The Letters

four

“Caleb, I can do it myself!” I yelled as I pulled my luggage down the stairs. The bags smashed against the banister as I struggled with them. I plopped down on the stairs closed my eyes too frustrated to deal with them any more. I sighed and opened my eyes, ready to give the bags another chance but saw Caleb standing at the bottom of the stairs with a raised eyebrow. He walked up to the step I was sitting on and smoothly pulled my bags down the stairs, laughing at me the entire way. I only had five hours left in Portland, Maine. Five hours till I could get away from the place that was a constant reminder of Gabe, of my broken heart.

“And you said you could do it yourself.” Caleb smirked. I shoved him out of my way and went to find my mom; she was sitting in the living room reading the newspaper. When I walked into the room she pulled me into a hug and started sobbing into my shoulder. I let my mom cry for a few minutes and told her I had to get going. I gave my dad a quick goodbye and started loading my bags into Caleb’s truck.

The car ride to the airport was quiet, the sound of the crackling radio filling the radio. When we got to Portland International Jetport, Gabe’s eyes started tearing up. He pulled me into a tight hug and kissed my forehead. I shoved my bags onto a cart and waved at my brother before walking into the airport.

I quickly made my way through the airport, through the baggage checks and crowds towards the gate. I gripped my passport tightly in my hand as I waited in line to get on the plane. As I got closer and closer to the front of the line I could feel my heart beating faster in my chest. I couldn’t stop a smile from spreading across my face; I was finally getting away from everything that reminded me of Gabe.

I was moving on.
♠ ♠ ♠
i'm sorry that it's taking me so long to post more chapters, i've been having trouble with the coding and such.