We Come Out At Night 4

Chapter 20

--------------
Shadows
--------------

I left The Rev to go down to the main floor of the casino. Motherfucker pissed me off. All of a sudden now he’s the overprotective “husband.” What happened to the days when no girl was more important than our friendship?

As I stepped off the elevator and headed towards my office, I ran into Gates. He had just returned from spending the entire day at the hospital with Kristina. Poor guy cant catch a break when it comes to her.

We walked in step together as we made our way to my office. Neither one of us said a word, but both had the same thought in mind. Marco. Gates waited behind me as I slid the key in to the lock and turned the door knob. When the door was open, I walked inside while Gates followed behind and went straight to the liquor cabinet. I sat behind my desk while he poured himself a stiff drink.

“I sent Christ to see when he could find out. Chelsea probably knows some girls over there she could probably get him some information.”

I nodded and focused my gaze on a pen that sat on my desk. I knew he was trying to help, but I also knew he was angry and probably more so than I was. I knew that the more time that passed the worse things would get for Izzy.

“We need to act fast, find out where Izzy is and get her out of there. We can deal with Marco when Izzy is safe.” What he did to her the last time he took her from me was horrible, I know this time it will be much more harsh if we wait any longer. I picked up the pen and held it between my fingers.

“When and how?” He asked.

I picked up the bottle of liquor that he had set on the desk and poured myself a shot. “Remember when I had The Rev question London about the Maker’s Marc?”

“Yeah.” he nodded.

“London said there was a private room in Marco’s office and he told her he was expecting a special guest.”

“mmm hmm” Gates looked at me over the rim of his glass as he sipped his drink. “How are we supposed to get in there?”

That was the damn question that had been beating around in my head all damn day. I had gone to see The Rev in hopes that he would give me London, but he went all upstanding citizen on me. “I have an idea; I just need to talk to Vengeance first.” I don’t know what he was planning, but if it involved Vengeance, it was probably going to get dirty.

“Gates, I really don’t want to wait. Marco could be doing God knows what to Izzy right now. I need to get her out of there.”

“I know.” He nodded. “I think we need to sleep on it and meet back here in the morning.”

That wasn’t a good enough answer, but I didn’t really have much of a choice. I couldn’t pull this off alone with all the men Marco had at The Maker’s Marc. All I wanted to do was get Izzy home where she belonged. “Fine, we meet here early and bring Vengeance.”

Gates nodded and set his empty glass down on the desk before leaving. Now alone, I sat and wondered what Izzy was doing right now.

----------------------------------
The Following Morning…
The Rev
----------------------------------

As I felt myself coming out of sleep, I yawned and kept my eyes closed as I reached for my wife. My arm fell flat on cold sheets where she had slept beside me the night before. “London?” I mumbled her name not wanting to open my eyes to the early morning sun. When she didn’t answer, I had no choice.

I opened my eyes and looked towards the bathroom, the door was open, so she couldn’t have been in there. “London?” I called out her name again, but still no answer. After swinging my legs over the side of the bed, I stood up and stretched. She was probably in the kitchen making coffee.

My arms stretched over my head before I walked over to the closet and pulled out a pair of sweat pants. After pulling them on under my robe, I walked out of the bedroom to the kitchen, but found it empty. “LONDON?” I yelled her name now, wondering where the hell she could be, but still no answer.

It was all I could do not to let the panic set in as I searched the rest of my floor room-by-room looking for my wife. My search came up completely empty. “There’s no way she left me.” I spoke to no one but myself as I stood in the center of the living room.

I kicked the couch and cursed myself for not having shoes on when I did it. It fucking hurt! When I went back to my bedroom, I got dressed as fast as I could and went back out to the living room to put my shoes on. As I sat on the couch, my eyes landed on the coffee table. A note sat right in front of my eyes right there on the coffee table. As I opened up the folded piece of paper, I had a sick feeling this wasn’t going to be a nice note.

Jimmy,

I want your forgiveness more than anything, so I am going to make this right. I’m going to The Maker’s Marc to get Izzy back for you. Please don’t be angry with me.

Xoxo
London


I set the note down on the table and put my shoes on as calmly as I could. When I stood up I couldn’t contain myself anymore. I kicked the coffee table with all the force I could manage. The tablet flipped over and the glass top cracked right down the middle.

“FUCK!” I yelled as loud as I could. I couldn’t believe London could be so fucking stupid. As I headed out of the living room and down the hall to the elevator, I had one thought on my mind. Getting London out of The Maker’s Marc and wringing her god damn neck.

After reaching the ground floor, I headed straight to Shadows office. I didn’t even bother to knock, I just walked right in. What I saw before my eyes had forced an uncontrollable gasp. “Fuck and I thought my day started like shit.”

Shadows stopped the DVD player and threw the remote clear across the office.
He looked at Gates first and then over to me. “I want her dead.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Next chapter goes here ---> We Come Out At Night 5