Status: Hiatus until I finish Gone Twisted

Wolf's Creek

Leaving Home

"What?!"

"You heard me... Victor is coming tomorrow to visit his happy, air kicking, healthy, ALIVE son."

"But he's not alive..."

"Exactly, that's were our problem lies"

"We're screwed...no scratch that... we're dead, Victors next meal, the Grim Reapers next address..." Chris muttered under her breath.

Silence followed as the two werewolves and the vampire panicked.

"You cant stay here." Jack interrupted our despair. Our heads turned to looked at him.

"And were do you propose we go?" I asked with an undertone that showed that I was about to give up.

"Out of town, far away. Leave the work here to us, we'll make sure that he wont get on your tracks too fast. Don't worry..." He flipped open his phone and started to call over some of his fellow Vampires in order to help us pack everything up and erase all traces of us ever having set a foot in this apartment. He only stopped once to tell us to start packing our stuff. Which we hurried to quickly.

10 hours after Mandrik's death, we were sitting in Chris's old pick-up. We had only packed the most essential stuff, such as cloths and money while storing all of our other stuff in Jack's cellar.

"All right you guys, this is it, everything is packed and stored. Now just drive as far as you can and search for a pack that can protect you guys from Victors wrath." Jack looked down at his hand and then brought it up relieving that he was holding a map of Washington."Here. I've circled a few places were you can find other Werewolves as well as Vampires. Here see, those green circles are the places where you will find Werewolves. And the blue circles are Vampire territories. Try to go to these only if absolutely necessary. Then also I circled the towns in which Victor has allies in red, you should not go into these places at any cost... Understood?" Chris and I looked at the map and then smiled at Jack.

"Thank you, Jack. We'll really miss you, even though you smell of rotten meat." Chris said while leaning over me to give him a small peck on the cheek. Once she sat back I leaned out of the open window and gave him a hug. "See you soon."

And with that we drove off. Not knowing what will await us nor how long it'll be till Victor will be on our tracks - because face it, how much can you trust a Vampire to do a Werewolf's job?

10 hours later I was starring at the map in despair. "We're lost. Absolutely lost." I cried while turning the map in the hope of finding the place where we are.

"No, Rain, we aren't lost." Chris argued

"Oh yeah?? We aren't? Then when are we?!" I fumed at her.

Chris paused and let her gaze sweep over the deep dark forest we found ourself in. Everything was tainted in a dark green colour and smelled of wet, fertile forest. Being in this forest divided my feelings.

For one I felt very comfortable, being surrounded by all these tall trees and smelling this fresh, non-polluted air. Furthermore, I hadn't felt this sense of security since a long time.

However. this security also scared me because since my turning I had never lived in this kind of environment before and I wasn't as focused as I normally am. Chris spoke. "We're exactly were I wanted us to be." I glanced at her and sighed.

"Oh yeah?"

"Yeah"

"And where is that?"

"Here."

I sighed, giving up. You can't argue with her, trust me. Defeated I said: "Lets find a place where we can stay for the night and get some rest. Sound good?"

"Sure, how about the clearing over there?" Chris answered grinning. I looked at the place she pointed at and saw that a little further ahead, hidden behind a couple layers of trees was a small clearing.

"Can't get the car there..." I answered and started folding the road map once again.

"Hm, then how about just staying parked right here and sleeping in the car?"

"Sounds like a plan!" I grinned and quickly we parked the car on the side of the road and jumped out of it to grab some stuff from our back seats.

"I'm taking the seats, you can use the back." Chris said, making me sigh as I glanced at the metal floor that would be my bed for the night.

"Yey" I sighed sarcastically and tried to move around the boxes in the hope of finding a comfortable place to sleep. Failing miserably, I gave into my fate and hugged my blankets close to my body - cocooning myself in them.

While slowly drifting into sleep I thought back at our time in NYC and Sleepersville... its already the second time that I we fled our home... Will we ever find peace in this life?
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys, I know kind of short... but I'm in hope that due to your wonderful comments I'll be motivated into longer chapters!

Hope you liked it!
Comments! pwease!