A Wolf's Heart

12

The Cullen household was filled with tension.

Darin had calmed down a bit after hunting with Makani, but he was still mad at Paul. But not mad enough to kill him just yet.

Then there was Paul. And boy was he pissed. He already knew them from the last time with the Volturi, but his feelings towards the vampires changed.

Now, Makani is a different story. She immediately took a liking to Vladimir and Stefan. At first she didn’t know what to think about them. But after a simple smile Makani instinctively bounded towards them and greeted Stefan and Vladimir with a kiss on the lips. Hence the reason Paul loathes them.

Darin watched Paul with amusement in his eyes and a smirk on his face. Then, he couldn’t take it anymore and busted out laughing at Paul’s face when Makani licked Stefan’s cheek. Paul threw a low growl at Darin before stalking out of the house.

Makani’s POV

Where’s Paul going? I wish I could ask him. But he no longer belongs to me. In fact, he’s probably going to see her now. I just hope they don’t make love in the forest again. Anyone could walk by.

I soundlessly left Stefen and Vladimir to sit next to Red who was by the wall. I nuzzled my nose against his and buried my face in his fur. He snuggled up to me and we fell asleep together.

I stirred awake to the sound of the door opening. Wait, the doors opening! My eyes shot to the door hoping to see Paul. But it wasn’t him. Instead, it was the girl who was with him in the forest.

I saw Jacob shoot up from the couch and try to push her out the door while shouting at her. I think I caught her name, Leah. But she wouldn’t budge and her eyes held both anger and confusion.

Then I saw Jacob sigh and nod his head towards me. Everyone’s head turned to see my reaction. I was pretty sure my eyes were sad, but I smiled at her anyways. Not her fault, I kept thinking.

Everyone’s face was shocked. I guess they thought I was going to eat her or something. But, why would I? It’s not like I have some sort of claim over Paul.

Something told me that this girl is nice. That we could be friends. She won’t hurt me. My instincts want me to get close to the girl. But I hesitated. Would she get mad at me for trying to steal her mate?

I felt Red get out from under me. He slowly walked towards Leah. She paused a little, and then held out her hand. He sniffed her hand then stood up on his hind legs to lick her face. If Red could trust her, so could I.

But I still didn’t move.

I looked towards Darin, Is she mad at me?

Why would she be mad you? His eyes were confused.

For trying to steal her mate.

His eyes were still confused, before they turned cold. No, she’s not mad at you.

I ignored his icy stare that I knew wasn’t directed at me, but at Paul. Why? I have no idea.

I slowly made my way towards Leah. Everyone was confused, and she looked like she was deciding whether or not to run. I kept walking until I was arms length away. I didn’t kiss her like I wanted to, because I don’t think she trusted me yet. So I reached my arm out, wanting to hold her hand.

She looked at Darin. And she looked at him for a long time. Both his and her eyes filled with adoration and love. Why is she staring at him like he's her mate? Everyone looked at them in disbelief and Jacob started laughing. Until he was whacked by the little half-breed. Then he just pouted. Everyone laughed at this.

I was just confused. My arm was still outstretched. Human words spilled out of Darin’s mouth. She looked at him, then to me, before her warm hand finally made its way toward my own. I felt my mouth stretch out in a grin. I pulled her outside and Red and Darin followed.

I let go of her hand and me and Red started to fight. Leah and Darin were talking a little ways to the side. After Red pinned me for the fifth time, I was starving.

I bounded toward them and asked Darin if we could go hunting. He dismissed me with a flick of his hand. I kissed his lips and kissed Leah’s cheek.

Me and Red ran through the forest looking for any sort of meat.

We finally spotted a herd of elk. We hid in the bushes, trying to target the weak ones. I signaled Red toward the one who had a limp and looked just out of his baby days. He nodded his head. Just as we were about to make a move, the whole herd ran out of the clearing.

We were going to chase after them, but a bright pale figure was suddenly in front of us.

It seemed like he was in a hurry. With one flick of his hand, I blacked out.

Darin’s POV

I can’t believe I imprinted on this angel. Leah. She was truly beautiful. And to top it all off, Makani and Red instantly trusted her. Probably because, being my imprint, she’s automatically the Luna of the pack. Or the “Mother of the Pack.”

After talking for a while, I actually explained my packs situation and her new title. She seemed happy.

We heard the bushes behind us so we turned, expecting Makani and Red, but we only saw Red. His eyes were panicked. Concerned now, I knelt by him and looked straight into his eyes.

She’s gone! It took her! He exclaimed.

I started panicking. Red, who took her?!

Red eyes, bright, and—

I cut him off by breaking eye contact.

“Leah, get your pack now!” I yelled as I ran inside to get the vampires.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry i know this took a long time, but i had to really push myself to get it out today. Cancer is hardly preventable when it's so progressed. But my grandma was able to hang on for the whole summer. Im proud of her. Me and my family are still mourning for our loss.

Thanks to everyone who supported me and my story. Ill try to update again, but im losing inspiration fast. If you have any ideas, send them in! Ill give you credit, i promise:)

I just realized that this story has a lot of point of view switches. is it getting confusing? Ill gladly answer questions if you send them in.

please comment!