Sequel: I'll Never Let You Go
Status: Fini :)

Something More

What Am I, Human?

"You love me, but you don't know who I am." I sang along with my iPod as the song 'Let Me Go' by 3 Doors Down came to an end. I was trying not to think about how sweet Zack wa and trying to focus on not liking him. So far I am not doing too good of a job.

“Baby girl, care to explain a certain vision Alice just had?” Emmett asked as he ran into my room. He did, rather rushed I might add.

“Uh, what?” I asked utterly confused at the request.

“Did you not just walk here with some guy?”

“OOOOH!!!!! You mean Zack?” I chirped.

“Wait a second… CARLISLE! I think Scarlet’s sick!” Emmett hollered down the stairs. ‘Great now everyone will know my business.’ And sure enough, Carlisle and Esme came up behind Emmett and were followed by everyone else.

“What’s the problem? Scarlet are you okay?” Carlisle asked all concerned. I knew he was…but we’re just not as close as everyone else.

“What am I, human?” I asked, pissed off. Carlisle gave me a stern look but I rolled my eyes. “Gesh, you people run and yell whenever I’m ‘out of character.’ CHILL! I was just talking to a boy. It's not the end of the world.”

“HOW!?” Jasper yelled.

My head snapped in his direction and I let out a huff. “I held my breath, but when I was breathing and he came into clear view… the burning and flow of venom came to an almost immediate halt.” Everyone looked at each other, either dumbfounded or completely confused. I rolled my eyes again.

“Go away, I want to think… ALONE!” I shouted the last word, and it was mostly directed towards Edward and Alice.

“Wait, Aura if this is going to be a problem…” Carlisle trailed off as Alice walked past in and into my room.

“You agreed to go on a date!” Alice said, her melodic voice carried a shit load of anger I might add. (Which I honestly didn't get.) Edward, Jasper and Carlisle looked quite alarmed.

“Yeah, because for once, I’m not sitting on the sidelines while love passes by. I’m sick of being in a house where everyone has someone to love for the rest of eternity while I sit and watch. I’m done with living in the shadows of all of you!” I snapped. “Just leave me the hell alone!” I yelled after they just looked at me with blank expressions. Everyone but Rosalie and Emmett vanished from my room. If I could cry, I’d be sobbing uncontrollably right now. Rosalie walked carefully over to my side and pulled me into a motherly hug. I mean that’s what she is to me; she was basically my mother, aside from Esme.

I latched unto her waist, (her being five foot seven and having heels on did my five foot four frame no justice) and laid my head on her shoulder.

“Scar, why didn’t you tell me? Or at least Emmett? You know we’d understand you.” She asked softly. For how pig-headed she truly was, she was great with helping me.

“Because Rose. It has never been a big deal until recently and I hate living in a house where everyone, except you and Emmett, revolve around how much they’d kill themselves if they lost someone. I hate it; especially when Edward does it.” I whined.

“That’s not the only thing bothering you. We’ve discussed the Edward situation Scar. What’s got you off your rocker?” Emmett asked, setting me on my bed before he and Rosalie took a seat on either side of me.

“Well, Zack, the guy I was with in the woods, told me he wanted to get to know the real me. Not the girl I appear to be. Rose, he’s a senior with Bella and he’s sweet and he likes me for me. And I guess he’s been trying to figure me out since he moved back here a couple years ago or something. And I like him and he's my singer… but I don’t know.” Rosalie rubbed my back and Emmett placed his hand on my knee in a fatherly way.

“Scarlet, we both love you and we know you’ve seen what Edward has and is going through with Bella. You bringing Zack into this-“

“Who said I wanted to bring Zack into this?” I snapped. “I’m not as stupid as Edward. Yeah, Zack’s blood was the strongest and most intoxicating thing I’ve ever smelled. Yeah, he's my singer. And yeah, I think I like him because he’s sweet and he walked three miles out of his way to walk me home… but I don’t think he’ll ever get close enough to know what and who we are.”

Emmett sighed, but not the kind I thought he would. It was one of those, 'you-don't-get-it' sighs.

"Emmett, what don't I get? Huh? I'm not going to make the same mistake Edward did!" I yelled, jumping off the and looking at him. I threw my hands in the air and shook my head. "Gosh, you must really think I'm dumb, or don't know what I'd put the family through with that." I huffed and stormed down the stairs, out the door and ran into the woods.

I honestly did not think I would make the same mistake that Edward did. Please don't get me wrong, I am thrilled that he found someone, but the problems this has caused for my family is driving me up a wall. Yeah, I'll admit that Edward was cute when I first met him... but then he just became this 'I-hate-the-world' kinda guy and that wish was shattered all to hell and back in a hand basket.

I finally decided that sitting and trying to NOT think would be best for me... maybe. I sat on a fallen tree not too far from the edge of the river. I sighed, knowing that this was going to be a long day. A couple seconds later, my phone vibrated in my pocket. I fished it out and read that I had one new message.

I flipped my phone open gently and read that it was from Zack. I instantly smiled.

Hey Scarlet! :) It's Zack, just wanted to see if you were having a good day.

I giggled, rolled my eyes and replied back.

Hey Zack! :) Thanks for the message. lol, I'm having a pretty bad day. Family Drama. :(

I hit the send button and flipped my phone shut. I really needed to sort this problem out. If I was going to fall for him, if I was going to hate him; not let him in...God, I'm so confused. My phone vibrated again and it was Zack calling. I gulped and hit the green 'send' button before putting the phone to my ear.

"Hey Zack."

"Hey!" he cheered, "Whatcha doin'?"

I bit my lip and tried not to smile. "Oh nothing, just enjoying the peace and quiet right now."

"Oh, I take it you're outside in the woods?"

"Uh, yeah." I said puzzled. "Are you stalking me?" I joked.

Zack chuckled. " I could very well be. But no, I'm just asking because I did find you in the woods...and you said you were dealing with drama."

I sighed a sigh of relief. "Oh, yeah." I giggled. "Well, the drama was a little too much for me today."

"Sorry." He apologized.

"It's not your fault, Zack. Why are you apologizing?"

"I don't know, just felt like someone needed too." He exclaimed softly. I couldn't hold back the smile that was forming on my lips.

"Well... you're too sweet." I mumbled, hoping he wouldn't hear me.

"Thanks. You're not too bad yourself. I half expected to be yellled at...then again, you were nice to me earlier." I could hear the smile on his face, which made me smile. Damn.. I am smiling way too much because of him.

"Uh... yeah. I'm not a complete bitch." I told him seriously.

Zack chuckled again. "I didn't think you were a bitch in the first place."

"Thanks?" I asked more than exclaimed, my smile fading.

"No problem." Zack concluded. "Hey!" he piped up, "What are you doing at about uh, eight next Friday?" He asked a little more timidly than before.

"I, uh, I'm not doing anything... that I know of."

"Wanna hang out?" I bit my lip and smiled, not to mention I felt rather giddy.

"Uh," I pondered for a moment just to weigh my options. Go and piss EVERYONE off or stay and be alone. "That'd be awesome. Uh, do you want me to meet you somewhere?" Yep, I'm gonna die.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image

AHH!!!!
Here's the next chapter! :) So I haven't started writing chapter 4. so TELL ME WHAT YOU WANT TO HAPPEN! I'd love to know!:)
Thanks you ScarlettRose21 for commenting on the last update!
and Thank you to everyone who has subscribed! I love you guys! you rock! :)