A Wolf's Heart

13

I could feel my body and mind get lighter as I started to wake up from my forced slumber. I was aware of the light murmuring from somewhere around me but of course, I couldn’t understand it. My wrists were bound together behind me by something icy and cold.

My head was hurting, my body felt numb, and there was a slight aching in my chest. I tried to open my eyes but all I got was a blurry image. A slight groan passed my lips when I blinked my eyes and a bright light shone in my vision.

The murmurs stopped. I finally got a good look at the place. I could feel I was deep underground by the air pressure. The room I was in was tall and grand. On the opposite end from where I was sitting were stairs leading to three thrones. But, of course more importantly then the room, were the people in it.

The thrones were taken and the people immediately surrounded the room at my awakening. They stood still and everyone just stared. The silence was deafening.

Aro’s POV

My guards took their places around the room when she finally woke up. Her eyes swept the room and its contents. We finally had her in our hands. After fifteen years we can finally destroy the unnatural being. I got up and in a flash I was standing above her. Another moment and I was eye level with her.

She looked at me with confusion in her eyes.

“Hello, Makani. Remember me?” She kept on looking at me with those eyes. “I’m not surprised you don’t. You have managed to evade my forces for just over fifteen years now. But now, you have fallen into my grasps and you will suffer the same demise as your parents.” Her expression never changed.

I violently ripped the chains binding her hands from the wall. In a second her back was to me and my hands were gripping hers. I didn’t know what I was expecting with a simple hand to hand contact. But it definitely wasn’t this.

Instead of thoughts came visions: the trees; the wind; the speed; the hunt; a pack of wolves cuddling for warmth in a deep cave; a birth of a little pup; the fall of an alpha and the rise of another. The visions kept pounding into my skull. The fall of the pack; the love of a brother; the kindness of the cold ones; the brown eyes; the hurt; Paul; the white wolf; the confusion.

I dropped the contact and looked at this wonderful girl in front of me. I couldn’t help but laugh at the irony. This half wolf half vampire was actually living with a pack of wolves! She has no idea what I was talking about because she didn’t grow up speaking English.

Her memory of the white wolf is obviously her reflection. You can’t mistake her brown eyes and sharp features. It really would be a waste to kill her off so soon. Imagine the power. She’s a shapeshifter but also a vampire. With the two combined who knows what kind of power I can create. It will be like raising a child, like starting from scratch. In here she will learn her new way of life. And with time, she will be my ultimate weapon.

I looked up at my audience who was waiting for my signal to kill the hybrid. Too bad it’s not coming. “Everyone, there has been a change of plans. The girl will not be dying anytime soon.” The looks of confusion and irritation that crossed the room were actually very humorous.

“Makani holds power. Power that would be useful. But power that she doesn’t know how to control. Like a baby with a chainsaw. I hope you all can adjust to a new addition to our family. I will raise her and teach her as if she were my own child.”

Jane steps forward with a look of dismay. “But Master, our guard is powerful as it is. Is she really worth the trouble?”

“Jane dear, there is no such thing as to much power. Besides, the Cullen and Quileute families were just taking her under their wing. What better way to destroy them then with one of their own?”

A smile slowly crept onto everyone’s face with this new point of view.

I walked towards Makani, slowly this time. I caressed her face softly with my cold hands.

“Welcome home, Makani.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I know i know. i never update in long time but i do get excuse. family life is hectic. we're still not over the passing of my grandma and now my great grandma is sick. wonderful right? no it freakin sucks. and its not small kine sick either.

anyways i want to thank those of you who left comments and those who subscribed. i know im going to lose a lot of subscribers because i never update in a long time but please bear with me! i really am trying. i will get the next one out a little earlier, and feedback really helps.

so what do you think of the new chapter? should i have not turned the story in this directioin? should i actually put a couple chapters with her learning her new life? its all up to you :)