pained eyes.

"Not as much as you do."
♠ ♠ ♠
Really sorry this is so short, but I needed it to end like that for what's gonna happen. I'm thinking this story won't be any near as long as the others, but it'll be a good conclusion.
Comment :)
<3 - Katelyn