Status: NEW AND IMPROVED RE-WRITE CURRENTLY BEING POSTED ON AVENGED SEVENFOLD FANFICTION. LINK IN SUMMARY.

Sshh, Be Quiet.

Who's Next?

“I got a text message!” the shout had woken everyone up.

Lisa checked her watch, it was nearly nine in the morning. The group had looked around and saw Korynn holding her phone up.

“What’s it say?” Matt asked, grabbing the phone.

The excitement in her voice proved that she had not read it yet, just discovered the symbol on the front face of her phone. The look on Matt’s face as he flipped open the phone and read the message had also proved that it wasn’t a message that help was on it’s way to get us out of this house. Everyone had looked at Matt, wanting to know what the message said. He just simply gave the phone back to Korynn and walked towards the kitchen. Confused glances were exchanged by the seven that were sitting up groggily in the living room. Lisa, who had just realized that she was still wrapped up in Brian’s arms, got up and went after Matt. She found him staring into the sink.

“Matt? What did that text message say?”

“What does it matter? She’s going to be next if we don’t watch her though,” he said, making sure to keep his voice low enough.

“Please? Tell me what it said.” Lisa was almost begging.

He didn’t want to say it out loud, so he simply grabbed a blank piece of paper and a pen from the counter. As he scribbled what he wanted to say, he hardly looked at the paper. When he finished, he turned his head and handed the paper to Lisa. You live for the touch, for the feel of the steel. She quickly crumpled up the paper and threw it away.

“What does that even mean though?” Lisa asked.

“I don’t know, but it can’t be good.”

Lisa thought of the sentence over and over again, and then it dawned on her. “Another stab victim. ‘The feel of the steel?’ Clearly talking about a knife right?”

“Possibly, but we can’t scratch any other possibilities. We have to tell the group though.”

She nodded and followed Matt back into the living room. Korynn had obviously read the message because she had a worried look on her face. Nobody else knew, and still looked confused. Lisa had taken back her spot by Brian while Matt stood up ready to address the group.

“I have reason to believe that whatever killed Shelbi and…” he paused, not wanting to say it. “…Jimmy…” he choked it out, then cleared his throat. “Reason to believe that whatever is here is going to come after Korynn next. I don’t want to say the message that was sent, but all of us have to stay with her at all times. Nobody lets her out of their sight whether you go to the bathroom and watch her go, or watch her shower…” Matt stopped again at the sudden objection from Korynn.

“I’m not making one of these other girls watch me pee or shower!”

“Would you rather it be one of us guys then?” Matt shot back at her. Defeated, Korynn just sat back down and listened. “Anyways, we have to keep a closer eye on her, while also looking out for ourselves too. If she’s under our supervision, obviously this thing can’t attack her, got it?”

The group nodded in agreement, and a low chatter filled the room. Some talked, others laid back down for more sleep.

“Also, original roommates stay together unless it’s a bathroom or shower thing. Though we shouldn’t have a problem seeing as we don’t need to do anymore exploring, but if we do, then we have our buddy system unless stated otherwise.”

Steph was just about to interrupt when Matt stopped her.

“I know, Steph, it’s you and I,” he said as if he had read her mind. “Does anyone want something to eat?”

Nobody spoke up for food. In a situation like this, who would have an appetite? Everyone sat around the living room in their spots, the four girls in the middle, the guys around them to try and be protective. Lisa was where she felt the most comfortable and at ease, her spot next to Brian. On a normal day, she would’ve been made fun of for trying to be with a guy that she had no chance with. This was different, she wanted nothing more out of him than to feel protected while they were in the house. She scratched her head, then spoke up.

“I think we should get our showers in now while it’s calm.”

“Lisa’s right, I feel kinda nasty,” Jenna said.

An agreement rose from the group while trying to figure out the fastest way to do the shower arrangements. They went upstairs as a group, each holding a backpack with everything they needed.

“So, if supposedly you all want me watched while I shower, who’s gonna do it?” Korynn asked. “I honestly don’t care who’s around, just as long as it’s not one of the guys that’s watching.”

“I’ll sit in the bathroom if Brian wants to sit out in the bedroom,” Lisa said, looking at Brian who nodded.

Everyone had their shower arrangements of who would be guarding the doors. The system was kind of complex, but it worked. Lisa sat on the floor in the bathroom while Korynn was showering. She glanced at Brian who sat on the bed, looking around alertly for any signs of something being off. So far it was going fine. Lisa’s elbow rested against her knee while her hand supported her head. She began to nod off, wondering when Korynn was going to be finished.

“Korynn, you almost done in there?” Lisa asked through a yawn.

Brian looked into the bathroom as soon as Lisa spoke, waiting for a response. There was nothing though. Lisa looked up more alert and awake.

“Korynn? You ok in there?” Lisa asked as she rose to her feet.

By now, Brian was standing at the door with a ‘should-I-get-Matt’ look on his face. Lisa knew that something wasn’t right, and that exact moment, the familiar rusty smell drifted throughout the bathroom. Shaking, Lisa reached for the shower curtain and pulled it back, only to fall back against the sink gasping.

“No!” Was all she was able to choke out. It was all that Brian needed to hear.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh noez, what's happening!?