Sequel: Disenchanted
Status: COMPLETED!

These Bright Lights Have Always Blinded Me

And All The Wounds That Are Ever Gonna Scar Me, And All The Ghost That Are Never Gonna Catch Me...

Belladonna's P.O.V.

Mikey and I stayed in Starbucks talking for about 3 hours. I learned a lot about him and his brother while he learned very little about me. Mikey didn't mind though, he understood that I didn't want to talk about it and left it alone. I was very grateful for that. Mikey was a good person and he would automatically try to help but I can't be helped. I'm beyond help.
"Bells? Be-e-ells! Anyone home?" Mikey asked teasingly.
I looked up at him and shook my head.
Sorry, what did you say?
"I said, I think it's time we headed home. It's past six," Mikey said.
My eyes widened in horror. My parents were going to kill me.
Shit! I didn't realise it was so late! We really do have to get going.
Mikey looked at me concerned.
"Do you want me to walk you home and explain to your parents what happened?" He asked.
No, no, no. It's okay. Really. You don't have to do that. I'll be fine. I'll tell them myself.
Okay, so I panicked at the thought of Mikey coming into my neighbourhood and up to my house. My parents would skin him alive, and then me.
"If you're sure..." He said uncertainly.
I nodded confidently to reassure him and stood up to leave. Mikey looked at me and then shrugged to himself and stood up as well.
"Let's get this show on the road!"

We were about halfway to Mikey's place when over the sound of Glenn Danzig's voice I heard a car stopped just in front of us. I tapped Mikey and gestured to the car. It was dark and immediately Mikey and I stiffened up, paranoia wrecking havoc in both our minds. Mikey grabbed my hand and pulled me closer to him. I tensed up even more and then a person stepped out.
"Mikey? Belladonna? You want a lift?" I heard a vaguely familiar male voice yell out.
I frowned, where did I know that voice?
"Back the fuck off creepy, stalker, murder, rapist, guy...person...thing..." Mikey said fiercely.
Well, he would have been fierce had I not been standing next to him and feeling him shake slightly. I looked at Mikey curiously, he certainly had an interesting vocabulary.
"It's me, Gerard, you douchebag!" The voice called out again.
The person stepped into the headlights and confirmed that it was Gerard. Mikey and I relaxed and stepped forwards, letting go of each others hands.
"Gee? What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be at home?" Mikey asked.
"I could ask the same thing," Gerard said.
Mikey pulled a face at Gerard and he laughed.
"It's past six and you weren't home yet and everyone was worried about you so I started driving around looking for you," Gerard explained,
"Sorry for frightening you."
I sighed wistfully. Mikey was lucky to have a family that cared about him. I would have traded places with him any day. I watched as Gerard gave Mikey a hug and I couldn't help the flame of jealousy and longing it brought me. I looked down and started to head off home.

I had taken about 3 steps when Mikey asked,
"Gee, can we drop Bells off at hers?"
Gee and I both paused and Gee said,
"Sure, I don't see why not."
"C'mon Bells! Gee's taking us both home!" Mikey said happily, "An you don't get a say in the matter. I want you to get home safely."
Silly Mikey. I'm safe until I get home, but I sighed quietly and climbed into the car anyway.

Gerard dropped off Mikey first because he was closer.
"See you tomorrow Bells!" Mikey said happily and skipped into his home.
At least he doesn't have to worry about abusive and drunken parents. Gerard laughed at Mikey's skipping and said,
"And he swears he isn't gay."
I smiled softly and Gerard turned to the paper on which I'd given him my address. He frowned when he read it.
"I know where that is...Why are you living there?" He asked.
I shrugged. That was as best an answer he was ever going to get. Gerard sighed and turned to me.
"You know you can tell me anything, right? I know we only met today but I can be trusted. I won't tell a soul, I swear," He said, trying to see under my hood. I shrank back against the window and turned to look outside the window. This was getting way too personal and private. I felt Gerard put his hand on mine and out of pure reflex I jerked my hand away. I looked back at Gerard and I could see a flicker of hurt in his eyes. I felt a seed of guilt blossom in my stomach and I looked at my hands.
Sorry. That was just an automatic reflex. I don't like to be touched.
"That's okay. Sorry for making you uncomfortable. So...how about some music then? Do you like the Misfits?" Gerard asked.
I nodded shyly and he smiled.
"Well, that's something we have in common," he said, placing in a cd and driving off.

When we got to my neighbourhood I saw Gerard look around in pity and disgust at all the rundown houses. Half the houses didn't even have a working door and the roof was a piece of tarp. We pulled up to my house, which was one of the best in the neighbourhood. It only had 5 holes in the roof, cracks in the walls, broken windows and a rotting door. The garden wasn't too overgrown, though it was a jungle compared to Gerard and Mikey's place. Gerard looked at me and I could see nothing but pity in his eyes. I hated seeing it. I never wanted to tell anyone about my life or show them my place for this reason.
Thank you for dropping me off.
"No problem...just get Mikey to call next time...and remember what I told you earlier. I can be trusted," he said softly. I felt trapped with his soft, imploring, hazel eyes looking at me. He looked like a genuine person, like someone I could trust, but I knew I couldn't. I couldn't trust anyone, I'd tasted the consequences of that and I never wanted to taste it again. I nodded once and quickly climbed out of the car. I grabbed my bag and walked up the path to my house, well, my hell to be more accurate.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am so so so so sorry that I haven't updated!
If any of you guys are still reading this, then I give you full permission to kill me.
Except then the story'd never finish...
Anyway.
I can't really remember what I used to put in the A/N's so..yeah...
I fully intend to get back to work on my stories, but updates will be random. Sorry.
Title credit: The Ghost Of You by My Chemical Romance
I love The Ghost Of You. It's one of my top favourites by MCR <3
And I'm sorry to give you guys such crap after such a long hiatus.
Maybe a lot of updates would make up for it?