Status: Re-Write of Summer Wine

The Best Deceptions

Love Reign Over Me

Music pounded through the speakers, it was louder than before. I searched through the sea of people for Ville, surely he couldn’t be this hard to find. I spotted him at the bar, I pushed my way through the crowd.

“Why, hello.” He smiled when he saw me.

I grabbed his hand and pulled him into the crowd.

I took a deep breath and just went for it.

“What are you doing?” He whispered in my ear, sending shivers down my spine.

“I wanted to dance with you.” I smiled as I pressed myself against him. He instinctively put his hands on my hips.

“I don’t dance.” He laughed his signature laugh, I’m convinced it wouldn’t look as good coming from anyone else. It’s rough and hysterical, just like him.

“Everyone can dance.” I said as I watched him squirm. I knew he didn’t dance but I wanted a reason to be close to him again.

He laughed nervously as he came closer to me, “You’re a lot different.”

I laughed, “Better or worse?”

“So far, better.” He smiled his best smile, I thought my knees were going to give out.

----

We stood at the front door of my apartment, awkwardly saying out goodbyes. Neither one of us wanted to leave the other, but it wasn’t the right time for nights spent alone. I held my high heels in one hand and my keys in the other.

“So, uh, I guess I’ll see you in the morning.” Ville said as he rocked back and forth on his heels.

“Yeah, we’re still meeting at the store?” I asked as I leaned against the red door.

He winced, “Yep. You haven’t been there since you left have you?”

“No, why?” I laughed, guessing it was something horribly embarrassing.

“They got a sign, a big one.” He laughed.

Our parents, together, own a sex shop. Growing up with that embarrassment was never easy. Me and Ville were made fun of through our high school career. It was easier for him to shake things off than it was for me.

“Oh lord.” I smiled.

“Well, I guess I’ll see you then. You’re not gonna leave tonight are you?” He joked.

I pushed him playfully, “Not a chance.”

“Great, goodnight then.” He kissed my forehead and walked away.

I never wanted to see him leave but then again, I guess he never wanted to see me leave. I unlocked the door to my apartment and stepped inside. I should really thank my mother for picking it out, she did a good job.

His scent still lingered on me. He smelled like a brilliant mixture of cigarettes and cologne. I threw my shoes down beside the door and walked to the bathroom, discarding layers of clothing as I went along. I would pick them up in the morning.

I stepped into the bathroom, the white tile floor was cool against my aching feet. I turned the shower on, while I waited for the water to get hot I laid my glasses on the sink and pulled the bobby pins out of my hair.

I stepped into the shower, the hot water instantly relaxed my tired body.

I hoped that I would be able to fix this mess. He was like heroin: horrifically addicting. I never wanted to go a day without feeling his skin against mine or hearing his voice. I’d gone through years of detox and it had never become any easier to be without my drug.

Excitement ran wild through my veins knowing that tomorrow I would be with him once again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Only love can make it rain, like the sweat over lovers layin fields.
Chapter Title: Love Reign O'er Me - The Who
Epic, epic song.

Thanks to raven616 and prettyyoungthing for commenting.
I have great plans for the next few chapters.