We Come Out At Night 4

Chapter 19

--------------
The Rev
--------------

I had every intention of spending the day unwinding and not dealing with any of the drama and bullshit that the others were dealing with, but I’m assuming I would be yanked into it once again somehow.

As for now though, I had other things on my mind. It was cloudy and breezy today, so rather than going out anywhere, I spent the entire day with London. Now, we sit alone in the bedroom on the floor on front of the fireplace. London sat in front of me in between my legs with a white blanket draped over the two of us. Her head was nestled between my shoulder and the crook of my neck. In this moment, I am fully content.

We could have sat in front of that fire all night not saying a single word to each other and just watching the logs burn in the fire. London pulled a stick from the fire and carefully pulled the marshmallow off and slipped it into my mouth. She laughed at me just before kissing the remaining marshmallow off the corner of my mouth. I couldn’t have asked for a more perfect night. “You made a mess.” She laughed and continued to kiss the last of the marshmallow off me.

“No, you made a mess of me and I am beginning to think you did it on purpose just so you could kiss me.” She laughed and rested her head back on my shoulder again.

I rested my hands on her stomach underneath the blanket and kissed her head. “We’re going to need more wood in the fire soon.” She sighed.

“hmmm how about we let the fire die out and just go inside and watch television?” I asked.

“No.” She turned and put her arms around my neck and looked at me disapprovingly. “Why can’t we stay like this?”

“It was just a suggestion, we can stay right here if you really want to.” She smiled and put her head back down on my shoulder.

“Want another marshmallow?” She asked.

I shook my head no. “I’ve had my fill, but if you really want to just kiss me again, you don’t have to use the marshmallows as an excuse, I wont mind.” She laughed again and lifted her head to kiss me. I held her close and deepened the kiss. When she finally pulled her lips away from mine she tilted her head to the side and looked at me curiously.

“You’re face is lovely.” She smiled. I have heard many a thing about my looks, but that was a first.

“Lovely?” I asked raising an eyebrow.

She laughed again and cupped my face in her hands. “Yes, lovely. You have kind eyes that one could stare into all day long and nose so perfect even a plastic surgeon would be jealous. You have lips that give the perfect kiss. It’s lovely.”

I didn’t know what to say to that. No one had actually given me an account of my features the way that she just did and when I was about to respond with my lovely lips, I was rudely interrupted.

“REV!”

“Fuck” I whispered against her lips when I heard Shadows call my name. “Stay here.” London leaned forward so I could get up and when I stood I pulled on my robe and walked out to the living room.

“This better be good!” I lit a cigarette and walked over to the couch and sat down where Shadows was sitting. “What the hell?” To say I was annoyed was an understatement.

“Marco has Izzy.”

“Ok, so why are you here and not there trying to get her back?” I tried, but I couldn’t keep my annoyance at bay.

“Because you have been there twice to get her out and I need your help. More specifically, I want London.”

“London?”

“Yes, London. I know I told you that you could be the one to have the revenge on her, but now the situation has changed. I want her to go to The Maker’s Marc.”

I leaned forward and put out the cigarette. “And do what?”

“Give herself up for Izzy.”

“No, absolutely not.” I shook my head adamant that I wasn’t going to allow it to happen. He’d already used Kristina as bait twice and that didn’t work out to well.

“Jimmy she owes us for her part in this. If you don’t give her to me, I’ll take her myself.”

“You’ll do no such fucking thing!” I stood up practically challenging him to defy me.

He ran his hands over his face and then shook his head as he looked at me. “Don’t tell me you actually have feelings for London.”

“If you want my help, fine, but you will leave London out of the equation.”

“Jesus Jimmy, this is Izzy I’m talking about. What the fuck does it matter if we send London back there?”

I couldn’t believe how selfish he was being. “Have you ever once stopped to think about anyone other than yourself for once? I’m not putting another person in danger just so you can get Izzy back.”

Now it was he who stood. “I thought you put your rift with Izzy behind you.”

He just doesn’t get it. It wasn’t about the rift with Izzy. “I think you better leave.”

“Some fucking friend you are.” He mumbled and walked out of the living room.
Well, so much for my perfect night with London. He pissed me off, really pissed me off.

I walked back into the bedroom and saw London sitting on the bed with her robe on and her head hanging low while her hands rested in her lap. I don’t know what had her mood change from happy to sad, but I walked over to where she was sitting and knelt down in front of her. “You’re crying.”She wiped her tears from her face and looked into my eyes. “What’s the matter?”

“I heard everything.” She said and looked away from me. “I’m not proud of what I did, but I am sorry.” He voice had cracked and I knew she meant it.

I grabbed her hands and held them in mine forcing her to look at me. “I know why you did what you did.” She looked at me with eyes glazed over and I got up and sat next to her on the bed. “I know you’re sorry and you didn’t mean to hurt anyone, but it’s going to take a little time for the other guys to understand that.”

“Jimmy, I don’t want to go to The Maker’s Marc. I’ll do anything to make it up to you, but please don’t make me do that.”

I put my arm around her shoulder and kissed her temple. “You’ve already done enough.”

“Are you ever going to be able to forgive me?” She wiped her eyes as more tears started to spill over.

“In time.” I nodded. “I wont hold it against you anymore though. I just hope you have no other secrets.”

“I don’t, I swear.”

“Ok.” I got up and pulled the covers back from the bed and waited for her to get in. After getting in beside her, I pulled the covers up over the two of us and turned out the lights. There was still a faint light from the fireplace as what was left of the fire had yet to burn out. When I laid down, I pulled her close to me and held my arms around her.

“Jimmy?” She turned her head back to look at me as she said my name.

“Yes?”

“Do you think you’ll ever love me?”

“I already do.” I kissed her lips and squeezed her in my arms. “Go to sleep, Sugar Plum.” I stayed awake listening to her breath until she fell asleep. Only then did I close my own eyes and let myself drift off.