Sequel: Angel Needed

Hero Needed

Please, Help Me!

Blair's

I heard a crash downstairs and cured. What the fuck did they break now? Mandy and Jose' were always breaking things when they drank. Then the screaming started.

My breath caught in my throat. Oh, god, what did they do. Valex....My step-brother...They always tortured him, but not like this. He was shrieking, begging for the pain to stop. I could hear it clearly and I was in the attic...Fuck. Valex, here I come.

I threw my book into the corner of the room and ran down the stair to the first floor. Breathing heavily, I turned the corner and skidded to a stop when I reached the kitchen.

Valexander was huddled on the floor, clutching his face, blood streaking down his hand. Broken glass surrounded him, sparkling in the dim light. Mandy was still sipping her beer, leaning against the island counter. Jose' was standing over Valex, staring down at him with cold eyes.

I clenched my jaw and pushed him aside, kneeling down next to Valex. He opened his good eye. Tears ran down his cheeks. It hurt me to see him like this. "Blair," he whispered, reaching out to me.

I took his hand and pulled him into my arm, taking my cell out of my pocket. I let it ring, knowing that they could track the call in thirty seconds. If I answered, Jose' would have tried to do something to us. I didn't want to endanger Valex.

"where the hell do you think you're taking him," Jose' spat as I walked toward the front door to wait for the ambulance.

"To the hospital," I growled, opening the front door.

"You will leave the boy!"

"Ha! Don't fucking kid yourself. There is no way I'm leaving him here." I slammed the door shut behind me and sat down on the porch, cradling Valex in my arms. "Are you holding up?"

Valex nodded his head somberly, unable to say anything. How could he do this? That fucker. I'll never forgive him. That's it. I'm taking him to Dad's house. I don't care if they are on their honeymoon. This is more important.

A few minutes later, a team of cops and an ambulance arrive. I reluctantly handed my little brother to the doctors and went to talk to the cops.

The one who questioned me patted my shoulder. "Don't worry, son. He wont get away."

Boy, how wrong he was...


~X~

"Help! Help! Help!" I yelled, banging on the door. My hands were sticky with my own blood. They left hand prints on the door. I didn't care. I was too weak to even walk. I had to stop. Besides, maybe they knew where I could find Valexander.

The door swung open and I was staring at a small black haired boy. He looked shocked. "Are you alright," he asked, helping me stand when I stumbled. He kept his hands in my sides and led me inside.

"Help me," I asked as he laying me on the couch. A red haired girl appeared out of the kitchen. She raised a hand to her mouth in horror. Yeah, my bloody body must be quite a sight.

"Rex, what happened," the red haired girl asked.
The black haired boy, Rex, I presume, shook his head. "I don't know, Reilly. He just showed up at our door step. He turned away from her and sat down next to me. He ran a hand through my hair and my eyes fluttered closed. "I'll help you. Don't worry..."

"Thank you." And then I was asleep...Or dead.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this is Blair. Valex's brother. Well, half-brother. Sad, isnt it? I nearly cried while I wrote this. See, I told you it will get better! Thank you for sticking with me for so long! Oh, and Blair's profile thing is up there! Isnt he adorable?!