Status: dead </3 for now?

Your Lips Are a Hot Flame

Chapter Nine - Alex's POV

Alex stared at the door Jack had just left through, he was totally confused as to why Jack had acted like that. Vinny and Rian were both giving him knowing and disappointed looks.
“What?”
They both ignored him after that, the atmosphere in the room was horrible so Alex got up and walked backstage to watch Forever The Sickest Kids play. He giggled as Caleb jumped around the stage looking in his prime. When the band finished playing Caleb ran over to Alex with a sweaty grin.
“You watched me play!” he giggled.

Alex gave him a nod and a sweet smile, All Time Low were on next and he really should get the guys but then again they would come themselves, they weren’t children. He sat down on a large solid box with Caleb.
“So I was wondering if after your band played you wanted to go a walk, I hear it’s really nice here”
Alex nodded “Sure, that would be fun.”

Jack and Zack both appeared near them, Jack still looked upset and Alex swore he was giving Caleb a nasty look. Backstage was the quietest it had been in forever and after about ten minutes Caleb jumped to his feet said goodbye telling Alex he’d meet him after they played. Jack gave him a look of venom and grabbed his guitar ready for his and Zack’s entrance on stage. Alex shrugged and ran on grinning as the kids screamed.

***

“CALEB NO” Alex squealed trying to jump away from the boys fingers as he tickled his ribs. Caleb laughed loudly and grabbed him round the waist picking him up and trying to run with him. He failed and ended up on the ground. Alex hit his upper arm.
“That hurt Calebbbbbb”
Caleb giggled and stood up pulling Alex to his feet. Alex blushed and started walking again. He could the butterflies in his tummy that he used to get back in high school when he started dating Jack.

He still loved Jack.
He did.
So much.
Somehow though it just wasn’t the same as it was back in high school, it was like they just didn’t make an effort anymore, and even though Alex tried his hardest to get over it…Jack still technically raped him, that was hard to forget, hard to get over, even if he did try so very hard.

“Caleb can I ask you something?”
Caleb nodded giving Alex a smile.
“How do you know when you don’t love someone anymore?”
Caleb gave him a knowing look, he obviously knew who Alex was referring to with this question. “The spark that was there when you fell in love is gone, when you look at that person you don’t feel butterflies anymore, you start to resent them, blaming them for something they can’t control. It get’s hard to spend time with them cause you don’t know whether to stay or go. It’s horrible really, I was in love once and next thing I know I just wanted to run, to get out of the relationship. Worst thing was I couldn’t even explain why I lost my feeling for them, it just happened.”

Alex sighed “I don’t think I love Jack anymore…I mean…I can’t be sure, I could just be being stupid…but when I look at him…I just want to panic, curl up and cry, every time he touches me I feel sick…” he muttered.
Caleb looked at him wide eyed “doesn’t sound like love…sounds like you’re scared of him…what happened?”
Alex bit his lip “well…we’ve been together since high school…it’s been so long…I felt like I was being a bad boyfriend by not having had sex with him yet…and I loved him so much it seemed like that was what I was meant to do…” he stopped walking and sat on the edge of the sidewalk.

Caleb joined him and placed a hand on his shoulder. Alex shut his eyes and sighed trying to pluck up the courage to continue.
“So I told Jack I was ready…and then…I realised I wasn’t ready…I tried to tell him but I couldn’t do it, I couldn’t let him down like that after I told him, I hoped maybe he’d notice I wasn’t enjoying it but…he didn’t, he was too wrapped up in what he was doing…” Alex burst into tears.
Caleb wrapped his arms tightly around Alex’s shoulders trying not to look shocked. Alex cried on him trying to control himself.

“You wanna sleep on our bus tonight?”
Alex nodded slowly. Caleb stood up taking Alex with him.
“Caleb…thank you”
“no problem…”
Alex looked up realising just how close his face was to Caleb’s, without thinking he leaned forward and attached their lips.
♠ ♠ ♠
don't kill me?

cweamee xxx