Sequel: Disenchanted
Status: COMPLETED!

These Bright Lights Have Always Blinded Me

There's A Place In The Dark Where The Animals Go, You Can Take Off Your Skin In The Cannibal Glow

Belladonna's P.O.V.

Mikey and I were walking silently and I could see something was bothering him.
What's up?
"You're not really being abused are you? You were just playing a joke on me, weren't you? What really happened?" Mikey jabbered.
I sighed, I know you're probably wondering what the fuck he's doing and why he's asking, but I've learned that if you say something outrageous and say it with a show of sarcasm or attitude then the person doesn't think it's happened. I tried that on Mikey and it has appeared to have worked.
Mikey, I just tripped and fell. No biggie.
Mikey sighed, troubled. He knew I wasn't telling the truth. He also knew I would stick to my story.
Why are you in my english class? You're 2 years younger and it's an advanced placement class
Mikey smiled sheepishly at me.
"I'm just that good," he joked.
A small smile tugged at the corners of my mouth. Mikey was one of those people who, when happy, simply radiated it to everyone else. Thus cheering everyone up as well.
"So wanna actually get to work on our assignment today?" Mikey asked.
That sounds like a good idea
"So yours or mine?" Mikey asked.
The thought of Mikey coming over to my place chilled me to my bones.
Yours. My parents don't like me having visitors over
"How come?" Mikey asked curiously.
Damn this boy asked a lot of questions.
They just don't.
I refused to say more and Mikey let it go.
"That's cool. My mom wants to meet you anyway. I think she'll like you. You'd like her, she's really nice," Mikey started to ramble and I half listened and half tuned him out.

I suddenly returned back to Earth when Mikey yelled out to a couple of guys ahead of us. The both stopped and turned to face us.
???
"Oh, I really only know Frank, he's in my class and he's cool. You'd prolly like him," Mikey explained.
"Hey Frank, hi Ray," Mikey greeted them when we were closer.
I realised that these were the Ray and Frank who got me out of my locker yesterday.
"Hey Mikey. Hey! You're the chick we rescued yesterday!" Frank said looking at me.
Mikey looked at me curiously.
Damien shoved me into my locker, that's why I was late to class
"Why didn't you say anything?" Mikey asked worriedly.
Because it was no big deal
Mikey snorted indignantly.
"Yeah...right...well...yeah..." Ray said awkwardly.
"Hey Mikes, wanna hang with us at lunch?" Frank asked.
"Sure! Can Bells come too?" Mikey asked.
Frank and Ray looked at him blankly.
Hi, my name's Belladonna. Mikey calls me Bells for short
"Oh! Okay. Hmm...I'm gonna call you Deli," Frank said after scrutinizing me.
"Bring Belladonna along if you like we don't mind," Ray said at the same time to Mikey.
Why Deli? I'm not a condiment
Frank laughed.
"Condiment makes me think of condom!" He laughed again.
Mikey and Ray gave him a 'WTF?' look and I wondered why I wanted to be around people. I seriously considered just turning around and going home.
"Nevermind bro. Just...Deli you're funny," Frank laughed.
Mikey looked at me with a confused look and I shrugged my shoulders.
"Frank, how many packets of Skittles did you have?" Ray asked, putting his hand on his friend's shoulder.
"Only one...maybe two...three could be a probable amount too," Frank laughed.
Ray sighed.
You're gonna be sugar drunk by the time we get to school
Frank keeled over laughing.
"S-s-sugar dr-drunk! That's the funniest thing I've heard all day!" Frank laughed.
"You've only been awake for like an hour though..." Ray pointed out.
Frank just laughed some more.
I looked at Mikey and he looked back at me with a 'what have I gotten myself into' expression.
Hey, he's your friend
"That's beside the point," Mikey said.
I smiled.
Hey guys I love hanging out with fro men and guys that appear to be higher than a kite but I've gotta get going. Frank, when you start seeing pink elephants just remember, they're not your friends. Those motherfuckers'll stalk you for the rest of your life.
Frank looked at me bug eyed.
"STALKER!" he screamed.
I smiled and turned my head eerily to the side.
I know where you live...
"45 Wilson ave," Mikey whispered so Frank wouldn't hear.
Ray gave us a look and then started laughing to himself as he realised what we were doing.
"Oh yeah? Where?" Frank asked.
45 Wilson Ave
Frank whimpered.
'He has a pet dog' Ray mouthed.
You have a pet dog
"Don't you hurt my Nancy!" Frank pleaded.
That's when I saw some sort of resemblance between us and this scene. Frank was on the ground pleading with me not to hurt his dog and I was standing over him in an imposing way, having fun seeing him like this. A flashback happened to when I was seven.

