Sequel: I'll Never Let You Go
Status: Fini :)

Something More

Known Better Than To Call You Out

It'd been a month since we'd heard anything from or about Ryan. I wasn't too concerned, I figured he went back to the Volturi and was telling them all about my little human. Stupid bastard. He just had to have his damn way with everything.

Zack was camping with some of his friends from the baseball team this weekend, so I was safe to go hunting away from the house. Though, I'm not sure if he's told his friends about the crest or not. I honestly think he hasn't taken it off since I gave it to him.

Right now, Rosalie, Emmett and I were out hunting. I hadn't gone hunting in almost three weeks and the burning in my throat was almost unbearable. The vegetation in this part of Washington was heavy, hardly any room for us to maneuver in, in some places. The scent of a grizzly bear soon filled my nostrils and I looked over at Emmett. He smirked at me, knowing that I wanted it a hell of a lot more than he did.

I made a mad dash towards the bear, being as I was actually faster than Emmett, I beat him. Tackling the bear in one swift movement that would make the Nation's greatest defensive player look like a girl. The bear tried to fight back, but I pinned it down, sinking my teeth into the jugular. The blood coated my tho art in an amazing cooling sensation. The burning was dying quickly, leaving me in an amazing mood.

Once I was done with the bear, I stood up and wiped my mouth off. Emmett was glaring at me with an evil look.

"What?" I snapped. "You know how much I love those things."

Emmett grunted and stalked off to find another grizzly. Geez, someone was a little testy today.

Zack's POV

"So, what's up with you and that Cullen girl?" Josh asked as he turned in his seat to face me. I leaned my head against the back of the seat and sighed.

"That Cullen girl has a name you know." I snapped. "Her name's Scarlet and she's my girlfriend."

Grant chuckled from the driver's seat and shook his head. "You finally talked to her? How the hell did you even get near her? She's like a social freak." He exclaimed. My blood instantly started to boil.

"She is not a social freak." I defended. "She doesn't like crowds and a vast amount of morons around. Why do you think I haven't let her meet you guys?" The guys were shocked at my outburst. They may have been my friends, but I wasn't going to take their shit today.

"OH MY GOD!" Josh yelled as he looked at my left wrist.

"What? What the hell's wrong?" Grant yelled back, almost slamming on the break.

"Have you seen his wrist?" I rolled my eyes.

"No." Grant admitted, a little ticked that Josh was overreacting about my wrist.

"Dude, he has the thing every other Cullen kid has." Josh spoke, gesturing his hand at my wrist.

"He has a Cullen crest thing?" Grant asked as he made the turn unto the dirt road that held our camp site.

"No shit Sherlock. What else is he going to have? Gold eyes?" Josh asked being a smart ass.

"You're such a jackass. Shut up."

"Ohh.. someone is a little territorial with the girlfriend and the family. Are you dating all of them or just Freak?" I glared at Josh, wanting to beat the living shit out o him.

"What are you talking about? They're all freaks. Well, Emmett and Rosalie seem normal."

"They're Cullens, of course they're not normal."

"You really want your asses kicked, don't you?" I asked through clenched teeth.

"What are you going to do? Hit me? You're too chicken sit to even try, Anderson." Josh seethed.

"Wanna try me?" I asked as we got out of the truck.

Josh stood about five feet from me, held his arms out and motioned for me to come at him. I'd seen him fight, and he didn't fight fair. Unfortunately for him, I didn't either.

"Come on Anderson. Let's see you try to hit me." He taunted. "Oh wait, you can't even fight back when your own dad hits you. Pussy." OH that was it. I shook my head and clenched my hands into fists.

"That was low, Josh." Grant said right before I tackled the bastard to the ground.

"Zack, get off of him!" Grant yelled as I landed a good right hook unto Josh's jaw. I just kept hitting him and hitting him. My knuckles were split and extremely sore by the time Grant could pull me off of Josh. Josh's face was covered in blood and I couldn't tell if it was from my knuckles or if I had busted his face up that bad.

Grant threw me to the side; going back down to aid Josh. I looked at my hand; they were bruised, bloody and split.

Josh groaned as Grant checked him out; his mom was a doctor and had taught him stuff.

"Dammit, Josh. You know better than to get Zack completely pissed off." He muttered as he lifted Josh to his feet.

"Camping Trip's off." Grant said as he looked straight into my eyes.

I shook my head. "I'm sorry." I whispered, knowing that neither one of them heard me.

"Come on, let's get you to the hospital. You too, Zack, you're going to need some bandages on those knuckles." Grant spoke as he walked to the truck.

We drove to the hospital in silence. I felt bad for doing that to Josh, but he just pissed me off so badly that I couldn't control myself. It was like an inner demon became unleashed or something. The drive seemed to drag on and on; the thirty minute drive felt like four hours. Grant quickly parked the truck and rushed Josh into the emergency room where his mom met him, Carlisle at his side.

"Take him back there. I'll get Zack." Carlisle motioned for me to follow him and he lead me to his office. He led me, stopping to pick up some bandages and alcohol. Then stopping again to open the door, letting me go in first. He shut the door and set the necessary items on the desk before he sat down on the edge and I sat in front of him.

"What happened?" He asked, folding his hands together. I sighed and looked down.

"Josh kept making fun of Scarlet and then when i told him to stop he didn't. I asked him if he wanted punched and he told me..." I trailed off, not knowing if Carlisle knew about my dad or not.

Carlisle placed a hand on my shoulder as a tear fell down my cheek.

"He said I couldn't even stand up to my dad when he hit me and that I was a pussy." I looked back up at him, his eyes held sympathy and love for me.

"I'll take care of it okay?" He asked.

I nodded, "Thank you." I said.

"It's the least I can do." Carlisle started working on my knuckles, rubbing alcohol on them to kill any bacteria or germs that may be in the cuts. I winced as the cold, burning sensation ran through my hands.

"Sorry," Carlisle apologized as he ran more alcohol pads across my knuckles.

"S'okay. I'm the idiot who basically beat the crap out of my friend."

Carlisle chuckled and shook his head. "You're not an idiot. Josh should have known better than to call you out like that. " I nodded again, not really knowing what to say about that.

"Alice called Scarlet as soon as she saw what would happen."

"She did?" I asked, a little surprised.

Carlisle nodded as he wrapped the gauze around my hand. "She should be here in a couple minutes." He noted before placing a piece of tape on the gauze.

"Okay." And not even two minutes later, Scarlet burst through the door and over to me.

"What the hell happened?" She asked, rather pissed yet concern was all I could see in her eyes.

"Josh and I got into it." I said simply, leaving a few details out.

She pulled me into a hug and smashed her face into my chest. "Never scare me like that again. Ever." She whispered. I wrapped my hands around her waist and laid my head on hers. Taking in her scent; vanilla and grapefruit. "I promise."
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter Title Credit; Six Feet Under The Stars - All Time Low

Scarlet
Zack

Thank you guys so much Seeley.Booth, Katastrophe, and JordanK. for commenting on the last update!
And thank all of you who have subscribed, read and/or commented.
I love you all and thank you so much for making this SIX stars. :)
I would love more feedback if that's too much to ask, though. Please?
Thanks anyway. :) ENJOY!