Flashback
My father burst into my room scaring me. I looked up at him with big, blue eyes, wide with fear. My father didn't come near me much anymore and when he did it hurt a lot.
"Daddy?" I whimpered.
"Shut up!" he snarled
I cowered back closer to my stuffed animals, as if they'd protect me.
"You and those stupid toys! You need to grow up! No daughter of mine will play with toys!" he spat.
Tears filled my eyes as I pulled my toys nearer to me. He took an aggressive step forwards and I clutched my very few stuffed animals closer. I only had Miss. Piggy a pink pig, Fuzzy a white sheep and Tommy my teddy bear.
"Daddy, please! Please don't!" I begged.
I crawled to him and gently reached for him, pleading for him to understand how much I loved these toys.
His hand cracked down on my face, throwing me flat on my side. The left side of my face stung really badly and tears were streaming down my face from the pain. My father reached for Miss. Piggy and picked her out of my hands and threw her into the hallway.
"Miss. Piggy!" I squealed.
I was replied with a kick to my side. I yelped and curled up in a ball and tucked Tommy into my body where I could protect him. With my other hand I reached out and grasped Fuzzy's leg. My father's foot came down on my hand and started to crush it.
"Daddy, please! Daddy! Daddy stop it! You're hurting me! Please stop it!" I cried.
"I'll stop when you let go of the toy!" My father growled.
I forced my fingers to let go of Fuzzy's leg and he removed his foot and threw Fuzzy out the window. I whimpered and started to pull my hand back but my father grabbed onto it.
"Give me the other toy," he ordered.
I gripped onto Tommy tighter. I loved Tommy the best, I'd had him since I was a small child. My father looked at me angrily and then started to crush my hand in his.
"Daddy! Daddy! Daddy!" I screamed.
He let go of my hand and I wrenched it back. He knelt down to me and I scrambled away from him, terrified. He crawled closer and I held Tommy to my body tightly.
"I'm sorry sweetie, did I hurt you?" he asked gently, brushing the hair away from my face.
I nodded slowly. I hoped I wouldn't do anything else wrong, I didn't want him to hit me again.
"Sweetie, do you know why I did that?" he asked again, in that same gentle voice.
It scared me because I was afraid that I would mess up again.
"Because I am a little girl and I didn't obey you?" I asked timidly.
"That's right. Now give me the toy so I don't need to hurt you again," he said, his voice getting angrier.
I clutched Tommy tighter, even though it hurt my hand to do so.
"Fine, I see how it has to be," he said angrily.
I looked up at him truly terrified. His hand reached in and grabbed Tommy and I shrieked. I pulled Tommy away from him and he slapped me again. I hit the floor and lay there feeling weird. I felt like I was here but not here. There was black in my room too. It was starting to overtake the other colours when I felt Tommy leave my hand. I looked up and I saw my father holding Tommy. He had one hand on Tommy's head and one hand on Tommy's body and started pulling.
"NO!" I screeched, "Don't hurt Tommy! Please Daddy! Don't hurt Tommy!"
He gave me a look that I don't know how to describe. He looked at me the way he looked at worms in the garden.
"You are a horrible child! You don't need toys! You need to grow up!" he yelled.
With that said there was a terrible ripping sound and he held two parts of Tommy in his hands.
"Tommy!" I screamed as tears went down my face. I reached up to my father and he spat on me and threw Tommy to the ground.
End Flashback


"Bells? Are you okay?" Mikey asked me concerned.
I gasped and looked at him. My hands flew up to my face where I could feel something wet on my cheeks. I pulled my fingers away to see tears coating my fingers.
"Bells?" Mikey asked. He put his hand on my shoulder and I flinched away from his touch.
I've gotta go. I'm fine. I've just...I've got to go. Talk to you later
With that I turned on my heel I and began to run/limp away.
♠ ♠ ♠
thanks to Beccathecoolie and mistery gurl for commenting.
I hope this clears up any questions about the whole telling Mikey what had happened thing.
I'm so so SO sorry this hasn't come out sooner, I've been meaning to write it up for like 3 weeks now.
Anyway, I hope you like, yes they are still on their way to school.
I'll try get the next one up as soon as I can, but no guarantees. See school's started and I know it's annoying and lame but...I'm sorry.
Title Credit: The Sharpest Lives by My Chemical Romance (again)